SASS Wire Forum

Non SASS question, any one familiar with a Stevens 520

Deuce Stevens SASS#55996

Picked up a Stevens 520 today, 12ga. 30" barrel. Anyone have one or shoot one. It's in pretty nice condition and what what I can see was made in 1907. Blue Book says that it's a John Browning design. Runs dummies thourgh the action really well. Plan on shooting it with some light 12ga. stuff and using it for our unofficial Wild Bunch shoot that we have and maybe on some pheasants. Anyone have anything to add.

Looks cool can't wait to see it. Lets chop it to 20" before you find out how much it's worth.

your saw or mine? I don't know this one kinda speaks to me(yeah I know). It's kind of a cool looking shotgun. The barrel and receiver both have the letter "I" with a circle around it. I don't think it's worth too much. course I don't have that much into it either.

:rolleyes: Before you do any modifyling or chopping.... check out the collector's value. I purchase several of these as State Police Trade-ins back in the 70's. The Goverment gave them to state agencies as surplus.....

Cool gun Deuce. It is a Browning design, a pump version of the A5. Worth anywhere from $175 to $750.

Some were stamped "Ranger" and sold by Sears.

The 20" versions came in two flavors: Riot and Trench. Plain barreled Riot was for law enforcement, Trench (with metal guard & bayonet lug) for the military. Seem 'em for $1,300 - $3,000.

I have a Stevens 520-30 riot gun just like this:PICTURE

Unfortunately, somewhere along the way, the US and flaming bomb markings were ground off. Then they engraved the sides of the receiver with some scrollwork and someone's initials. So, they turned a $1000 shotgun into a $150 shotgun.

It's in good shape and works great. Smoothest pump I have, slam fires too. I like how the barrel comes off.

I plan to use it for WB where allowed.

Archived