SASS Wire Forum

Whether you are for or against DADT being repealed

Are you kidding? After all, they were using it as an excuse to keep the military off-site. Harvard had to make a statement like that or risk exposing the truth. Now they'll come up with some new excuse to keep them off campus. This is an anti-military issue. It had nothing to do with DADT.

Now look for unintended consequences....

ThisROTC issue could have been settled long ago. I suggest that if a college doesn't allow ROTC, then it's not eligible for any Federal research grants or other Federal tax dollar subsidies. Stick that in your Harvard liberal bong and smoke it.

Repealing DADT was one last stab by Congress before it changes hands. Every time this issue comes up, I think about Cpl. Klinger on MASH. I'll wait and see what happens.

Who was a driving force on keeping the US military off Harvard grounds, none other then our newest supreme court justice Elana (I wear comfortable shoes) Kagan. half wits!

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea that colleges...ANY colleges...are involved in our national defense policies. Either they take the ROTC programs regardless, or they give up federal money in any form, including student loans.

I sure hope the repeal does not cause retention and recruitment issues or the end result may be to reinstitute the draft!

This may be especially true if we see any significant recovery in the economy.

Doc

Well folks - thanks for jumpin' all over me on this :FlagAm: (no pun intended :) )

My point is that I am trying to find something good to come out of this and felt that bringing ROTC back, for what ever reason or excuse, is a good thing...

Anyway...y'all do what you do best. Flame away!! :FlagAm: (no pun intended :FlagAm: )

Ho Ho Ho...

GG ~ :FlagAm:

I sure hope the repeal does not cause retention and recruitment issues or the end result may be to reinstitute the draft!

This may be especially true if we see any significant recovery in the economy.

Doc

Now that is an example of 'a bad thng' - my hope is with ya on this DD!

GG ~ :)

Archived