SASS Wire Forum

TOP AUTOS - Firearms

Here are 3 of my favorites -

More fun with a 40 round mag installed, and the wood stock attached.

One 6 round fullauto burst at end of video

The first assault rifle.

Rock and Roll

Tull

I have Roogear for shooting 22's, a Taurus for shooting .17's at gophers, a S&W 9mm for home defense, a 32 and 380 KelTec for personal carry and three Taurus 45 auto just because I wanted them. The compact model is my winter personal carry.

If we are talking handguns

1. 1911

2. Browning Hi Power

3. Polish Radom

(all basically the same gun with a tweek here and there)

4. Glock 17 (Because it introduced Polymars to the gun world)

5. 1903 Colt Pocket model

I can't think of much else in autos that turned the handgun world on its ear

Bugs

I'm pretty partial to my Remington Model 8 autoloader in .35 Remington. It was my Dad's from 1941 until I got it from him in 1961. He bought it from a man who bought it new in 1921.

Hey, that reminds me: Rowdy, did you find that sight aperture? :FlagAm:

1911: Well, duh

Colt Match Target Match 22LR

Glock 17 2nd Gen: Without those imperfect front strap finger notches

If we are talking handguns

1. 1911

2. Browning Hi Power

3. Polish Radom

(all basically the same gun with a tweek here and there)

4. Glock 17 (Because it introduced Polymars to the gun world)

5. 1903 Colt Pocket model

I can't think of much else in autos that turned the handgun world on its ear

Bugs

Actually the H&K VP-70 was the first polymar frame pistol.

Actually the H&K VP-70 was the first polymar frame pistol.

You are correct but what I was trying to say was that it was the Glock that got all the "Plastic" press and turned the shooting world on its ear. I was thinking popularity.

Bugs

OK, Rifles, this should be easy

1. M1 Garand, this was the game changer when everyone else was shooting bolt actions along came John

2. AK 47, simple reliable and it is everywhere

3. M16/AR15, it's everything and anything you want it to be

4. 10/22, probably the most popular 22 of all time and another everything and anything you want it to be

5. Nylon 66, A gun that turned the world on it's ear in 1959 when it was introduced

After that there are so many it's hard to rate them but these are my top five

Easy for me as I don't own any S/A rifles, so pistols ....

No question, my High Standard Supermatic Tournament, Military .22 LR. :huh: Bought this gun new in 1967 when I got out of the Army and have shot it in competition since then. I have literally shot tens of thousands of rounds thru it and never done anything to it except clean it. :unsure: I only wish some of my other guns to be as reliable as this beauty is.

The favorite "automatic" in my personal collection is a Para-Ordnance P14-45 that was my first major gun purchase. A 1911 with 14+1 capacity, what more could a fella want? No telling how many thousands of rounds through it and never a single malfunction, still the one I'd keep if I could only have one.

The AR-15/M-16 simply HAS to be on any such list! The M1 Garand. Walther PPK. Browning Hi-Power. Colt 1911. Glock 17.

The most impressive auto handgun I ever saw was the Desert Eagle in .50 Action Express. A guy was shooting one on an indoor range with ultra-sonic loads - 3 feet of muzzle flash in broad daylight, and the 'sonic boom' of each shot seemed to make the whole building shake - just watching that thing go off was an experience I'll never forget! I'm frankly surprised the backstop held up.

The favorite "automatic" in my personal collection is a Para-Ordnance P14-45 that was my first major gun purchase.
A 1911 with 14+1 capacity,
what more could a fella want? No telling how many thousands of rounds through it and never a single malfunction, still the one I'd keep if I could only have one.

The AR-15/M-16 simply HAS to be on any such list! The M1 Garand. Walther PPK. Browning Hi-Power. Colt 1911. Glock 17.

The most impressive auto handgun I ever saw was the Desert Eagle in .50 Action Express. A guy was shooting one on an indoor range with ultra-sonic loads - 3 feet of muzzle flash in broad daylight, and the 'sonic boom' of each shot seemed to make the whole building shake - just watching that thing go off was an experience I'll never forget! I'm frankly surprised the backstop held up.

UH, lets jest say its a 1911 STYLE gun 'n let it go at that :):FlagAm:

UH, lets jest say its a 1911 STYLE gun 'n let it go at that :):FlagAm:

LOL, you got me there, OK. It's a "1911 style" with 14+1 capacity for all you Literalists out there :FlagAm:

Sig Sauer P226 in .40 S&W.

Designed for the U.S. Army and carried by U.S. Navy SEALs, Texas Rangers and many other elite military and law enforcement professionals, the SIG SAUER® P226® has earned its place in the highest class of production pistols.

Good enough for Me!

Sig Sauer P226 in .40 S&W.

Designed for the U.S. Army and carried by U.S. Navy SEALs, Texas Rangers and many other elite military and law enforcement professionals, the SIG SAUER® P226® has earned its place in the highest class of production pistols.

Good enough for Me!

I'm purdy fond of my Sig 229R-DAK too. It came with .40 S&W + .357 Sig barrels. Then I added a Bar-Sto 9mm barrel. And fer this Christmas ah gotz da .22LR conversion kit.

Any ah those other guns on thet list kin shoot FOUR different calibers, in about 60 seconds time?

It's my EDC carry gun, it's never had a FTF/FTE or any misfires since I've owned it in 5 years :FlagAm:

I know that lots of folks love their 1911s, actual and "styled".....I have a Slim Hawg that I fell in love with and just had to buy....

But my favorite remains a Walther P99 in .40 S&W...

Absolutely zero malfunctions or failures in over 6 years of frequent use;

Very simple and quick to strip, clean and reassemble;

Cleanly shoots everything from high-end self-defense loads to my FMJ reloads;

Dead-on accurate, and ejects well off to the right.

Sometimes simple is better.

LL

I'm purdy fond of my Sig 229R-DAK too. It came with .40 S&W + .357 Sig barrels. Then I added a Bar-Sto 9mm barrel. And fer this Christmas ah gotz da .22LR conversion kit.

Any ah those other guns on thet list kin shoot FOUR different calibers, in about 60 seconds time?

It's my EDC carry gun, it's never had a FTF/FTE or any misfires since I've owned it in 5 years :blink:

Have a freind at work who's Dad had his Sig stolen out his truck :wacko:

He had just finished up loading 1200 rds of 357 Sig for it :P

Archived