SASS Wire Forum

45 colt, 44 mag or 44-40

Buckhorn Woodie

Just cause I started it, No I dont need any of your fine trades.

The 44 marlin is a pre safety 44 mag carbine with a rusty marlin action job,

tang sight with the adjuster on the left not the right as 99 percent are

and the receiver went back to marlin to have the sn restamped on the body

in case the number on the tang was damaged in any way.

$775 plus about $$30 for shippin.

I set this marlin up way before I stumbled onto my 44wcf.

I think thet price is about what I have in it.

Best

CR

I say same as the last post. Get a 45 Colt rifle, then use the same bullet for the 45 ACP, 200 gr RNFP. Shoots good in 1911 or your rifle.

My experience that 200 gr. RNFP feeds and shoots fine from my 1943 Remington manu. 1911, my AWA Lightning and my Marlin. YMMV.

Just cause I started it, No I dont need any of your fine trades.

The 44 marlin is a pre safety 44 mag carbine with a rusty marlin action job,

tang sight with the adjuster on the left not the right as 99 percent are

and the receiver went back to marlin to have the sn restamped on the body

in case the number on the tang was damaged in any way.

$775 plus about $$30 for shippin.

I set this marlin up way before I stumbled onto my 44wcf.

I think thet price is about what I have in it.

Best

CR

Your rifle sounds like a fine gun that I would love to own....but as I figured when you first mentioned it that it would not fit into my budget...

Cartridges in '92s "flip up" and stovepipe because the cartridge guides aren't properly fit to the gun. When the cartridge guides fit, you can run a '92 as fast as you can run the lever, regardless of caliber.

I just don't recommend .45 Colt in rifles because there just dirty to shot. Lots of cleaning. Understand, I have 4 Henry and one '73, all chambered in .45 Colt and all modified to shoot .45 CS cases. They are a ball to play with. Just dirty.

Coffinmaker

Well I don't mind lots of cleaning...cleaning supplys is one thing I do have a good stock of. ;)

Well I don't mind lots of cleaning...cleaning supplys is one thing I do have a good stock of. ;)

You obviously have never taken a '92 apart. :lol:

NKJ once suggested the easiest way to clean a '92 action is to take the buttstock off, hang it by the muzzle, and spray the innards with brake cleaner (non-chlorine). Haven't tried this myself.

You obviously have never taken a '92 apart. ;)

NKJ once suggested the easiest way to clean a '92 action is to take the buttstock off, hang it by the muzzle, and spray the innards with brake cleaner (non-chlorine). Haven't tried this myself.

Well your right I have not taken a 92 apart....But if it has nuts, bolts screw, springs and such I should be able to do a fair country job of it.....I am not to bad at taking things apart and putting them back together....with never more then 1 or 2 parts left over :lol:

Cartridges in '92s "flip up" and stovepipe because the cartridge guides aren't properly fit to the gun. When the cartridge guides fit, you can run a '92 as fast as you can run the lever, regardless of caliber.

Well thanks, learn something every day. I guess Winchester took the time to fit the guides properly.

Archived