SASS Wire Forum

action job on revolver in movie 'Rio Bravos'

stepnmud#33546

On Stumpy's gun and Walter Brennan in his best opinion, remarks that No! he don't want no work done on his pistol. :FlagAm:

now just what kind of action job would this be? something a gunfighter might do? making the firing pin hit more easily or just total movie fabrication?

OK, I pulled this from the movie script. http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts...ript-hawks.html

Before I forget, your gun's a little stiff.

You mind if I file the action a bit?

"I don't want you to file no action

on my gun.

I don't want no easy pull. I might

shoot myself. Get somebody else's.

Why don't you give him his own guns?

-I forgot all about them.

-Your memory is no better than mine."

:FlagAm:

That was a good movie and I quit counting the times I have watched it in my 63 years. Most westerns have the hero seeking out a good Gunsmith such as Eastwood, Wayne, and others. I always thought that was good to include so that the average shooter would not mess up his gun with one too many file strokes. As my instructors at S&W and other armorer schools always say; you may always take more off but you can never put any back.

Guest diablo slim shootist
That was a good movie and I quit counting the times I have watched it in my 63 years. Most westerns have the hero seeking out a good Gunsmith such as Eastwood, Wayne, and others. I always thought that was good to include so that the average shooter would not mess up his gun with one too many file strokes. As my instructors at S&W and other armorer schools always say; you may always take more off but you can never put any back.
Not with out a Tig welder you cant-they can weld the head of a pin now a days :FlagAm:

A better saying is" easy to take off more difficult to put back on" :D Diablo slim (Tool Maker)

Watch "The Quick and The Dead" when Gene Hackman files on his pistols at night before the big gunfight .

Does that scene bother anyone else?

I won't even CLEAN my guns immediately before a big match - much less do any action work to them. :FlagAm:

And he's just sitting there filing away the night before a life or death gunfight?

It probably didn't bother him, because unlike Creeker, he could actually draw, fire, and HIT his intended target!

Heheheheheheheheheheh ....... Giggle giggle.......... :FlagAm:

OK, I pulled this from the movie script. http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts...ript-hawks.html

Before I forget, your gun's a little stiff.

You mind if I file the action a bit?

"I don't want you to file no action

on my gun.

I don't want no easy pull. I might

shoot myself. Get somebody else's.

Why don't you give him his own guns?

-I forgot all about them.

-Your memory is no better than mine."

:D

And NO firing pin was even spoke of, HUH :FlagAm:;):lol::P

It probably didn't bother him, because unlike Creeker, he could actually draw, fire, and HIT his intended target!

Heheheheheheheheheheh ....... Giggle giggle.......... :FlagAm:

Don't make me buy a Marlin AND an ugly shirt, so I can move to your category and whoop up on ya. :D

Watch "The Quick and The Dead" when Gene Hackman files on his pistols at night before the big gunfight .

I'd certainly rather take your word for it than watch that disaster again.

I'd certainly rather take your word for it than watch that disaster again.

Mack,

I swear I'm trying to put "disaster" and "Sharon Stone" together........and it ain't workin!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas,

Yellowboy

I got an ugly shirt, your fixed up Creeker

Mack,

I swear I'm trying to put "disaster" and "Sharon Stone" together........and it ain't workin!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas,

Yellowboy

Well, they tried to put Sharon Stane and a western script together and it didn't work out either.

Ann Margaret coudn't have saved that script. I would have watched it, but it would have been painful. :FlagAm:

Archived