SASS Wire Forum

"Toys" at the SASS convention?

Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439

I tried to go back a couple of "screens" but didn't see anyone come back with the scoop about the vendors at the Convention and what they had. If I am "out of line" in asking what was at the convention for sales that might have been new or not known by the rest of us who couldn't go then let me know, otherwise I would love to know what was there, being marketed or exhibited. If this has already been touched on, forgive me and point me to the thread please. Thanks.

Ruger, Taylors & Co., Cimmeron, EMF and Pieatta for guns. 3 or 4 leather companies. Clothing vendors out the ying yang. Even had clothes to fit the larger yella, ME. Some jewellery. Steel targets, coffee vendor, hats, gun smiths-Cowboys & Indians, Cody Connagher, Jimmy Spurs. Oh, don't let me forget the bartender from the Riv as well as food. IOC watches, Earthwalker Boots, Magazines and goodness I can not remember the rest. There was no Vendor listing in the Convention booklet. I guess I did forget SASS in the middle of the floor. Elrod, the lightning mechanic, was giving classes. The proud grandparents of Holy Terror were working several booths.

Wes Fargo was suspossed to be there but he had to have surgery on his good leg

ALL RIGHT WHO DID I FORGET !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Nimble,

Maybe I can add some detail to Shenny's list. :)

Wild West Merchantile had a huge display of men's and women's clothing, shoes, and hats.

Two ladies (Butterfly Frillies and Laced) had corsets among other things.

River Crossing has quality custom leather clothing (men's and women's), hats, (got me a new hat) and wigs.

Bar the Door Katy was there with ladies wigs, hats and clothes.

D-Bar-J was there with lots of great hats.

Lady Fluer had wigs, hats, jewelry...

Mernicle was one of the leather companies. Their stuff is spectacular!

Winter Range had a booth.

Well, that's all I remember at the moment.

Regards,

Allie Mo

So sorry!

How could I forget to list Lady Tombstone and her delightfully Deranged Designs. She makes jewelery out of silver plated bullet splats. Very clever. I got a pair called the Perfecto Vaquera that were named after Shaddi's wife who helped design them.

Regards,

Allie Mo

I understand it is SASS's show but there never has been and probably never will be a list of vendors that participated in the convention. It is a shame since without them there it would be a very small convention. I asked them once why there could not be a listing of vendors that were attending and any products or services they would be providing. Wasn't going to happen.

Some folks need a little more prodding to get up their interest.

Russ

perhaps

vendors cancel, and others show up at the last minute

geeeese

I would not go

or

not go

just due to the vendor list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Redwing had the best product of the show. He introduced the Only 100% AMERICAN MADE 1873 Rifle. This Rifle should be ready by EOT. Ruger also said they had a couple new surprizes due out soon. Thanks Misty Moonshine for taking care of the ladies...

Ya'll forgot about the Bell of the ball or at least for Outlaw Women La Bandita had some of the finnest corsets I have ever seen. May I say At a great price.... We walked through the Cowboy Christmas next door and she could not take a step without talking to a vendor....

Also Long Jim and counter partners raised over $ 2,000.00 for the New Church House at Founders Ranch.

Redwing had the best product of the show. He introduced the Only 100% AMERICAN MADE 1873 Rifle. This Rifle should be ready by EOT. Ruger also said they had a couple new surprizes due out soon. Thanks Misty Moonshine for taking care of the ladies...

Ya'll forgot about the Bell of the ball or at least for Outlaw Women La Bandita had some of the finnest corsets I have ever seen. May I say At a great price.... We walked through the Cowboy Christmas next door and she could not take a step without talking to a vendor....

Also Long Jim and counter partners raised over $ 2,000.00 for the New Church House at Founders Ranch.

Tell us more about the US made 73.

Just gotta say, Redwing is one of the nicest folks around!

LaBandida is as charming as she is cute!

We've got vendors who are "real people!" Seeing them makes the Convention so much more fun. The vendors become our friends over the years.

Regards,

Allie "how could I forget..." Mo

• 2 weeks later...
So sorry!

How could I forget to list Lady Tombstone and her delightfully Deranged Designs. She makes jewelery out of silver plated bullet splats. Very clever. I got a pair called the Perfecto Vaquera that were named after Shaddi's wife who helped design them.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Thanks Allie! Enjoyed seeing you at the convention, and so glad you like your "Perfecto!" earrings.

A small correction to your post though...my Bullet Splat™ Jewelry is not "silver plated bullet splats." Rather, each piece is handmade of pure silver (.999)...guaranteed to be 100% Lead Free! :blush:

And, if the world gets really crazy(-ier)...you can buy a loaf of bread with those earrings! Think of 'em as Bullet Splat Currency! :lol:

The secert is deeply protected by many generations of alchemist but she does not shoot silver bullets. There is something about full moons, dancing Widershins around a fire, and that dang WidderMaker hat.

I have always gone to bed before the festivities begain :lol:

Howdy,

Nope he be tellin the truth, they are manufacturing everything but the barrel last time I talked with Redwing, can't wait to see and handle one.

KK

GCK, I'd be bettin' ole Bone is funnin' with us.

Very interesting there, Lady T. So do you load up some silver bullets Lone Ranger style, shoot 'em and recover them or what? Just what IS the process? Inquiring minds want to know.

When Sour Kraut and I were admiring the Bullet Splats, Lady Ts hubby told us they took real bullets recovered from the range and made molds out of them. Then they used the molds to cast the jewelry in pure silver. VERY nice stuff they had on display. Even had a tie tack and cuff links.

Bullet Splat Jewelry

So sorry!

Regards,

Allie Mo

She plays a pretty good game of billyards. Whopped me right after TBone did his best. This was Friday night at the Queen Victoria Pub

Shenny

GCK, I'd be bettin' ole Bone is funnin' with us.

Nope, TBone weren't funnin' ya'. They really did have an empty, no internals, on display. I did not really ask about it but please correct me if I am wrong, it looked like SS. Maybe I had been in the reception area toooo long about then.

shenny

Hi Lady T,

So sorry! You probably told me that at the Open and I forgot... <_<

Wow! That is really B)

:huh:

Allie Mo

Allie Mo,

No problem at all! and thanks so much for mentioning me! I just thought I should clarify what they are made of since it is easily misunderstood.

Many folks think they are plated at first...until I explain that they are in fact pure silver. And many don't know or understand that sterling silver is 92.5% silver and pure silver is 99.9% silver. Pure silver is softer than sterling since it doesn't have the alloys in it, but it also doesn't tarnish like silver does...when pure silver does tarnish (and it take a good while for that to happen), it takes on a pretty, soft gold patina instead of the typical blackish tarnish that sterling acquires. It's also lighter weight than sterling, so earrings that LOOK like they'd be too heavy to wear, are usually much lighter than you'd think.

With my Bullet Splat™ Jewelry being such a unique and unusual item, it's easy to have misconceptions about it. ;)

And YOURS have the gorgeous 8mm CZs set in the centers...very striking! You will dazzle the masses while wearing them on New Years Eve! :D

Archived