SASS Wire Forum

Patriots vs Packers

Wow, did ya see that kickoff return by 313 lb lineman Dan Connolly. First, he seemed resigned to just advance and protect the ball. Then all of a sudden it dawns on him there's an opening and that big guy turned on the steam. Lotta good blocking and good open field running on his part so they didn't catch him for 71 yds and four short of a touchdown. I was rootin for him all the way & wished he'ed made it in.

Its events like this that liven up the normally boring NFL games for me. This one was anything but boring. Sure glad I watched it.

Wow, did ya see that kickoff return by 313 lb lineman Dan Connolly. First, he seemed resigned to just advance and protect the ball. Then all of a sudden it dawns on him there's an opening and that big guy turned on the steam. Lotta good blocking and good open field running on his part so they didn't catch him for 71 yds and four short of a touchdown. I was rootin for him all the way & wished he'ed made it in...

+1

There were some surprised looks on some of those GB guys; I think the concept of 300+ lbs. of defensive lineman moving at high speed was outside of their expectations.......

Gotta love Coach Bill...he insists on every player being able to play at multiple positions...but I'm not sure he expected Connolly to show up as a running back.....

LL

It was a great game and I really appreciate talking heads calling the game that know what the he77 they are talking about.

Now then, we have MNF with a bunch of duffus talking heads. Where is the mute button.

It was a great game and I really appreciate talking heads calling the game that know what the he77 they are talking about.

Now then, we have MNF with a bunch of duffus talking heads. Where is the mute button.

yep, Gruden and Jaworski...torture ;)

Archived