SASS Wire Forum

Merry Christmas and family

Deja Vous

I was talking with a friend tonight about my plans for a trip to my dad's house for Christmas day. I am so looking forward to being with him and my sister and her husband. And my head filled up with little memories of growing up under the protective wing of my father. It was not until I left to drive home that I really started thinking how very lucky I am to have family. I do not have a mother, and my fathers wife is sweet, but she never was involved in raising me she came along later. I am blessed to have numerous brothers and sisters, but they have children and are out doing the holiday with them every year. So for a moment I had to reflect upon my future... it will be empty without my father, the one remaining person in my family who still wants to be with me on Christmas day. I am not saying that in a manner of being mean, but hey my siblings have kids, they want to be with and grand kids.. makes perfect sense to me.

So, as I was driving and dodging rain drops on my trip home and feeling a bit worried about my future Christmas, I will say the Christmas Carol played in my head.. love that movie.. totally love it.. Anyhow.. I had to realize that right now there are people that do have have children, or moms' and dads at this point in life and here I am worried about the future. So, I will enjoy what I have .. but realize that it will come to and end, and at that point I will like my friend tonight only have friends to share the holidays with.. And my friends will always be welcome at my home as family, even if I do happen to someday build my own little family of my very own again. You never know what the new year will bring into your life for a chance at family, but you do know who you are taking into the new year with you as friends .... and I want to keep all my friends very close to me, like family..

Christmas can be sad for some i am sure, and I hope that this year brings happiness to those who are without family. For my friends who are like family but they are not my family cuz I don't live with them, .. but for those friends.. plan on a phone call for Christmas cuz you mean so much to me. Deja

Best wishes to all during this Special Season and to you Deja Darlin, the best, may yer season be bright and full of memories.

Slick n' Sassy ;)

Thanks Cuzin Slickee miss ya in the saloon..

Deja . . . sounds good . . . . ;)

It sounds good to me too... Merry Christmas week!! lol.

Deja, my wife and I hope this Christmas is your best ever!

Merry Christmas

Tascosa and lil blonde ranch foreman

Merry Christmas to both of you too..... gosh we are almost there... and I just thought of something else I need to get.. yikes... lol

Amen sister Deja-you :P

GG ~ ;)

have a wonderful Christmas brother Gunners... to you and your family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas, Deja.

I'm sending hugs to you and your Dad & family.

This will be a most special Christmas for you.

Love ya, SASS Sister.

Christmas is special.... God is in heaven and happty that we are remembering the birth of our Savior. Sharing with family is so cool. I was asked last night to say grace, and I did not do it, passed on it. I get a bit carried away and the food gets cold.. lol I felt like the person I was eating with had not had the best of days, so the last thing they needed was someone praying for a long time over food.. lol

Merry Christmas to you Deja Vous and to everyone else on the SASS Wire.

I spent a few years in the military a long way away from family and friends at the holidays.

Once I married we made it a custom for Christmas and Thanksgiving, to bring in to our home as many co-workers and friends that could not be with family as we could.

Even in the years after the military, we included those that would be alone for the holidays. For I remember to this day the feelings of being alone at the holidays.

One year we had 30 some folks in our house for Thanksgiving and only about a dozen were related. I smoked 2 25# turkeys, a 10# ham and made the pies (I do the meat and pies every year). Most everyone brought something and we had a truly blessed meal. And anyone that went away hungary only had themselves to blame.

These days we are fortunate to be able to spend the holiday time with our children, their spouses and children, and our friends.

Family isn't always about blood or marriage. Some folk that I consider family and visa versa are not related to us in any way.

Merry Christmas to you Deja Vous and to everyone else on the SASS Wire.

I spent a few years in the military a long way away from family and friends at the holidays.

Once I married we made it a custom for Christmas and Thanksgiving, to bring in to our home as many co-workers and friends that could not be with family as we could.

Even in the years after the military, we included those that would be alone for the holidays. For I remember to this day the feelings of being alone at the holidays.

One year we had 30 some folks in our house for Thanksgiving and only about a dozen were related. I smoked 2 25# turkeys, a 10# ham and made the pies (I do the meat and pies every year). Most everyone brought something and we had a truly blessed meal. And anyone that went away hungary only had themselves to blame.

These days we are fortunate to be able to spend the holiday time with our children, their spouses and children, and our friends.

Family isn't always about blood or marriage. Some folk that I consider family and visa versa are not related to us in any way.

What a great way to spend the holiday!! I bet you have so much fun!

Merry Christmas to you and yours. Indeed the passing of parents changes things. Both of mine have passed and it probably won't be long before we lose the in laws. Now we have to step up and be the older person in some one's life. The one they look up to. It is a whole new prespective.

But enjoy what you have for now. Have an extra hug.

You can always spend time with your cowboy family.

Russ

I was told once when I was younger and my Dad lost his father, that the harder thing is realizing that you are not only now the oldest man in your family, but you are also next. Dad stepped up to the plate with out a wimper.. guess I will have to following his example when my time comes to be the older generation. Course, I am a bit sillier than he is so I doubt may will call me for advice.. lol.. And yeah, my cowboy family is very nice here in CA, in MO, in AZ and on this board... Very cool.

Howdy Deja,

Me n' the Mrs. wish you a Very Merry Christmas. Happy to hear that you will be with your dad.

Your Posse 2 Pard,

Roy

PS

I sure hope we get to shoot on Sunday. Maybe we should just show up with our shotguns for some duck hunting. :FlagAm:

Figured you could use another one of these! :FlagAm:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Howdy Deja,

Me n' the Mrs. wish you a Very Merry Christmas. Happy to hear that you will be with your dad.

Your Posse 2 Pard,

Roy

PS

I sure hope we get to shoot on Sunday. Maybe we should just show up with our shotguns for some duck hunting. :FlagAm:

Gosh, thanks.. Ricochet.. And Merry Christmas to both of you too... I am with my Dad when I can be.. but my dad has 7 kids and his wife has 3 so they are pretty busy with kids and grandkids as you can well imagine. Plus my Dad is 91 and he plans on living his last few years on the edge.. lol.. He has a cabin in Parker, AZ and goes over there for the winter. He is home to be with me for Chirstmans.. but in January he will be gone again. This summer I am sure he will make larger demands on my time with him.. but for now... Parker steals him away from me alot. So, its nice to see him when I can.. My dad and I are a lot alike, we understand each other, respect our needs, and love each other no matter what.. Been that way all my life and I have to say he taught me alot.. and I am so proud of him... Anyhow.. yeah I would go for duck hunting.. I WANT to shoot htis weekend.. Please.. lol.. But what it is it is.. and I will make the very best of the day no matter what.. lol.. Did someone call you.. they won the raffle I saw them with the flyer...

BTW.. Miz Demearner is with a gun "doctor".. but when she comes home if she is "cured" I will HAVE to have one of your trigger wraps are the best I have ever seen. They are so tight and so perfect.. everyone should have one is what I think.. hugs.. to you and your family.. Deja.

Figured you could use another one of these! :FlagAm:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Blackwaters do you know me? lol.. Merry Christmas, hugs, and a friendly kiss on the cheek is what I am all about.. I love Christmas, God, SASS, family, friends, and the fact that God decided I get to keep living another day ... He has seen me though so much... that I have to say.. that if it were not for God I dont' know what I would do.

Sometimes I feel like I should be doing more for him, and maybe I will soon. Maybe I need to go to the peace corp, or to the church and become his worker elf?? lol. There are times when I am pretty sure my next job will be working with God and his son helping others find him and find out what makes America so great.. there has to me nothing as nice as feeling needed, so the peace corp fills my heart from time to time.. The only thing that has stopped me so far is that I have a bit of an issue with blood pressure drops.. and diet.. they can not seem to link the two.. As long as I stay away from sugar and from booze I am okay.. but the holidays seem to lead me down the path of fudge.. lol.. so to speak.. and I ruin my perfect record and then they will no take me cuz my blood pressure goes from HIGH to LOW.. loll Very fast, and I pass out sometimes.. Lol But I am working on this, and a health membership is in my near future, like next week.. so I can get my self back on track to PROVE I am be more than I am.. lol.. Okay fine the tongue and the Mexican wine where a bit much for me.. geesh. No, I do not drink.. I just have an inherit disease with hypertension is all and drops in blood pressure.. I rarely drink.

But tonight I know that I need to do more for others.. and to move on with my life cuz I am headed down a deadend and its pretty darn silly to waste the little time I have left on earth not doing something either very amaziing for me or something for those who really need me...to do something amazing for them.. So, while I will have fun being me I will be focusing on getting to the point where I can really help people now.. Cuz that is what God wants me to do.. so the peace corp will be my focus I hope they like guns..?? .lol..

Deja . . . sed, . . .

" . . . the peace corp will be my focus I hope they like guns..??"

Join the peace corp . . . get posted to the out back of Afgainistan where you can teach school to the Talibands' children and they will probably be Ok with you carrying your guns in the classroom, . . . :unsure:

Deja . . . sed, . . .

" . . . the peace corp will be my focus I hope they like guns..??"

Join the peace corp . . . get posted to the out back of Afgainistan where you can teach school to the Talibands' children and they will probably be Ok with you carrying your guns in the classroom, . . . :unsure:

lol... now that is not what I had in mind.. rotfl... I can teach a gun safety class, how abou that? lol.

Archived