SASS Wire Forum

Merry Christmas?

C.S. Undertaker

Back in late October, had an ad selling some leather goods. Several items sold without any problems. One item was spoken for, phone numbers swapped and calls made. An agreement was made and I was told funds were on the way.

I had to leave on a week long vacation around the 6th of November so I went ahead and shipped the item (and I threw in a bonus item) so the member did not have to wait for my return. After I got back I received a message that he got the item and had "forgotten" to mail the funds but he would do so immediately.

I accepted this and told him I would look for the funds in the coming week. SKIP to the Thanksgiving..... while travelling to visit relatives, received a phone call stating that he had still not sent it but would do so right away. After returning from this trip, no funds, no messages, I contacted him again and he stated that he sent it but had some idea that the way he sent it was through some company and they must have messed up. He said he would try again. Here it is Christmas and nothing.

1. I should not have sent it until receiving funds (I have done this on several occasions in the past without any problem, the people that use the classifieds had always impressed me as honest people just doing the same thing I was)

2. It is now almost 2 months since the agreement and no funds.

3. It is Christmas and I am now considering this his Christmas present and will write it off.

Your word is only as good as your actions that back it up.

Merry Christmas from CS Undertaker

Your action displays much more than the Cowboy Way and I comend you for taking the high road.

But, IMHO if this person is still on the wire I personally would like to know who it is, if you do not want to post the name please feel free to PM me.

Merry Christmas.

Doc

Great Job Undertaker; you have up-held the cowboy way on your end. Being a trusting person is a good character trait. You will be rewarded. A man's word tells the whole story about an individual and this individual has told his. I'd ride the range with you.

Oliver

Undertaker,

This A$$hole is a liar and a cheat and it doesn't matter what his situation has gotten to. He probably made his bed by his actions. I think I would out him like you planned when you first started this thread. If he hadn't planned on stiffing you, none of the lies would have been necessary. Let your conscience be your guide. I hate it when this sort of thing happens when you try to do the right thing yourself.

RS

C.S. Undertaker, I admire you. It's a shame to be disappointed by a fellow cowboy here on the wire. Your response speaks volumes about your character. I suspect you'll spend this holiday surrounded by family and friends who hold you in high regard.

Merry Christmas.

A.B.

Archived