SASS Wire Forum

True Grit

It doesn't officially hit the theaters for a few more days, however a friend of mine who is the movie reviewer for a chain of local newspapers saw it earlier this week, and he says it's a Must See. A far more accurate interpretation of the Portis book by far. Bridges better than Wayne (or that regretable thing with Warren Oates) as Cogburn, stunning cinematography ... the Coen Brothers have outdone themselves.

I'm sure that its a really good movie, and I will see it....but..............ain't nobody better than John Wayne!

Snakebite

(or that regretable thing with Warren Oates) as Cogburn,

I must have missed that one; when was it and was it a made for tv movie?

I must have missed that one; when was it and was it a made for tv movie?

Here ya go.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078422/

I think I saw this, but it did not make any kind of impression, as I do not recall anything I am seeing in the link.

I think Jeff Bridges is going to Rock as "Rooster C" Im taking the kidds opening night. The youngens think the old Westerns I watch are kinda Boring so im in hopes they get in to this Modern version.

Honestly I don't remember a movie I've been a waitin on as much as this un in tha past 10 years!!! If its haf as good as tha orginal one I may do a buck dance in tha town square!

RRR

Don't try to contact me after the 22nd, for I will be in the theater for a few days! :blush:

Ghost

Mae B. Knotte and I saw it opening day. She was not impressed. We came home and watched the original...Matt Damon was better than Glen Campbell, but not by much. No one can beat Strother Martin. Jeff Bridges ain't no Duke. I'll take the original for overall entertainment value anyday.

Fillmore

Great Movie

but

one of the stupid-eeeeeeeeeeeest

endingS

I ever done saw

Mike... that was the ending as Portis wrote it.

Mike... that was the ending as Portis wrote it.

i JUST

THINK that a film wrigther in 101 class

wooda dunn better

mileage varies

most folks leaving the theather, were mumbling, what I said

great movie

but the ending sucked sand from the bottom of the well

or

something like that :lol:

Fannie Kikinshoot, Two Fists, Cayenne 4 Pepper and I saw it tonight.

We went in Cowboy attire.

Guy behind the snack counter asked what movie we were going to see....... :blink: ............."Yogi Bear" I responded.

TRUE GRIT was awesome!!!!

I believe the Duke is Happy.

EXCELLENT MOVIE!!!!!

I WILL possess it when it is available on those plastic circles!!

I finally saw this movie last night. It made me like the original even more. If it is closer to the book, the book must have been a slow read. Bridges was difficult to understand every time he talked, more so than the guy who supposedly just bit his tongue nearly in two. Everything seemed to take place at night, hard to see. Plot moved so slowly I had trouble staying awake and remembering what just happened. None of the characters seemed to make me care if they lived or died. This was not my kind of western. :wacko:

Archived