SASS Wire Forum

some people haven't heard

Yuma Devil Dog

We should station all them fellers at Fort DIX, then threaten to send our "gay brigade" to parts around the world for a long time. That should scare the crap out of iran or korea.

At least the barricks will be decorated in a cheery manner :FlagAm:

There is nothing that surprises me by the half wits in government anymore

Hey Dusty, I think maybe some frilly curtains at the window will be homey for some.

The government is scary enough, but the fact that WE THE PEOPLE keep reelecting these idiots is

really scary.

Actually it was broken. I personally know of at least two soldiers who left the Army because they were gay. Both were interrogators. One spoke Arabic, the other Urdu. These were critical positions and both wante to stay in (one was thinking of going career).

Both were good soldiers.

I have also worked with many foreign soldiers from other countries that allowed gay soldiers. Bottom lne. It was no big deal.

Actually it was broken. I personally know of at least two soldiers who left the Army because they were gay. Both were interrogators. One spoke Arabic, the other Urdu. These were critical positions and both wante to stay in (one was thinking of going career).

Both were good soldiers.

I have also worked with many foreign soldiers from other countries that allowed gay soldiers. Bottom lne. It was no big deal.

Spooky is right

I think all of us are 'right' in some aspect...that's all I can say...hey wait!...I already used that line. Well, have nice evenin' then!

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Both were good soldiers.

I'm with Spooky on this one. While I don't approve of the lifestyle, many countries have no problem with gays in their armed forces, including China, France, Germany, Israel, Russia and the United Kingdom. Grethe Cammermeyer, RN, Ph.D, COL, USA Ret, was an excellent nurse, yet somehow she was suddenly 'unfit' when she was found to be gay. I have heartburn with that.

I'm with Spooky on this one. While I don't approve of the lifestyle, many countries have no problem with gays in their armed forces, including China, France, Germany, Israel, Russia and the United Kingdom. Grethe Cammermeyer, RN, Ph.D, COL, USA Ret, was an excellent nurse, yet somehow she was suddenly 'unfit' when she was found to be gay. I have heartburn with that.

well...I understand both sides of the situation amigo. Remember that the countries you listed are very good at what they do, but 1) they aren't the best fighting force in the world and 2) they are not engaged in war in the capacity that we are at this time.

Plus I know that France and Isreal require mandatory service when 18 years of age for a year or two. So maybe gay integration may have had a part in that so there would be a 'no excuse' to not being able to serve in that regard. I don't know, but an interesting thought though.

...and no, I am not discrediting those forces of the other countries...and I am not discrediting gays who serve with valor in our armed forces!!

GG ~ :blush:

This whole situation is ridiculous. It could have been laid to rest by any president, including the last three. There is no need for don't ask, don't tell. If you violate the criminal code you should get prosecuted. This would include sexual harassment, rape, importuning(asking another for sex when you know they would be offended). This would include the problem of homosexuals hitting on straights and the problem of straights hitting(literally) on the homosexuals. Being homosexual is not against the law and is not unconstitutional. If a homosexual does not allow his or her preference to interfere with duty requirements then they should be allowed to serve. Just for the record I am not a homosexual. Neither am I a homophobe. I was a cop for 24 years and knew several officers of both genders that were homosexuals. They served the citizens well and earned the respect of their fellow officers.......................I'll be quiet now.

This whole situation is ridiculous. It could have been laid to rest by any president, including the last three. There is no need for don't ask, don't tell. If you violate the criminal code you should get prosecuted. This would include sexual harassment, rape, importuning(asking another for sex when you know they would be offended). This would include the problem of homosexuals hitting on straights and the problem of straights hitting(literally) on the homosexuals. Being homosexual is not against the law and is not unconstitutional. If a homosexual does not allow his or her preference to interfere with duty requirements then they should be allowed to serve. Just for the record I am not a homosexual. Neither am I a homophobe. I was a cop for 24 years and knew several officers of both genders that were homosexuals. They served the citizens well and earned the respect of their fellow officers.......................I'll be quiet now.

That about sums it up I reckon.. +1 for Jackson Rose!

Don't forget to hand them their "Stress Cards" !

Maybe a coupla buckets of pink paint for their rifles and barracks will make 'em feel good about themselves now..........

As Robin Williams once said " I don't understand this whole camoflauge thing, when you are in the jungle, clash"

I don't hate gays or anything, but this is the worst possible time to change the policy, it's a logistical nightmare, I don't know about the other services, but in the Corps we hardly have enough money to keep up the living facilities, bases, unit funding, etc. now we have to house each Marine individually so as not to violate privacy? I do not feel comfortable having a homosexual roommate (or 2) just as a female would not want male roommates. then you have all the facilities that are squad bays with group showers, and what of boot camp? DADT was the most efficent way of having gays in the military, plain and simple. without it you essentially create a third gender, who cannot live in the same quarters. I have been in long enough to have witnessed first hand what happens when a male and female Marine couple becomes romantically involved and the trouble it causes when the relationships fail. any way you look at it, the repeal was a bad decision made (mostly) by people who have never served and don't know what it is like, also gays are a very small precentage of the armed forces and sometimes you have to do whats best for the whole, even if it is unfair to some. just my take in a nutshell.

I think all of us are 'right' in some aspect...that's all I can say...hey wait!...I already used that line. Well, have nice evenin' then!

:blush: +1 Gunner :)

We should station all them fellers at Fort DIX, then threaten to send our "gay brigade" to parts around the world for a long time. That should scare the crap out of iran or korea.

At least the barricks will be decorated in a cheery manner :blush:

There is nothing that surprises me by the half wits in government anymore

:)

AND wen the term "PUT YA BIG GIRL PANTIES ON"is used bout 1/2 will take it serious :blush:

Archived