SASS Wire Forum

GULF SHORES, Al.

Lead Poison Lar, SASS # 29028

Thinking about wintering in this area in a couple of years and wondering if there are any clubs within 1 hour driving distance. Also any one spent any time in this area. Thinking about camping in motor home in this area, would like some feedback on this area. Thanks, Lead Poison Lar

Check out the Panhandle Cowboys in Pensacola. They shoot the second Sunday I believe. I get down to Ono Island at Orange Beach, Al. every now and then and hope to make it over there for a match. Just have to remember to bring the guns along with the golf clubs!!!! I'll send you a pm on the area soon!

Colt

There is a campground under the ICW bridge on the water. I haven't been there in a few years. It was a pretty nice place to stay, but. The last time I was there it was full of FEMA trailers and had gotten kind of trashy. Surely all the FEMA folks have moved on. It is worth taking a look. I heard he had changed management and was cleaning it back up.

We go down there 3 or 4 times a year. The beachs are beautiful and there's lots of things to occupy your time.

The Annual Shrimp Festival is a must do in October and the Interstate Mullet Toss at Flora-Bama is a hoot.

There's about 3 RV parks that I've seen and probably more I haven't (don't RV). Check out the State Park also.

Coyote Kid

When you start wintering there, plan on attending the state match, Ambush, at the North Alabama Regulators the first weekend in October. It's probably 6 hours north, but you'll have a great time. We'll treat you so good you won't want to go home. :rolleyes:

Here's you a link to the Panhandle Cowboys in Pensacola, FL.

And The North Alabama Regulators.

When you start wintering there, plan on attending the state match, Ambush, at the North Alabama Regulators the first weekend in October. It's probably 6 hours north, but you'll have a great time. We'll treat you so good you won't want to go home. :rolleyes:

Here's you a link to the Panhandle Cowboys in Pensacola, FL.

And The North Alabama Regulators.

And if you contact Uncle Frank in time you might be able to get a RV spot at the shoot. If not there are 2 more RV parks within about 10 minutes.

Archived