SASS Wire Forum

Two Win. 1873,

Pit Bull Tex

Found two win. 1873 with oct- barrels one has 22" and the other has 24" they both are 32-20s, paper work on both as to when they were made and when they were shipped.They both look very good to me.Can you still get 32-20 ammo?

Yes, you can still get 32-20 ammo, dies and everything else. good find

cc

Found two win. 1873 with oct- barrels one has 22" and the other has 24" they both are 32-20s, paper work on both as to when they were made and when they were shipped.They both look very good to me.Can you still get 32-20 ammo?

Yep. You sure can. Btw, you should have the Bowie by Tuesday. Coming Priority Mail.

Thanks Col.. I want to buy some 32-20 ammo. I am going to get Nate to go over them and clean them up and check them out.

Mornin' Pit Bull,

Yes Ten X does load 32.20 cowboy ammo, the bullet is 115gr and runs $37.99 per box of 50 rounds + the shipping. They also provide a reloading service at at greatly reduced price. My brother Jonny T used to load for Ten X. Should you ever get the hankerin' to try reloading yourself I would recommend a Dillon XL 650 loader. I find loadin' my own ammo is a lot of fun, and by loadin' ammo yourself and using you own brass you can reduce the cost to about $5.50 per box of 50 rounds (for the components only). ;)

Roy

Thats what I want down the road, is a 650 but cant do it now. thanks pards

Do not wait until you can afford a 650 to start loading. Buy a nice set of dies, a Lee reloading manual, and a single stage or turret press off the SASS Wire or Ebay and start cranking them out. In the first afternoon, you will load 200 32-20 rounds and saved enough money to pay for your whole setup. It will also show you how qiuckly you could pay for the Dillon. If you are not going to shoot enough to make the single stage set-up pay for itself, then don't need to buy the rifles, unless you are just a collector,

I will load when I can. I shoot every weekend. I shoot at two clubs. I want to load but cant buy the stuff now.

Archived