SASS Wire Forum

So. Cal is washing away... anybody seen 4T and Spit Bob?

Los Angeles - A storm pounding California with record rain and heavy snow spawned minor flooding, mudslides, small evacuations and road closures on Monday, but forecasters warned that the bad weather's worst impact may be yet to come.

Virtually the entire state was affected. Rainfall records fell, numerous traffic accidents snarled roads, trees tumbled and even some horse races had to be cancelled. Some locations in Southern California received more than 12 inches of rain. The storm was expected to intensify Tuesday night and Wednesday, with between five and 10 more inches.

We might need to posse up and send out a search party. :blush:

record rain ya say...well we kin always use,

dont hafta water tha lawns, my dogs and horses are squeaky clean

an I'm gettin' no flak 'bout stayin' inside an havin' sum adult beverages, an watchin' football...life iz good ;)

They are calling for "Epic amounts of snow" in some mountain areas of Colorado this week. One place I saw they were talking 3 to 8.....FEET was predicted.

It's that global warming doncha know...

A lot of rain, well for CA I guess.. lol.. But hey, you don't have to shovel it, or chip it off your car doors to get them open is all I can say.. lol

;):P

Rain is our friend.

It fills the lakes, ponds and rivers so our friends, the fish, have a place to eat and sleep/

I like the rain.

What I like is the Sierras have snow, so the water will not be short this year..... now in CA that is a party worth celebrating.. lol

A lot of rain, well for CA I guess.. lol.. But hey, you don't have to shovel it, or chip it off your car doors to get them open is all I can say.. lol

Maybe this will change...Both my girls will be here for Christmas...It could be some real fire works...If anyone has some extra candles, please light them...But you are right, we don't shovel or chip it...Sometimes we just add more sun tan lotion...I have been in colder and warmer places, both had there good points...Just not sure what they were...I guess I'm just stuck where I at...Merry Christmas to all...

Texas Lizard

PS I did see some cowboys float by...Anyone missing somebody...

The Cascades have a dusting of new white. Awesome things, those mountains. We will be drinking

that water next summer. Come on snow.

I am kinda stuck on what to get my friends, the fish, for Christmas. Maybe a worm?

Naaaa, the worm would not like that.

Maybe this will change...Both my girls will be here for Christmas...It could be some real fire works...If anyone has some extra candles, please light them...But you are right, we don't shovel or chip it...Sometimes we just add more sun tan lotion...I have been in colder and warmer places, both had there good points...Just not sure what they were...I guess I'm just stuck where I at...Merry Christmas to all...

Texas Lizard

PS I did see some cowboys float by...Anyone missing somebody...

Hey you!!!! i guess this means you will not be out shooting with us the day after Christmas? lol. Darn it.. when are you going to be out agan.. I have not seen you for a while..

The Cascades have a dusting of new white. Awesome things, those mountains. We will be drinking

that water next summer. Come on snow.

I am kinda stuck on what to get my friends, the fish, for Christmas. Maybe a worm?

Naaaa, the worm would not like that.

WASNIKI??? lol.. The rubber worms of course.. lol

Hey you!!!! i guess this means you will not be out shooting with us the day after Christmas? lol. Darn it.. when are you going to be out agan.. I have not seen you for a while..

Me thinks its going to be a swamp shoot...Bring your hip boots, you just might need them...Me being out there depends on rain and mud...Neither of which work for me...Besides I already had my bath this month...

Texas Lizard

Have a great Christmas and New Year...

Oh the weather outside if frightful,

And the fire is soooooo delightful,

but since I have no place to go,

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

In the mountains of course!

Cascade or Olympics, don't matter.

Here fishy, fishy.

Prayers and dreams for those who are in the dangerous areas in CA. Riverside has a lot of rain, but we are on firm ground here. I hope the predictions are wrong, but they say Wed. will be the worst day. Traffic is bad with the holiday, everyone needs to be careful out here with the rain, don't want to lose anyone! Rat dog hates going outside right now.. she can't run fast enough to dodge the raindrops. I hope it ends sonner than planned.

Me thinks its going to be a swamp shoot...Bring your hip boots, you just might need them...Me being out there depends on rain and mud...Neither of which work for me...Besides I already had my bath this month...

Texas Lizard

Have a great Christmas and New Year...

Hmmm wonder if they will have to cancel? I hope not.. And I wish you could come.. maybe in January... If it were snow we could just get a sleigh, in the rain, even swamp hip boots get stuck in the mud.. lol

Parts of Bakersfield really did get flooded. They were even sand bagging parts of town. Never have seen the river so high and fast (usually it's just dirt!) This video was shot not far from where we live -- give rednecks water and watch us play. Fortunately our neighborhood must be on higher ground.

How can this be just four inches of rain? (mind you that's a lot of rain for a FULL YEAR for us!) Caught a break today, but there's supposed to be more rain on the way tomorrow.

My son is escaping from Marine Corps Base Miramar Wednesday and driving to Santa Ana to catch a flight home. Supposed to be wheels down at SeaTac at 2300 hrs. I hope the rain does not hold him up. We will see.

Badger has fishing fever so bad he was seen with his fly rod casting for slugs floating by his driveway.

My son is escaping from Marine Corps Base Miramar Wednesday and driving to Santa Ana to catch a flight home. Supposed to be wheels down at SeaTac at 2300 hrs. I hope the rain does not hold him up.

I can't believe what I'm hearing. Someone from west of the Cascades worried about RAIN! :FlagAm:

I thought 4T Rod WAS Noah B):P

TF

Is everyone on this wire working towards a black belt in smart ass? ;)

I can't believe what I'm hearing. Someone from west of the Cascades worried about RAIN! :FlagAm:

Is everyone on this wire working towards a black belt in smart ass? B)

You sure that's not a Black'n Blue belt :P:D;)

Cheers,

LG

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195
They are calling for "Epic amounts of snow" in some mountain areas of Colorado this week. One place I saw they were talking 3 to 8.....FEET was predicted.

Mammouth Mtn in sunny California got 13 FEET of snow in 4 days

Crikey! I think I saw a posse of So Cal Saloonatics float by...

uummm yep! dat wuz us :)

in an 8ft row boat just like the one a group of us floated in through the locks at Puget Sound 40 yrs ago

40R iz Noah? now dat der iz funny :FlagAm: but he iz much more handsome than N :FlagAm:

Ms D -- if ya go to the range Sunday--yewl be all by yersef!

shoot cancelled 3 days ago cuz we've got a perpetual mud problem out der

record rain ya say...well we kin always use,

dont hafta water tha lawns, my dogs and horses are squeaky clean

an I'm gettin' no flak 'bout stayin' inside an havin' sum adult beverages, an watchin' football...life iz good :)

didya drink the WORM, Bobb?

Archived