SASS Wire Forum

TG Voting Process

Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217

#4 - Trust but verify.

If your club voted one way - And your TG voted the same way.

No one can question the results.

If your club voted one way and your TG votes the opposite - clubs can question their TG about why this happened and make changes if needed.

Or if your TG failed to inform your club about voting issues or to solicit input from your club - but still voted as representing your club - clubs can question their TG about why this happened and make changes if needed.

Making the TG voting process transparent has zero downside.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmm, three votes for one person. Are you from Chicago? :blush: Kidding!

Well.....

http://www.freshley.com/pictures/pdfs/grou...siontip-121.pdf

http://asq.org/learn-about-quality/decisio...mutivoting.html

and no, I'm not from Chicago! :wacko:

Howdy Pard,

Interesting! However, repeated rounds of voting would wear my nails off. :blush:

Regards,

Allie Mo

I carried the vote for our club

K C'S Corral Mechanicsville, Va

If any member would like to know the vote, I will be happy to provide it to them.

I also carried proxy votes for 2 other clubs. If the members of those clubs would like the vote, I will tell their TG who could not go.

Shenny

TG,

K C'S Corral

Mechanicsville, Va

I carried the vote for our club

K C'S Corral Mechanicsville, Va

If any member would like to know the vote, I will be happy to provide it to them.

I also carried proxy votes for 2 other clubs. If the members of those clubs would like the vote, I will tell their TG who could not go.

Shenny

TG,

K C'S Corral

Mechanicsville, Va

I'm the TG for the the Pungo Posse Cowboy Action Club in Waverly, VA and the Mattaponi Sundowners in West Point VA, the 2 clubs that Shenny carried the proxies for. If anyone wants to know how we voted they can ask me and I'll show them a copy of the letter I gave Shenny but if they are one of our shooters they already have it because I sent it out before the summit.

Hey Allie, I vote for #4. Thank you for the opportunity to do so. I haven't even thought of the word GROK, for a lot of years. Another time, Another bit of Fiction!

what was ment in that statement

is

on the wire

it appears that many think of their TG bout what they think of their congress folks

That usually reflects on the character of the person making the accusation or implying same. ;)

what was ment in that statement

is

on the wire

it appears that many think of their TG bout what they think of their congress folks

;) Sure hope not.

Allie,

I'd say it is more important to know of the clubs (not particularly the TG) that DO NOT vote than it is to know how each and every club cast their votes. It is up to each individual club to trust their TG to vote and vote to their desires. OK, it has been said on wire that the TG should encourage club to vote as he thinks it should be. I can tell you first hand that the main voice of a club does not have to agree with TGs personal view on each and every issue although they should certainly weigh in on what he presents to them. I have outstanding shooters in the club I represent and they travel even more than I, but that does not mean that we agree on all issues. Truthfully, the club usually listens to those more well traveled and known competitors than I (not to take credit from either them or myself). Good illustration is this year's agenda item #2, I have opposed the MSV for hull in shotgun quite vocally for years clear back to those days that I attended the Summit, yet major voices in the club were aganist it so that is where the majority of vote went. I certainly understood their views, but feltmore strongly of my view. I still voted as club desired. (Snakebite, Hud, Big Horn Bing, and others know how much I would have liked to have seen #2 pass. We fought hard for years on this issue and almost convienced the majority but fell short. This just means a majority believe our view is wrong. So be it. I've been wrong before.) Anyway, TG should carry voice of club, try to point them in the direction he sees best, but in the end do as told (IMHO).

I sent (fax/e-mail) proxy to Hipshot along with letter desinating Dusty Lone Star to carry our vote. Dusty was given instructions as to how to vote and feeling of club in case item was changed in some manner. He was even told of feeling of club on non-agenda items. I trust Dusty and I would not want to be a TG for a club who did not trust me.

So my vote would be 3 as first choice, then 4 or 6.

Merry Christmas!!!!

bb

allie

here is what I see

four pages

125 post &

total of 69 votes

do we dare change things over 69 wire votes????

:blush: flame away folks :blush:

good luck

I mean that in a good way

because I consider you a friend

my guess is any change

will still get

wire based each year after the convention

there will always be a loosing side to each voted on issue

My vote is # 1; with the addition that the cognizant Wild Bunch members as well as the RO Committee, who have the list of those clubs represented and those not represented, contact at least 25% of those not represented and ask their TG why no vote was cast. Then take actions to make it easier to gain a greater number voting. Goal = 75%.

Shenny, Missouri Marshall would you like me to count you as "no change?"

Come on folks, I've got your backs, tell us how you feel. I for one would not take offence if anyone from the club I represent wanted verification of how I voted. I'm also fine with just publishing the names of clubs that were or were not represented. I think the most important thing is to increase participation.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Hi Folks,

Discussions about the TG voting process and results come up every year. How about participating in an unofficial poll? Maybe we can get it to be a discussion item at the Regionals and above this year.

Please keep to the topic and leave the ad hominem (attacking an opponent's character rather than answering his argument) comments out of it. Reply with which of the following you would prefer to have as a method of determining how TGs voted on rule changes.

1. No Change.

2. Publish names of TGs/Proxies who voted and their club name(s).

3. Publish names of TGs who did not vote and their club name(s).

4. Publish names of TGs/Proxies who voted, how they voted and their club name(s).

5. Publish names of all SASS affiliated clubs, who voted for them or "none," and how the person voted on each item or leave blank if no vote was submitted.

6. Publish names of clubs that voted and how they voted. (No names.)

7. Rude comment. Failure to follow instructions. Vote not counted even if gave one.

I would like to see number 4 take place as I believe it would remove some of the venom that is directed at the TGs as a group and place the blame where it belongs, with those who did not vote and those who did not vote their clubs' wishes.

Thanks,

Allie Mo

Edit to add number 5.

Edit to add number 6 and word "proxies" after TG if voting.

Edit to add number 7.

4 would work.

5 is a different issue. If you don't even know IF your club has a TG, perhaps you need to attend meetings and find out.

69 Voters! and there is how many people in SASS?

Ding, Ding, Ding.

allie

here is what I see

four pages

125 post &

total of 69 votes

do we dare change things over 69 wire votes????

:rolleyes: flame away folks :blush:

good luck

I mean that in a good way

because I consider you a friend

my guess is any change

will still get

wire based each year after the convention

there will always be a loosing side to each voted on issue

I go along with #4. My club took a vote by our members on the issues that were to be debated. A proxy was submitted to you for the convention.

The TG is suppose to be voting the clubs wishes as a whole and not the individual TG's desires according what my club wants.

Blarney Shooter River Bend Gun Club Rough Riders Dawsonville GA

I go along with #4. My club took a vote by our members on the issues that were to be debated. A proxy was submitted to you for the convention.

The TG is suppose to be voting the clubs wishes as a whole and not the individual TG's desires according what my club wants.

Blarney Shooter River Bend Gun Club Rough Riders Dawsonville GA

Hi Blarney!

I voted all proxies wishes as submitted to me. That said, I wouldn't mind anyone letting the clubs know exactly as I voted, my own club or proxies. Did Shifty forward my report to you? If not and you would like a copy, you can find it here. It contains details of the discussion items. As it was written to The Outlaws (the club I represent locally), when I said I voted yes on all items, that was their wish (not the proxies).

Regards,

Allie Mo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Howdy Richie,

I forwarded the results to the WB. No. 4 was,by far, the preferred method. However, I think if anything comes of this it will just be a list of clubs represented or not represented at the Summit.

I look forward to meeting you.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Archived