SASS Wire Forum

Award Belt Buckles on SG & Gun Belts

Blastmaster

I guess we need one buckel that says "I will brang the bucket-o-buckles next time!". I'm proud of all my bucklles, Tandy charged me dearly fer the fancy ones. Another truth in the real world is that big buckles are a mite uncomfortable fer some of us fat boys! Merry Christmas and best wishes to you all from down deep in midlle Georgia.

I don't think most folks that wear buckles wear them to "impress" others.

I have 5 buckets I have "won"....4 of them I got because I was the only one in my category or everyone at the shoot got a buckle.

The only one I wear is the 2nd place one I got for the Tin Star Resurrection match last year. It looks good, not too gaudy.... and I feel good about the fact that I actually won 2nd place when there were 5 in my category.

I know that is nothing, a joke, to most but to me it meant I actually shot better than 3 other ladies in my category. I shot well that day and earned that silly buckle. I wear it to remind myself that I can shoot faster and get better.

I know it doesn't impress anyone but that's not why I wear it.

Come to think of it... my students are pretty darned impressed that their computer teacher shoots guns at all much less has won a buckle for it. 1st -4th graders :->

They love it when I wear my red cowgirl boots to school too.

None of the buckles impress me unless I know the person that is wearing it. I have never let any award give me information about a person. Let me back up and say that while in the Army with the 4th ID I was in the presence of a MOH recipient and had great pride that I had a chance to meet him. I might approach this game of ours from a different level than most. I only compete against myself and could care less what some else does. I am happy for those that are in the game and win but there are so many other pleasures one can receive by just being at a shoot. I won my first buckle this year. I have won badges and plaques and other trophies but this was my first buckle. It holds up my shotgun belt and that is it's job, it is not meant to show off or impress. In fact I would be happy if all SASS members had a buckle.

I'm impressed by pretty much any buckle that says "Champion". After being in this game for two short years, I already realize how much work goes into earning one of those.

Which one do I want? Nevada State Champion Duelist.

**SARCASM** Because we all know if you're not a Duelist you're just a limp wristed pansy. <_< **SARCASM**

Anytime I see someone with a trophy buckle I just say "good for them". They earned it. As far as which impresses most it's hard to say. Somebody might have put on a great show at a small, tough, event and really earned top honors. You never know.

And I ain't never seen a buckle that was too gaudy. <_<

Wear 'em with pride Pards.

+1 for what Phantom said <_<

You are such a wise man! :huh:

Yep, +2

Archived