SASS Wire Forum

Need a little help from the Prayer Posse

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

My neighbor and friend of almost 34 years adopted two dogs 14 years ago. The dogs were both adults at that time, a male and a female. Ruby was killed crossing the street four years ago and Joe and Sky have been baching it ever since. Sky died this morning. German shepherds almost never live to be 15+ years old, so it wasn't a surprise.

Joe is 78 years old and has lived alone pretty much since his daughter moved out in '84 and that dog was his best friend. He's putting on a good face, but he's really hurting.

I'd like some extra prayers to help him get through this, if you don't mind. I'll consider it a favor.

Thanks.

Prayers up fer Joe. And God bless ya fer bein a good friend Forty Rod.

Chili Pepper Kid

My neighbor and friend of almost 34 years adopted two dogs 14 years ago. The dogs were both adults at that time, a male and a female. Ruby was killed crossing the street four years ago and Joe and Sky have been baching it ever since. Sky died this morning. German shepherds almost never live to be 15+ years old, so it wasn't a surprise.

Joe is 78 years old and has lived alone pretty much since his daughter moved out in '84 and that dog was his best friend. He's putting on a good face, but he's really hurting.

I'd like some extra prayers to help him get through this, if you don't mind. I'll consider it a favor.

Thanks.

course Fortys... Joe has my prayers, and my best wishes for a better 2011. When you have nothing else a dog is like your family I think. So, Joe is in my prayers as is Sky, cuz Sky will go to doggie heaven, but he still needs to know we all love him. Thanks Fortys...

Awww, Forty... darned if I didn't get a speck of dust in my eye reading that story... :unsure:

Prayers, good thoughts and best wishes to Joe from myself and Sassparilla.

My prayers for peace and complete healing and for another kind soul to be placed in his path that will help him and lead him through the adoption process of a new "best friend"... I know the pain... my German Shepherd lived to be 17 1/2 years old...

Vaya con Dios

Thanks.

======================================

Done.

Prayers up fer Joe. And God bless ya fer bein a good friend Forty Rod.

Chili Pepper Kid

+1 Well said. Prayers up from our ranch also!

BSD

Prayers up for Ruby, Joe and Sky, 4T Rod.

Thanks.

Dun ma freind -------------------

Prayers up from Texas .It is so hard to lose the best friend when they have 4 legs. Lots of people dont understand. Prayers up from me and my best female friend to the left.

Thanks.

Amen to all of the above. Thanks be to God for the loving four-legged friends he gives us.

A word or two upward for a friend of a friend.

It's tough when you lose a pet. I have lost 3 of my dogs over the years. They were all something special. My latest dog, came from the local animal shelter. She is a beautiful female chocolate Lab. She is smart and well-trained. She is my constant companion since I retired. Prayers Up for Joe. There are plenty of great dogs out there that need good homes.

Archived