I scurried about,

Quick as a mouse.

I looked down low,

And I looked up high,

But narry did I see,

Any Christmas PIE!

Pie!

OkieGrinch

so far I have made cookies.. I will make a fruit cake in January for my Dad.. and maybe a pie for Christmas, not sure which kind, but he loves Rhubarb or Lemon pie.. I would send ya some, but the pony express is down from the bad weather.. lol. Honestly I am not talented until the dish has garlic in it.. lol... So, you are probably better off.. lol

Well, there's pie and there's "pie"...and there's pi.

Yesterday I made 2 large loves each of four fruit cake recipes, one was my Grandmother's recipe the other 3 were based on that one but modified.

Today I baked 4 chess pies using Dad's recipe and one "experimental" chess pie using almonds instead of pecans and ameretto instead of vanilla...because my daughter can't eat pecans or walnuts.

Tomorrow is a day off from baking while I set up all the other stuff and supervise the final day of a contractor's work on my house.

Thursday is for baking breads, rolls, and muffins.

Friday the kids are coming and we'll eat our big Christmas dinner in the evening. Momma takes over the cooking with turkey, ham, potatoes, candied yams, veggies, etc.

Christmas day we open gifts and have friends drop by all afternoon to smile, talk, show off, and graze on leftovers, and "small hand foods".

Sunday I plan to see if I can set a record for flat on my back groaning and flash naps.

Merry Christmas to all of you.

Ms. Mary Matilda just pulled a Pumkin Pie outa the oven 'bout 30 minutes ago..... will get to it right after we eat the shepards pie that she cookin' right now.......

Ms. Mary Matilda just pulled a Pumkin Pie outa the oven 'bout 30 minutes ago..... will get to it right after we eat the shepards pie that she cookin' right now.......

So you have yer own pie, and you had to swipe the shepard's pie as well? :FlagAm::P

We have a pumpkin pie from Costco. My grandfather owned two bakeries and my dad had the pie crust recipe in his head. He never shared it with anyone and it went to the grave with him. What a waste. His pie crust was to kill for.

Merry Christmas.

Okie, if you are pie-less, I will pick up a couple and bring them down for you.

Willie

Guest Henry Horns SASS #19579L

I made up a 1 gallon batch of "Apple Pie" from Chili Pepper Kid's recipe :unsure: about 3-4 weeks ago.

We had early Christmas on Sunday with the kids and now it's almost gone. :huh:

Sure is good!

H

I just finished up the last slice of that pumpkin pie; right out the frig with a large portion of real whip cream.....

ummmmmmmm good!

Archived