SASS Wire Forum

Thanks for stopping by

A big thanks to everybody who stopped by our booth at the convention.

Roughshod and I got off to a rocky start when the folks in the front office in... !NEW YORK CITY!...forgot to ship out our sample magazines and give aways. But they responded smartly, and Fed Ex had our stuff in our hands by noon on Thursday.

**Hats off to Karin Levine back in the office and to the fine folks at FedEX for saving our bacon**

We had a pretty good show. We saw lots of old friends and made a few new friends as well.

My personal highlight out in town was visiting the "Pawn Stars" pawn shop, and getting to play with some of the antique guns I saw them buy on the show.

For the folks who attended my shotshell seminars...thanks for coming. You were really great people to be with and I had a lot of fun doing them.

Roughshod and I hope to see you all again next year.

A big thanks to everybody who stopped by our booth at the convention.

Roughshod and I got off to a rocky start when the folks in the front office in... !NEW YORK CITY!...forgot to ship out our sample magazines and give aways. But they responded smartly, and Fed Ex had our stuff in our hands by noon on Thursday.

**Hats off to Karin Levine back in the office and to the fine folks at FedEX for saving our bacon**

We had a pretty good show. We saw lots of old friends and made a few new friends as well.

My personal highlight out in town was visiting the "Pawn Stars" pawn shop, and getting to play with some of the antique guns I saw them buy on the show.

For the folks who attended my shotshell seminars...thanks for coming. You were really great people to be with and I had a lot of fun doing them.

Roughshod and I hope to see you all again next year.

I'm glad everything went right for you. Its one of my goals to visit that pawn shop too. How were their prices?

Got a SASS Convention deal for your pards that missed Lost Wages this year?

Seriously, great mag! Beautiful photography and great subjects.

on the high side

I enjoyed your magazine for the most part, however the article on the Burgess rifle by Dennis Adler was full of misinformation and errors. I emailed your publication and never got a response, since you chose to ignore me, I've chosen to ignore your magazine since then.

Bad Hand,

I'm sorry you had a bad experience.

I don't know what happened to your particular email. In general here's how things work. You email the Harris pubs with a question, or comment and that gets funnelled to the editorial department in New York. Those folks forward the email to the appropriate writer.

All of us are free lancers. We live all over the country, and many of us have other jobs besides writing. As it turns out Denis Addler and I both live in central Pennsylvania.

I try to answer all the email forwarded by the magazine quickly, though that can be a challenge when my day job is busy. I can't speak for anyone else, but I know Denis. He isn't the kind of guy to blow off a comment or question from a reader; even a critical one. So it is possible that it never reached him.

I've got a Burgess article in the oven myself...I'm waiting for some photographs from the Buffalo Bill Historical Center in Cody, WY. My article will revolve around the supposed Colt/Winchester deal to stay out of each other's markets, but I'd like to see your concerns with Denis' article. So feel free to send me a copy of the email.

you can send it to mike.beliveau@hotmail.com

take care,

Mike

Archived