SASS Wire Forum

Tang and Globe Front Sights for sale- SPF

Mingo Frank

Recently I got a nice Gemmer-Sharps that had a well made set of tang/globe front sights installed. After much pondering I decided to remove them and go with a more traditional long bar Hawken sight. Seriously...I'll never be shooting at 200 yds+ :FlagAm:

I am not sure of the maker, but the globe front is much like a Baldwin globe sight I found online for $155.00 . The sight has a level inside the hood and has a single post installed.

The rear has an adjustable diopter. Elevation is changed by loosening the eyepiece and then using the knurled screw to raise or lower it. The windage is changed with a knurled knob on the right side. The base has an adjustable slide bar and seems to fit holes spaced from 2-2.5 inches apart. This bar also has a rounded, raised end that engages a detent in the bottom of the sight ladder. If your tang shows a lot of drop, you can adjust the upright so it will be at 90 degrees to the barrel. There is no manufacturer marked on the sight, but it seems to be very well made.

http://cid-0ed02c957fb623d7.photos.live.co...wse.aspx/Sights

I am selling them as a set for $200.00 shipped to you. Here is a chance for you long range shooters with good eyes to really shine.

Mingo :D

Archived