SASS Wire Forum

SASS Lifetime Membership

MMJ#89586

I really doubt it, it's a good thought, but don't think they will, look at this way, if everyone bought a life membership at once, then the money would eventually run out, then how do they make any money, at least renewing every year they are making money and have money to operate, always thought about a life membership but decided to renew every year, I just renewed but did it for 3 years, that will take me to 65 and I might get a life then, it is cheaper at 65, but most likely will keep renewing so they have money to work with.

All for now JD Trampas

I really doubt it, it's a good thought, but don't think they will, look at this way, if everyone bought a life membership at once, then the money would eventually run out, then how do they make any money, at least renewing every year they are making money and have money to operate, always thought about a life membership but decided to renew every year, I just renewed but did it for 3 years, that will take me to 65 and I might get a life then, it is cheaper at 65, but most likely will keep renewing so they have money to work with.

All for now JD Trampas

I here ya about the money thing, it'd just be nice to have a special offer sometime down the road. And let people like me who can't afford a lifetime membership to at least have the chance to get one.

I think what the OP might be looking for is a discounted membership after so many years of renewal. Another organization I belong to charges $600 for a life membership unless you have renewed annually for 5 consecutive years. After that, the life membership price goes down to $450.

I understand about the loss of revenue if a lot of members go life, but OTOH some positions require life membership, like TG.

There is the price discount for Seniors ($500 vs $750) which helps, but it will also tend to skew your life membership holders to being senior. I've though about Life membership, but with both me and the missus shooting that would currently be $1500 in one big chunk - and I could buy a slicked-up '73 for that. Also, doing the math, we might end up saving money on annual memberships based on how many years we can continue to play this game. We want to play as long as we can, but health may prevent us from playing as long as we want.

Have I got a deal to tell you about....

For only $20 you can buy a raffle ticket to win a SASS Life Membership along with Gold Badge number 90,000.

Only 500 tickets will be sold, winner will be drawn after all tickets are sold.

Proceeds of the raffle go to the SASS Memorial Chapel project.

Click here to find out more

Not so many years ago the Wild Bunch was opposed to the idea of life memberships, period. The Judge even wrote an article in the Chronicle that said if we did that everybody would go Life and SASS would be broke in a few years. The only reason they are selling life memberships at all is because lots of members complained them into it. Discounts based on lots of years of yearly memberships would be nice, but not likely to happen, IMHO.

Only two "deals" as far as I can see.

1) Buy a Life as early in your shooting career as you can, or

2) Buy it as you become eligible for a Senior discount.

Savings on both of those "deals" depend upon your shooting career end point. If you can predict that, you can make a wise choice. Some seniors, seeing they are going to be on a tight budget, want to get the expense out of the way before they go into full retirement.

Until then, remember you are supporting perhaps the most fun shooting sport with your annual membership fees!

Good luck, GJ

Archived