SASS Wire Forum

What Chronicle is this?

Al OVERA, SASS#26238 Life

I don't like to be the one to bash anothers doings, BUT, I (personally) feel that the article (to be ongoing, at thatl) on the restoration of a vintage Airstream Travel trailer is in the WRONG publication. There is Trailer Life for that, NOT the COWBOY Chronicle. Let's stick to what the original idea was. Next we'll have articles on the restoration of an old who knows what.. WAAAAAAY off topic.

The above is MY Opinion. Got nuttin' personal against the Vicar.

Merry CHRISTmas to all.

Al

When I saw the title to this post, I assumed it would be about the letter from J. P. Lower, SASS #18563, in the December issue, entitled "Real Cowboys Shoot Duelist". I have been amused awaiting the first, and many anticipated subsequent, howls about the sentiment expressed in that letter. I can't tell if the letter is ALL tongue-in-cheek, but, either way, it speaks some truths about the game, no pun intended.

Not intending to hijack the thread. And, actually, the letter does deserve it's own thread.

Flame suit: ON :rolleyes:

Ornery Cuss

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I saw the title to this post, I assumed it would be about the letter from J. P. Lower, SASS #18563, in the December issue, entitled "Real Cowboys Shoot Duelist". I have been amused awaiting the first, and many anticipated subsequent, howls about the sentiment expressed in that letter. I can't tell if the letter is ALL tongue-in-cheek, but, either way, it speaks some truths about the game, no pun intended.

Not intending to hijack the thread. And, actually, the letter does deserve it's own thread.

Flame suit: ON :)

Ornery Cuss

I'm your huckleberry. Since I'm in a hijacking kinda mood. Exactly what "truths" does it bring about. The author is so ignorant he is not even familiar with the different shooting categories. It made me laugh. He stated a challenge anytime anywhere, Labor Day weekend 2011 MI State shoot in Port Huron MI. I'll even let him pick the guns. But he won't show, since he doesn't have any class to begin with.

I'm your huckleberry. Since I'm in a hijacking kinda mood. Exactly what "truths" does it bring about. The author is so ignorant he is not even familiar with the different shooting categories. It made me laugh. He stated a challenge anytime anywhere, Labor Day weekend 2011 MI State shoot in Port Huron MI. I'll even let him pick the guns. But he won't show, since he doesn't have any class to begin with.

I'm with ya Deuce...and if folks were wondering...probably not..but...that article was what I was pointing at with my first post on this thread.

Cheers!

Phantom

:)

I love my cowboy action RV

(its really my huge gun cart)

in it is

backup guns

back up ammo

rain gear

mud gear

on

and

on

I cant get all that in a motel room.................

plus I am kinda fond of sleeping on my pillow and sheets

and mattress underneat

full of drool (someone elese)

Perhaps you would be better served by writing a letter to the editor. The editor does not read the Wire.

BH

Or writing an article about what you want to see in the Chronicle and submitting it, maybe the aspiring writers that are submitting articles will listen to you.

I have "camped" RV style most of my life. I don't currently have one but you need one like Cap't Baylors.

Shenny

I wish i recieved my chronicle............I am always getting it at the end of the month it seems?

Vance angry:

Vance, I think thats because Buff takes it and reads it while he loads them special loads for ya, then he puts it back at the end of the month. :)

Hey Al,

I started shooting in May, attended my first annual in June, and we got a RV that August. I hated leaving the party. At most annuuals it's more fun to stay at the range. So, I think the article is very appropriate.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Yep. You can miss alot by not being on the range.

We have been camping in a Lance. It is one of those that goes in the

back of your truck. Pretty small. But we made do.

Just got this one. http://www.exploreusa.com/inventory/118588...-XLT-280RB.aspx

Small compared to what some are pulling.

But really big compared to what we had.

Have only got to use it once so far as we just got it.

Looking forward to spring. We plan on hitting alot more shoots this year.

Vance, I think thats because Buff takes it and reads it while he loads them special loads for ya, then he puts it back at the end of the month. :)

Hey, Vanna's got his own 650 now so he's running out of excuses for not beating me-hasn't happened yet!

Whenever I think of any camper trailer I rethink.......

Cost of trailer = 20,000.00+

Cost of motel room with upgrade 100.00/night X average 2 day shoot = 200.00

200 divided into 20,000 = 1000 shoots

I would eat is restaurant anyhow so food cost is the same.

AND I don't have to clean the hotel room or wash the sheets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You forgot the cost of a possible DUI when you have to many at the banquet and try to drive back to said hotel room. Myself I will stagger my way to my RV. I tent camped off site at EOT and always made sure I didn't drink at night. Tent camped on site at Mason-Dixon and loved it, got a little cool at night. Rented pop-up camper from MWR for Comin' At 'Cha was much better but with the Finance and 3 kids was cramped quarters. So now I want me a http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/default22...p;series=Expand

I thought the article was interesting and related to our sport as an accessory discussion.

We shot for years and since the range is only 17 miles away, we never got a trailer. But then the overnight campouts started about 2000 or so, we got a trailer in 2001

We downgraded it (sold it) and got a really smoking deal on a ALiner Scout. http://www.aliner.com/design/assets/pdf/pr...eet/scout08.pdf

Got a $12K trailer for $3200, one year old!

Vixens Jeep can tow it, takes about two minutes to set up and holds us, gear and both Bull Terriers! Heater, lights, porta potty, our range has showers and running water so that's all we needed.

Shooting my mouth off again, high velocity and big bore!

Snake

Yer math adds up to 100 matches, not 1,000 - but that's not why we do it this way. Yer at the range, yer clothes are in the closet, yer sleeping in yer own bed, and yer not pitchin' a tent! No dragging guns in and out of a hotel room, and plenty of room for whatever you choose to take along. The kitchen is always open, and so is the bar. The night sky and campfire with yer pards can end with a couple of steps up to home.

A little OT, but that's all the article was. Certainly relevent to what we do.

CR

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875

I don't think the CC should limit itself.

Like others have said, RVs and Trailers are a big part of Cowboy Action Shooting in the same that are carts, costumes, firearms, cowboy cooking, boots, hats, saddles, Old West history, and other things pertaining to shooting a match and living the Cowboy Way.

:blush:

I heard a rumor that they ran out of copy paper at member #78956.

;):P:FlagAm:

..........Widder (posse 'Extroidiare', GOA 2010)

Widder, they ran out before that. I haven't gotten mine yet either.

Merry Christmas

Randy

Guest Cinch, SASS#29433
I'm your huckleberry. I'll even let him pick the guns.

Let me pick'em... where did I put those wimpy mainsprings... and that Spencer carbine?

I want the Vicar to make my old sheep camp look like this:

http://www.oldwesternwagons.com/sheepwagon...unninggear.html

I have let that thing just sit in the field for too long... fun article!!

Mebbe I ouht to do an article on building the "Hillbilly Airstream". Ya could call it "RVing on the cheap". Mine cost less than 5K, including the cost of a new cargo trailer and all the innards to make it into an RV for two, stove, fridge, etc.... It ain't only the well-heeled who don't like sleepin on the ground, Har!

Folks have gone way off topic, so I'm signing off on it. Flame away!!!!!

Sorry for the rant Vicar. Enjoyed your earlier articles.

Again, Merry Christmas to all.

Al

So - after seeing one of these at a two day match locally - I'm jonesing!

My idea of a gun cart and way to stay and party all night long . . . ..

Couple of years away - but it's gonna happen . . . .

SC

Let me pick'em... where did I put those wimpy mainsprings... and that Spencer carbine?

I want the Vicar to make my old sheep camp look like this:

http://www.oldwesternwagons.com/sheepwagon...unninggear.html

I have let that thing just sit in the field for too long... fun article!!

Newly Built Sheep Wagon on Owensboro Running Gear - $35,000

Wow, $35,000!

If I had that kind of money to spend on a trailer, I'd sure spend it different. An addition to my home or maybe buy a 1 ton ranch truck, but not a Sheephearders hideaway. ;)

So - after seeing one of these at a two day match locally - I'm jonesing!

My idea of a gun cart and way to stay and party all night long . . . ..

Couple of years away - but it's gonna happen . . . .

SC

+1

I saw one of these last summer and they are great. Not that hard on wallet either.

Merry Christmas Shadow!

;)

. . . the ability to share good times and create lifelong memories and friendships-PRICELESS! ;) Believe it or not, a lot of an annual shoots' most memorable moments happen when we're not shootin'! :FlagAm:

DB :P

I may be way off base here, but I'm pretty sure that there is no law saying you have to read every article in the Chronicle. I know I don't. So, the next

time you come across an article that you don't care for, don't read it and skip ahead to another article you are more likely to enjoy. Let the editor

decide what is and isn't proper for the Chronicle. Unless you would like to apply for the editor's job?!? Just a thought.

Ringo

I'm with ya, Ringo FIRE! :FlagAm:

In fact! I look mostly for the pictures!!!!!

Merry Christmas,

Oklahoma Dee

I'm with ya, Ringo FIRE! :D

In fact! I look mostly for the pictures!!!!!

Merry Christmas,

Oklahoma Dee

Yeah! and some of us didn't even git the Dec. Chronicle to complain about. :FlagAm:

Archived