SASS Wire Forum

Billy the Kid to be pardoned?

Grouchy Spike

Rueter's carried the story about Governor Richardson of New Mexico considering a pardon for BTK.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20101217/od_nm/...mV3bWV4aWNvZ292

See also:

http://www.governor.state.nm.us/btk.php

Richardson is an idiot, he's seeking headlines so he can get elected to something down the road. This is ridiculous! :wacko:

This is a priority in New Mexico these days? :wacko: I thought they had a little trouble with their 'neighbors" to the South? :blush:

BSD

The Governor of Florida is considering a pardon for Jim Morrison (The Doors) for lewd behavior. Apparently, this is a good use of time. Pardons should be for the living who have turned their lives around, or to correct an unjustice. Neither applies here.

Why ruin a legend? As a kid I played as Billy the Kid. As an adult I watched Billy the Kid movies. To many men above their forties looked up to Billy in one form or another. Why ruin that childhood fantasy for an unmemorable blurb in political history. Governor Richardson, do not ruin one of our cowboy hero!

BTW, Billy the Kid was not killed by Pat Garrett. He lived a ripe old age in Texas.

PS. Did anyone of y'all played as Pat Garrett when y'alls were kids?

PS. Did anyone of y'all played as Pat Garrett when y'alls were kids?

Actually, yes I did. When I was in elementary school one of Pat Garrett's granddaughters lived about 1 block away, and she had one of his Colts in a glass box on the fireplace mantel. We all imagined getting to hold it (but we never did).

:FlagAm:

The Governor of Florida is considering a pardon for Jim Morrison (The Doors) for lewd behavior. Apparently, this is a good use of time. Pardons should be for the living who have turned their lives around, or to correct an unjustice. Neither applies here.

Um, you mean Pardoned. It was official last week. I know my life just got that much better knowing that poor old dead Jim no longer has that hanging over his good name :FlagAm: I love how, in the state of our economy, we're waisting tax dollars on this crap.

JEL

Um, you mean Pardoned. It was official last week. I know my life just got that much better knowing that poor old dead Jim no longer has that hanging over his good name :FlagAm: I love how, in the state of our economy, we're waisting tax dollars on this crap.

JEL

That was nothing more than Crist's middle finger at the state of Florida for supporting Rubio instead of him.

Jim Morrison was convicted of exposing himself which he didn't do. He may not have been the greatest person, but he wasn't guilty of the crime -- so his pardon DOES correnct an injustice.

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875

It's probably another of Bill Richardson's great ideas.

When Richardson served as Bill Clinton's first U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. and then as Energy Secretary. It was his great idea to help North Korea with Nuclear development.

See where that has got us!

Howdy, Pard,

Will he or won't he? That is the question. Saw him interviewed on the subject, and he said he has to decide by tomorrow, his last day in office.

He says he'll only pardon him for the crimes that Gov. (General) Lew Wallace renigged on, not for killing the "lawmen" who allegedly killed his boss. Hmmm... Ya reckon a pardon will remove the bullets from his dessicated carcass, and restore him to life? :FlagAm:

Ah, well...

Happy New Year, y'all! Godspeed to those still in harm's way in the defense of Freedom everywhere! God Bless America!

Your Pard,

Sure did surprise me. All that hype, all that money spent. Another reason it's called "Criminal Justice System"!

Billy the Kid was NOT pardoned by the Governor.

Sorry, Kid! Guess you're just gonna have to lie there unpardoned for the rest of Eternity! Still not sure what would have happened if Gov. Bill had pardoned you. Were you gonna wait until Halloween to jump up? :D

Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year to all! Godspeed to those still in harm's way in the defense of Freedom everywhere! God Bless America!

Your Pard,

Why would anybody give a partial pardon to a guy that's been dead for years (even if he wasn't killed in NM and lived out his life in Texas which I don't believe he did)? Obvious PR gimmicks like this are irritiating.

It's probably another of Bill Richardson's great ideas.

When Richardson served as Bill Clinton's first U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. and then as Energy Secretary. It was his great idea to help North Korea with Nuclear development.

See where that has got us!

Is that why Richardson just went over to North Korea again??? What's up with this guy? :FlagAm:

Here's the Governor's written statement. While I don't support the man I do note he is very capable of communicating with rogues and tyrants. It's useful to have someone with that skill set around.

I know lets pardon Bonny& Clyde here in Texas -Opps

they never went to jail did they :unsure::FlagAm:

Well said!

Whether or not Gov. Wallace promised Billy the Kid a pardon is irrelevant, just as this whole exercise by Gov. Richardson has been. It was nothing but a cheap publicity stunt and flys in the face of history proving nothing.

~:Wylie:~

Just read this mornin that Richardson decided NOT to pardon Billy. Great news our favorite outlaw is still an outlaw! :unsure:

Archived