SASS Wire Forum

Holy Cow Christmas Spirit.. lol

Deja Vous

I have so much stuff to do still, but tonight it may not happen. I have been asked to dinner at a friends house, last minute thing! She decided to make a big meal and her kids will be home tonight so I can meet them her husband, sister and her dad... Pretty cool!! I am thrilled really cuz she is a great cook!! K.. so one of the things is cow tongue.. lol... maybe not so good, but I laughed so hard about it a month ago she had to invite me when he dad makes it.. lol.. So, holy cow tongue?

So, have you ever had cow tongue???? Or brains??? Not sure I can do this really, suddenly I feel very full.. lol.. Nah it will be fun, Rat is invited too.. very cool... What does tongue taste like anyhow? lol

I have so much stuff to do still, but tonight it may not happen. I have been asked to dinner at a friends house, last minute thing! She decided to make a big meal and her kids will be home tonight so I can meet them her husband, sister and her dad... Pretty cool!! I am thrilled really cuz she is a great cook!! K.. so one of the things is cow tongue.. lol... maybe not so good, but I laughed so hard about it a month ago she had to invite me when he dad makes it.. lol.. So, holy cow tongue?

So, have you ever had cow tongue???? Or brains??? Not sure I can do this really, suddenly I feel very full.. lol.. Nah it will be fun, Rat is invited too.. very cool... What does tongue taste like anyhow? lol

Tongue tastes lots like potted meat best I remember. No way will eat brains of anything. No prions for me.

So tuf up and chew away...it may leave you speachless.

:FlagAm::PB);):D

I never much liked beef tongue. It's a tough hunk of meat.

But I do like heart, liver, fries (nuts), and sweetbreads (saliva glands).

Merry Christmas,

Mustang Gregg

Cow Tounge is great stuff . . . my mom used to cook it often. . . probably becuz back in those days it was cheap. I've only cooked tounge a couple of times. . . . waz cooking for myself and while cold tounge sandwiches are great . . . . I was pretty tired of tounge buy the time I'd eaten it all. Maybe I only cooked tounge once ? . . was long time ago.

Anyhow . . . it is good stuff . . . Brains . . . yes she did that also . . . I didn't care much for that.

Yep, heard BMC ate brains onct and look what happened!

Kinda like the above, Mother would save the tongue and make a sandwich spread out of it. Seemed to last forever and I haven't eaten it since. That said, there were only two spices she used...salt and pepper. I bet if you added a little cajun twist it'd make a great substitute for crab meat.

There are two kinds of sweetbreads that folks argue over: One is the neck type including the thymus gland and other. Second is the pancreas which is what we ate.

Mother would cook the heart too...you could chew on that forever.

All in all these are the basics of sonofagun stew and thats why older folks and amerinds ate meat, lights, heart, boudins, sweetbreads and everything else. From all these you get basically a balanced diet sans fiber. If you just eat muscle meat, you'll likely suffer from malnutrition. Besides, you weren't supposed to waste anything. We still don't cause all that other gets ground up to make viennies....the basic food of all deer camps.

So, have you ever had cow tongue???? Or brains???

I had Cow Tongue once, but it cleared up after a couple of weeks of bed-rest and chicken soup --- never did have any brains, tho'!! :FlagAm:

cow tongue iz very tasty. I love it but it iz expensive so we dont have it az much az I wood like to. :FlagAm:

Uh, okay tasty to you maybe.. lol.. Yuck... No thanks but the tamales were great.. lol

Tongue tastes lots like potted meat best I remember. No way will eat brains of anything. No prions for me.

So tuf up and chew away...it may leave you speachless.

Little leaves me speechless as you well know.. Maybe Birth, death, love, hope,.... you guys.. lol... But yeah the cow tongue left me feeling something.. but speechless did not come to mind .. lol..

When I was a kid, tongue was cheap, and we ate it alot, I don't like tongue.

I agree with you Grizzes.. Tongue does not top my list of good meats.. lol.. yuck.. I have to say maybe if it did not look like tongue it might help??????? lol

Properly cooked cow tongue is delicious. Braised with veggies for a few hours then covered with mustard and brown sugar and broiled until glazed. Don't get no better!!!!!!!

Sorry, Jacksons... but I am seeing baby back ribs iwth your recipe.. lol..

:FlagAm::PB);):D

I never much liked beef tongue. It's a tough hunk of meat.

But I do like heart, liver, fries (nuts), and sweetbreads (saliva glands).

Merry Christmas,

Mustang Gregg

Ahhh.. Mustangs.. lol... Heart Liver, and nuts and you want me to think you have GOOD taste??? lol... I am not even going down the path of sweetbreads.. lol.. I will admit I try anything at least once.. Crawdads, not so bad.. snails love them with garlic.. But for some reason Organs have never fit my palate at the table anyhow..

What Bob & Sam said. My Dad was a butcher we had all the lights at our house. Brains, sweet breads, tongue, ox

tail. Tongue makes pretty good lunchmeat for sandwiches. Regards, TJ

Really ox tail???

Cow Tounge is great stuff . . . my mom used to cook it often. . . probably becuz back in those days it was cheap. I've only cooked tounge a couple of times. . . . waz cooking for myself and while cold tounge sandwiches are great . . . . I was pretty tired of tounge buy the time I'd eaten it all. Maybe I only cooked tounge once ? . . was long time ago.

Anyhow . . . it is good stuff . . . Brains . . . yes she did that also . . . I didn't care much for that.

Brother Wolfees.. lol.. I have to say we may not be RELATED.. lol... Cuz a cold tongue sandwich does nto sound even a bit good after tonight. I have had a few people talk me in to tring crazy stuff.. Like bear, rattler, and smelt.. lol.. But I have to say the tongue was not my taste at all. Course then I like Steak raw or warmed up at best.. lol.. Use to eat raw hamburger... Years ago the cook in a little cafe in AZ came out to find out what huge hunk might be ordering a hard egg, with a rare burger patty.. lol... yeah, she found me and we laugh about it for a year, while we road the desert together on horse back.. lol.. She was looking for a guy and ended up with a gal pal to ride with and laugh with.. which was pretty cool.. but when she told me the story about what she expected I have to say I about fell on the floor with laughter.. She was like 5'10" 190 LBS.. lol.. I was not exactly what she had in mind.. lol.. But we were friends for a long time.. lol And yeah it was so darn funny. She drank a bit, and I can still remember the days of her on horse back falling off in the rivers when the washes ran in AZ.. I laughed so hard the day her horse laid down in the water.. I kept tellnge her it was going to happen as the horse pawed at the water, and began a circle kinda.. lol.. Man what a day.. lol At least with a horse if someone is drunk, the horse still has a brain.. lol

Yep, heard BMC ate brains onct and look what happened!

Kinda like the above, Mother would save the tongue and make a sandwich spread out of it. Seemed to last forever and I haven't eaten it since. That said, there were only two spices she used...salt and pepper. I bet if you added a little cajun twist it'd make a great substitute for crab meat.

There are two kinds of sweetbreads that folks argue over: One is the neck type including the thymus gland and other. Second is the pancreas which is what we ate.

Mother would cook the heart too...you could chew on that forever.

All in all these are the basics of sonofagun stew and thats why older folks and amerinds ate meat, lights, heart, boudins, sweetbreads and everything else. From all these you get basically a balanced diet sans fiber. If you just eat muscle meat, you'll likely suffer from malnutrition. Besides, you weren't supposed to waste anything. We still don't cause all that other gets ground up to make viennies....the basic food of all deer camps.

Man.. I have to say I am wasteful... lolll I am so sorry.. that I am but I can not eat the tongue.. lol rotfl.. really now, you have to understand I am a picky eater here.. lol..

A good tongue sandwich will speak for itself

Dustys.. lol.. You are a crazy cowboy.. lol... what a line.. lol.

I had Cow Tongue once, but it cleared up after a couple of weeks of bed-rest and chicken soup --- never did have any brains, tho'!! :FlagAm:

yeah... I can relate I never have had a brain of my own either.. lol.. At times I hope that I have learned.. maybe I should eat cow brains it might make me a bit smater about people who want to use ya? lol.. Oh, wait IF I eat cow brains would that work in this case? lol

Had pig brains once. As a kid. It ranked right up there with liver and onions.

Not on BMC's menu. I do like chicken gizzards and hearts. Not much for any kind

of liver or brains. Given a choice though, a grilled over mesquite New York Steak with some fried taters.

AND A COLD BEER TO QUAF IT DOWN WITH. :FlagAm:

Had pig brains once. As a kid. It ranked right up there with liver and onions.

Not on BMC's menu. I do like chicken gizzards and hearts. Not much for any kind

of liver or brains. Given a choice though, a grilled over mesquite New York Steak with some fried taters.

AND A COLD BEER TO QUAF IT DOWN WITH. :FlagAm:

Yeah.. me too brother.. as wild as I get is Escargot or Elk.. lol... this was not my night for "great" food.. lol... But the wine.. a Cabernet of some kind started with an X.. from Mexico.. straight to my brain.. lol.. I was far to crazy.. lol.. But I did make it home.. I have to say if I had the wine first I might have eaten the tongue.. loll

I had Cow Tongue once, but it cleared up after a couple of weeks of bed-rest and chicken soup --- never did have any brains, tho'!! :unsure:

GAWD! It REALLY hurts when the hot coffee comes out your nose!

Good thing I had a spare keyboard too.

GAWD! It REALLY hurts when the hot coffee comes out your nose!

Good thing I had a spare keyboard too.

lol. That was very funny huh? Ah... do you want some Cow Tongue with your new cup of coffee?

Cow Tongue is the toughest muscle on the animal, needs lots of moist cooking.

Once upon a time I worked in a slaugher house. The boss found that he could rely on me to do a job that I was given so I got a real variety of jobs, whenever someone called in sick (hungover, mostly) I would do his job for a day or two. One of those jobs was packing brains. Not my favorite job but it was ahead of "hide cellar."

I think brains aren't marketed any more because of Mad Cow Disease.

As for the other stuff, parts is parts.

I have to agree with with Dusty on agood cow tongue samich. Dad would always boil one and then put in fridge and we just slice it off cold. Good Eatin.

GOMs... not one part of that sounds good to me after tasting it.. lol... And COLD!! Oh, my gosh.. lol. Mac and cheese I can eat cold, turkey and stuffing, burgers, steak, but I have to draw the line on Tongue.. cold or hot.. lol

I'll eat any part of a cow except the brains an d tongue and stomach linning (Tripe?) oh and the tail. Now mountain oysters is a real treat battered and deep fried. ooop s I dont eat the hooves either!

That stuff is for my dog.

Tascosa

GOMs... not one part of that sounds good to me after tasting it.. lol... And COLD!! Oh, my gosh.. lol. Mac and cheese I can eat cold, turkey and stuffing, burgers, steak, but I have to draw the line on Tongue.. cold or hot.. lol

Cold tongue is great stuff . . . . :FlagAm:

Tripe is good too . . .

When in Mexico . . . Menudo Blanco Par-favor . . . MMMmmmm good, . .

. . . . with Mexican beer to wash it down . . . . . ( just reminicing of how it was long, long ago . . . )

I'll eat any part of a cow except the brains an d tongue and stomach linning (Tripe?) oh and the tail. Now mountain oysters is a real treat battered and deep fried. ooop s I dont eat the hooves either!

That stuff is for my dog.

Tascosa

Tascos.. I get you big time.. lol.. If it is rare and beef I like it.. lol. But the organs not so much.. lol Now I admit I love Escargo with garlic... lol.. Hooves, arent they for glue? lol

Cold tongue is great stuff . . . . :FlagAm:

Tripe is good too . . .

When in Mexico . . . Menudo Blanco Par-favor . . . MMMmmmm good, . .

. . . . with Mexican beer to wash it down . . . . . ( just reminicing of how it was long, long ago . . . )

K.. so cold tongue is not great stuff.. nor is tripe.. but rare beef is wonderful.. but then some people like skunks, lol.. I love garlic, I do like strong smells, but I do draw the line at Skunks.. lol.

Brother wolfiess I know you can't understand that.. lol.. I have this fetish for baths and turquiseths..lol.. The later keeps me in real time to scare the heck of people. lol. and the bath part, well thats for me.. lol I kinda like a bubble bath, even if it is in a stock tank.. lol.. Still is pretty darn me.. lol

Didn't have cow's tounge...but did have buffalo's tounge. Took a old non-breedin cow wif a 45-70 Springfeild Trapdoor, black powder, 500 grain bulliet at 950 yards (Or so). Used all of da aminal. Tounge is good, tastes like a potted meat or somethin' like dat. I always put brains & eggs on my plate when I have'em. No differant tween pig's or buffalo's, it's all good eatin' to me !!! :FlagAm:

Archived