Guest diablo slim shootist

any one have any experience using Promo in

Remington hulls -would like a load like Win feather

lite loads -i dont see anything close on the Alliant

web site-if you have got one please PM me with the

recipe-Help ,wheres Curly Cole when i need him? :blush:

anyone else using promo for shot shells? :wacko:

Promo is nothing more than a cheap powder, formulated and blended to mirror the performance of Red Dot. It can be used as a substitute for Red Dot. It will not duplicate Featherlite performance.

If you want further information, you are welcome to PM me.

RBK

There is no duplication of the Win. Featherlite load with Promo but any of these loads under 7,000 PSI will give you a nice light cowboy load that will still break a clay bird on the trap line.

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/pow...22&gauge=12

i thank all who replied to this post i needed this info

before i spend $85 on 8# of this powder hope it works

good by all indications it should :)

I have used it for about a 9 months strictly in my shotgun reloading, went to it because of cost. It shoots very dirty for me, and I tried many different loadings and ended up on a 7/8oz load that was running pretty fast for CAS work. I just bought a 8lb. can of Clay Dot by Alliant and am much happier with it's performance, shoots cleaner and softer. YMMV but that is my experience with Promo.

I have used it for about a 9 months strictly in my shotgun reloading, went to it because of cost. It shoots very dirty for me, and I tried many different loadings and ended up on a 7/8oz load that was running pretty fast for CAS work. I just bought a 8lb. can of Clay Dot by Alliant and am much happier with it's performance, shoots cleaner and softer. YMMV but that is my experience with Promo.
thanks for the incite Deuce! :)

I just bought a 8lb. can of Clay Dot by Alliant and am much happier with it's performance, shoots cleaner and softer. YMMV but that is my experience with Promo.

Ditto for this finding. Very pleased with Clay Dot after using it almost two years. Even more so than I was with Clays, which is generally a great powder, but don't shoot it light at cold temps. Clay Dot seems more capable of handling temperature extremes even in light loads.

Good luck, GJ

Use Promo In .38,.45 and 12 with great sucess ,,,,,,,,,,,,, But Light loads aren't what I do .....

I find it to be extreemely Clean burning in all instances ....

Jabez Cowboy

Use Promo In .38,.45 and 12 with great sucess ,,,,,,,,,,,,, But Light loads aren't what I do .....

I find it to be extreemely Clean burning in all instances ....

Jabez Cowboy

My experience with it was using 12ga. loads at the top of the load chart. Still was nasty, so much so that it gunked up the action on my SxS and 97's. As always many folks experience will vary. decide for yourself.

Archived