SASS Wire Forum

model gun holster stuffer

Tomboy

Howdy,

Something to stick in the holster to keep its shape. Used to be that model makers made plastic replicas of the Colt SAA (exact). But it appears that this genre has disappeared.

Plastic replica from a kit would be nice as it weighs nothing and wouldn't stretch the belt as it hangs. Also nice if the cost would be around twenty bucks (just guessing).

Anybody know if these things still exist.

Thanks,

T.

Howdy Pard,

Shaddai Vaquero uses a plastic plumbing elbow. I believe they come in a variety of sizes. I got some tennis balls to put in mine after UPS flattened them when I went to Illinois.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Thanks, Allie

Yeah, that would work, but no plastic gun replicas anywhere? I have googled like crazy and come up with nothing. Is this somehow illegal or what? I seem to remember several in the not so long ago past.

Incidentally, I am fully aware of the huge number of Japanese airsoft type guns at $200+, don't need that, got some real ones that shoot just fine, thanks.

-T

Even if you find what your looking for I bet the price will surprise you, and not in a good way.

As Allie said, most people use tennis balls or PVC pipe.

You could try oiling the guns real good, slip them inside plastic bags, them put them in your holsters. They shouldn't rust because most new guns come shipped that way. Then lay your rig out flat, don't hang it up.

Dalton, checked out Rings: no Peacemaker.

Doc, saw all kinds of WWII aircraft at >$20, why would a Colt be more difficult, i.e. more expensive?

The simple fact seems to be that model guns are no longer produced. I just wonder why: government regs?, no market?

Thanks,

T.

I made some for my holsters out of PVC ...

Used 1" PVC I think for the barrel portion .. cut it to length on the table saw.. and then sat it up straight and made a slot off center to allow for the simulated cylinder to slip into...

and 2" PVC I think for the simulated cylinder area....

It's worked good...

I cut some extra PVC 2" circles about a 1/2" in length.. cut them down the middle into C looking thingy's.. and put one on the outside of the simulated cylinder to give it extra thickness on the flared side of the holster portion of them..

you know built them out there a little to help keep the flare plushed out..

Don't ask for pictures.. wife won't let me use the digital camera.. and I wouldn't know how to anyhow :blush:

take the measurements from your barrel and cylinders... go to Menards or Lowes and have a ball...

Good Luck

Rance :blush:

Thinkin' she otta teach how to use the camera :)

fantastic Plastic

I have one of what you are looking for (see above pix) and yer right you probably couldn't afford to buy mine...they are pretty scarce.

Best ya can do is get one of the replicas from Collectors Armory etc. They have a really cool Bat Masterson that is virtually identical...but about $150 too..you can get some as cheap as $40.

good luck

curley

and yup it is all plastic and weighs in at about 4 oz.

fantastic Plastic

I have one of what you are looking for (see above pix) and yer right you probably couldn't afford to buy mine...they are pretty scarce.

Best ya can do is get one of the replicas from Collectors Armory etc. They have a really cool Bat Masterson that is virtually identical...but about $150 too..you can get some as cheap as $40.

good luck

curley

Curley,

Wow, yeah that's it a I remember. It was kit from Revell, Monogram or whatever, right?

-T.

Tomboy this might sound a little goofy but I use maracas works like a charm and doesnt's stretch the barrel portion out too much.

:blush: Sonny to Clemenza:

"I don't want my brother coming out of that toilet with just his maraca in his hand."

Be sure to switch at the loading table.

-T

Curley,

Wow, yeah that's it a I remember. It was kit from Revell, Monogram or whatever, right?

-T.

Possibly Revell, they put out the Colt, an 1851 Navy (which I had and foolishly sold) a blunderbuss and I think a rifle. This is all I have left and it aint goin anywhere

Kids crack up when I hand it to them...

curley

fantastic Plastic

good luck

curley

Had one just like it from late 70's. I also had a. 357, & .44mag that fired plastic bullets. Had the colt until the kids got hold of it.

Archived