SASS Wire Forum

How to make the SASS wire

Capt. Morgan Rum, SASS #6859

I beg to disagree......... I will pay more attention (in most circumstances) to an educated opinion, and in the case of written statement or reply one that is not misspelled.

Any body can spell a word the same way every time, it takes talent to develop creative spelling.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I beg to disagree......... I will pay more attention (in most circumstances) to an educated opinion, and in the case of written statement or reply one that is not misspelled.

Grammer is important too...that said, some of the brightest and wisest folks that I've ever been exposed to, are not the best spellers in the world.

YMMV...

:)

Grammer is important too...that said, some of the brightest and wisest folks that I've ever been exposed to, are not the best spellers in the world.

YMMV...

Eye agrie. hav ye ever watched won a dem spellin contest ona TeeVee? Boooooooorrrrrrring!

Who wonts ta bee around won of dem 'nose it all' kinda folk.

..........Widder (Walkin ina WidderWonder Land)

Sorry Brother, I do believe that I have been personally insulted and many times. Just recently a thread evolved into an Allie-bashing festival. It went poof. I have no difficulty with insults directed at me as I do not respect people who behave like that and the individuals involved treat others that way. I guess it makes them feel important to belittle others. I think it makes them look immature and lacking in debating skills with their reliance on ad hominem tactics.

Regards,

Allie Mo

I came to your defense on one of 'em NoE-D ---you're one of the sweetest gals I know!

This whole thing has been hashed-out many times before. Brash & insulting are out. When I first started posting in late 90s, some ol' timers were tough on me, too. I stayed away from 'em, but some seemed to chase me around :) I've had a few PMs the last couple years telling me to keep my opinion to myself---which doesn't work! One has to decide how much importance they will personally attach to the comments they read.

Is a 'hominem' something like an M & M except its more appropriate for the Holiday Seasons?

..........Widder

HO! HO! HO!

(with no slight, insult or harm intended or implied to any inner city racial group, religion, body type, gender or profession)

NOTHING that is said on the Wire is earth shaking, mind blowing...

Noz, I can only assume that you have not been reading ANYTHING I write because I'm sure you know that EVERYTHING coming from me is both earth shaking AND mind blowing. :)

And just so I stay politically correct, that is my opinion and you are entitled to the same opinion. Did that come out right? :P

Yea...but what about the PIGS!!!!

WE CAN'T FORGET ABOUT THE PIGS!!!!!!!

Which begs the question: Is a pig really happier in slop?

I think it's certain that the pigs are happy that you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Heeee Haaa.. If everybody got along in peace and harmony on the wire ,It would lose its entertainment value.. :) Its winter here in Michigan, I look forward to cowboy's pissin and monin on the wire.. :lol: I love it when they git down to name callin.. :P

Heee Haaa Crazy Mingo :FlagAm::FlagAm::D

Then there are the "Others"... a small group of rude, argumentative, insulting and sarcastic individuals, who never seem to offer anything positive. I could do without them. I think that most members know who they are.

Yankees?

Yankees?

:FlagAm::):P:D:FlagAm::lol:

I came to your defense on one of 'em NoE-D ---you're one of the sweetest gals I know!

This whole thing has been hashed-out many times before. Brash & insulting are out. When I first started posting in late 90s, some ol' timers were tough on me, too. I stayed away from 'em, but some seemed to chase me around :P I've had a few PMs the last couple years telling me to keep my opinion to myself---which doesn't work! One has to decide how much importance they will personally attach to the comments they read.

Hi CC,

Thank you!

I am totally shocked that someone told you that. Your posts are always so nice. Just let me at 'em! :)

BTW some of the PMs I've had really made me laugh.

Regards,

Allie "silly little airhead snot" Mo :D

Ms Allie edit out that name pleeeze--- it ain't worth repeetin :blush:

Bro King --- that's HO! HO! HO! VARMITS!!

I have no difficulty with insults directed at me as I do not respect people who behave like that .... I think it makes them look immature ....

Regards,

Allie Mo

Well said Miss Allie. In regards to your other post, I have no doubt you are as nice in person as you are on The Wire. One look at your image and one can see the genuineness in your smile.

The way you comport yourself when faced with some of the comments I've seen hereabouts reminds me of my Aunt Kathleen. She was a very proper Southern lady from Tennessee. Very even-tempered, rarely swore, but you knew when she was really mad at someone. Her eyes would narrow, her lips would compress, and you could almost see the steam coming from her nostrils. Then she would speak her most cutting line: "They're just so common".

Well said Miss Allie. In regards to your other post, I have no doubt you are as nice in person as you are on The Wire. One look at your image and one can see the genuineness in your smile.

The way you comport yourself when faced with some of the comments I've seen hereabouts reminds me of my Aunt Kathleen. She was a very proper Southern lady from Tennessee. Very even-tempered, rarely swore, but you knew when she was really mad at someone. Her eyes would narrow, her lips would compress, and you could almost see the steam coming from her nostrils. Then she would speak her most cutting line: "They're just so common".

Your wonderful Aunt sounds like she would appreciate me. Nothin would horrify me more than to find out I was a common a$$. A unique a$$, that there is what I am shootin fur!

Yeah, but as ornery as you are, if you weren't so darn cute, we'd have run you off long ago. :blush:

Well my Daddy used to call me "hard headed" but I don't think anyone has ever called me ornery.

Caliope Cupcake and Allie Mo...

Ladies....

I must tell you...

You have made me feel much better. For the most part folks have been VERY nice to me here on the Wire. If they weren't I wouldn't come back. I wouldn't spend part of my lunch break reading the Wire....

But SOME have been down right mean.... and I went back to read what I had said that could have possibly angered anyone because that was not my intention...

I do sometimes vent here but it's never mean spirited. In one case it was just me being silly and playful like I have seen others do. Someone took it to mean I was putting down their club. That was not my intention at all.

If folks have also been mean to the two of you...

well then.....

maybe some folks are just looking to stir up trouble where there is none

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875
Rule #6 - Never type anything you wouldn't be willing (or have the guts) to say to someone's face.

Some people think the relative anonymity of the internet and an alias gives them license to be rude. No it doesn't.

+1

It happens in PMs as well.

:blush:

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875
The Wire is part of the game.

..........Widder Clause (Walkin in a WidderWonder Land)

Now don't be jumping all over me Widder because I'm just asking, do you really think that that's true that "The Wire is part of the game."

Am I taking you out of context because I just don't see that at all. Can you explain more about how you see that that's so?

Now don't be jumping all over me Widder because I'm just asking, do you really think that that's true that "The Wire is part of the game."

Am I taking you out of context because I just don't see that at all. Can you explain more about how you see that that's so?

:wacko:

Greetings PC. Glad you ask and I'll be glad to answer 'from my view'.

My thoughts centered around two concepts.

The first one is that when we shoot a match, most scenerios are setup for Good guy/Bad guy. We, the shooters, are the good guys and the steel plates are those bad guys.

All this came from those B-Westerns we use to watch on Saturday mornings.

WELL, because our Cowboy 'shooting' world is usually established in the Good guy/Bad guy setups, its only natural for some of us to be purtrade (sp) as 'Good guy/Bad guy' on the Wire.

Some of us not only play Good guy/Bad guy, but some have judged others as either being Good guy/Bad guy on this forum.

I myself have been credited with being a 'Good guy' but on a couple occations, I've been considered a Bad Guy just because my opinion didn't agree with someone who had a VERY STRONG OPINION on the topic being discussed.

And if you really try to learn the personalities of some folks on the Wire, you will know that on some instances, some of our fellow Wire Pards are doing a good job stirring the pot. But those same 'pot stirrers' are probably some of the best folks walkin this Earth.

And you also have to consider that some folks aren't trying to stir the pot but rather interject 'their honest' opinions but yet have a difficult time doing it in the English lingo.

And some will throw us a curve ball and some of us are sooooooo eager to take the swing.

In essence, they are playing the part of Good Guy/Bad Guy on the Wire.

Well anyhow, this was my thinkin on it.....right or wrong; Good or Bad.

Merry Christmas

..........Widder

Caliope Cupcake and Allie Mo...

Ladies....

I must tell you...

You have made me feel much better. For the most part folks have been VERY nice to me here on the Wire. If they weren't I wouldn't come back. I wouldn't spend part of my lunch break reading the Wire....

But SOME have been down right mean.... and I went back to read what I had said that could have possibly angered anyone because that was not my intention...

I do sometimes vent here but it's never mean spirited. In one case it was just me being silly and playful like I have seen others do. Someone took it to mean I was putting down their club. That was not my intention at all.

If folks have also been mean to the two of you...

well then.....

maybe some folks are just looking to stir up trouble where there is none

Lady, like with Cupcake, I cannot imagine anyone slamming you as you are so undeserving of that behavior. What a cad! Dear Wire sister, I hope to meet you someday and we can share some giggles.

As for myself, I do get involved in discussions where tempers tend to flare. :wacko:

Paniolo, I do believe the Wire is an extension of SASS. We discuss and cuss all aspects of the game here. I'd rather see the "cussing" on line than face-to-face. Also, everywhere I go, I've met folks I know from the Wire. Most have been so kind to me that I felt at home even when I was far from home. OMG, the Lakewood Marshals in Cisne, IL were terrific as were the folks at the U.S.Open in Sparta, IL. I know that you have friends you met on the Wire too. I know that I've gotten to know you better from your posts.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Sorry Capt.,

Recent events must have gotten to me...I did not contribute something positive. So, here goes.

Rule No. 16 Please do not use ad hominem tactics, which are attacking an opponent's character rather than answering his argument.

Regards,

Allie Mo

An ad hominem is an attempt to link the validity of a premise to a characteristic or belief of the person advocating the premise.

LOL........

Guest diablo slim shootist
Greetings PC. Glad you ask and I'll be glad to answer 'from my view'.

My thoughts centered around two concepts.

The first one is that when we shoot a match, most scenerios are setup for Good guy/Bad guy. We, the shooters, are the good guys and the steel plates are those bad guys.

All this came from those B-Westerns we use to watch on Saturday mornings.

WELL, because our Cowboy 'shooting' world is usually established in the Good guy/Bad guy setups, its only natural for some of us to be purtrade (sp) as 'Good guy/Bad guy' on the Wire.

Some of us not only play Good guy/Bad guy, but some have judged others as either being Good guy/Bad guy on this forum.

I myself have been credited with being a 'Good guy' but on a couple occations, I've been considered a Bad Guy just because my opinion didn't agree with someone who had a VERY STRONG OPINION on the topic being discussed.

And if you really try to learn the personalities of some folks on the Wire, you will know that on some instances, some of our fellow Wire Pards are doing a good job stirring the pot. But those same 'pot stirrers' are probably some of the best folks walkin this Earth.

And you also have to consider that some folks aren't trying to stir the pot but rather interject 'their honest' opinions but yet have a difficult time doing it in the English lingo.

And some will throw us a curve ball and some of us are sooooooo eager to take the swing.

In essence, they are playing the part of Good Guy/Bad Guy on the Wire.

Well anyhow, this was my thinkin on it.....right or wrong; Good or Bad.

Merry Christmas

..........Widder

+1 well said :wacko:

Or long fingernails... :wacko::blush:

I CAN HEEAARRR YOU

kind words C Lady tnx

An ad hominem is an attempt to link the validity of a premise to a characteristic or belief of the person advocating the premise.

LOL........

Hi Billy,

We don't see much of that side of the ad hominem "coin" on the Wire. :wacko::blush:

I have seen it a lot in politics recently though. :blush:

Regards,

Allie Mo

If all you women would get back to what you supposed to be doing and leave this area for the men we would be better off....That means doing the cleaning house and putting on the diner...There is a place for you...

Now this should cause some fur to fly...

Texas Lizard

If all you women would get back to what you supposed to be doing and leave this area for the men we would be better off....That means doing the cleaning house and putting on the diner...There is a place for you...

Now this should cause some fur to fly...

Texas Lizard

Ahhhhhh, Texas Lizard, you been hangin around the bunk house and Hop Sing toooo long. These Lady's in SASS are much tooooo fine to be stuck in the kitchen.

They need to be pampered, taken out to a nice resturant and treated like royalty.

You'll soon discover the fragrance of an ole Texas cowboy ain't exactly favorable when you compare it to 'Heavenly Perfume'.

Ahhhhhh, Texas Lizard, you been hangin around the bunk house and Hop Sing toooo long. These Lady's in SASS are much tooooo fine to be stuck in the kitchen.

They need to be pampered, taken out to a nice resturant and treated like royalty.

You'll soon discover the fragrance of an ole Texas cowboy ain't exactly favorable when you compare it to 'Heavenly Perfume'.

True, but I like to stir the pot to see the replies...My wife works and I take care the house, about 80% of it...Got leave her some to make her feel good...Did I say that...

Texas Lizard

I do not often post on the Wire. This topic though, calls to me. So many wise observations about human nature on the "mysterious and anonymous nature" of the internet. People write things they would not dare to say face to face on the internet. Not limited to the Wire, but visit any forum of this nature and there are the strident panderings of the know it alls and the mega-Mensa wannabes. To keep harmonious air on he Wire. I follow a two part rule, Post nothing that I would not voice face to face and if I have a serious problem with a post, I privately ask a poster for clarification of their post. Secondly, I believe in treating others with dignity and respect and the basic foundation that the ability to agree to disagree is a powerful base to build understanding on.

Archived