SASS Wire Forum

TG Voting Process

Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217

As perhaps a sad side note, none of my club's members asked how I voted. I hand out written ballots on the issues at a club meeting, make them available at shoots, talk to shooters individually, and solicit feedback/votes via email. This allow folks to vote as they wish without being pressured in a meeting ("All in favor, raise your hands...."). Even when I report back the results of the TG vote, nobody asks how I voted. I do get feedback about certain issues ("Whadda yuh mean BPGF didn't pass???!!!") It's been this way for the 5 years I've been a TG. If I had to guess, most folks really don't care about the whole process. "Do what yuh gotta do, Checotah. Just let me shoot."

Sorry, Allie :rolleyes: . Don't mean to hijack the thread, just share my experience about why I don't understand the whole hubbub about the job TG's are doing; it's just not an issue around here, at least not that I've heard or seen, regardless of which club and which TG.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Folks,

Discussions about the TG voting process and results come up every year. How about participating in an unofficial poll? Maybe we can get it to be a discussion item at the Regionals and above this year.

Please keep to the topic and leave the ad hominem (attacking an opponent's character rather than answering his argument) comments out of it. Reply with which of the following you would prefer to have as a method of determining how TGs voted on rule changes.

1. No Change.

2. Publish names of TGs/Proxies who voted and their club name(s).

3. Publish names of TGs who did not vote and their club name(s).

4. Publish names of TGs/Proxies who voted, how they voted and their club name(s).

5. Publish names of all SASS affiliated clubs, who voted for them or "none," and how the person voted on each item or leave blank if no vote was submitted.

6. Publish names of clubs that voted and how they voted. (No names.)

7. Rude comment. Failure to follow instructions. Vote not counted even if gave one.

I would like to see number 4 take place as I believe it would remove some of the venom that is directed at the TGs as a group and place the blame where it belongs, with those who did not vote and those who did not vote their clubs' wishes.

Thanks,

Allie Mo

Edit to add number 5.

Edit to add number 6 and word "proxies" after TG if voting.

Edit to add number 7.

#4 :rolleyes:

For all of those helpful hands on finding the assigned TG, thanks but I was aware of how to find that info. You might like to know that some of this info (for at least one clubs anyway) is at least two assignments old. We keep sending updates but they do not get reflected. Anyway thanks for the feedback - I am sure it will all get resolved at some point - probably by someone with more patience then myself....

I'm not a TG or any other type of club officer or dignitary , but if I had a vote it would be for #5. That could also be handy to see how different areas of the country vote on various issues , and if there is differences by geographics.

Thanks for listening , Rex :rolleyes:

As perhaps a sad side note, none of my club's members asked how I voted. I hand out written ballots on the issues at a club meeting, make them available at shoots, talk to shooters individually, and solicit feedback/votes via email. This allow folks to vote as they wish without being pressured in a meeting ("All in favor, raise your hands...."). Even when I report back the results of the TG vote, nobody asks how I voted. I do get feedback about certain issues ("Whadda yuh mean BPGF didn't pass???!!!") It's been this way for the 5 years I've been a TG. If I had to guess, most folks really don't care about the whole process. "Do what yuh gotta do, Checotah. Just let me shoot."

Sorry, Allie :rolleyes: . Don't mean to hijack the thread, just share my experience about why I don't understand the whole hubbub about the job TG's are doing; it's just not an issue around here, at least not that I've heard or seen, regardless of which club and which TG.

Guess this hits the nail on the head. Every year there is a big stink over one rule or the other not passing. Voter apathy is very obvious in SASS as it is everywhere. It makes no difference that 300+ clubs did not have a vote in the process. The results would not have been much different. I think it comes down to "no new categories" this year. Since the "Wire" is just an opinion forum and not part of the governing body of SASS, don't know if all your efforts will be in vain Allie, but hopefully you will gain some insight into the process. So, having said that, put me down for #1, no change, cause it's not going to.

Mink Shoals (The epitome of voter apathy) Bandit...............

there is no dang way in H--L

that I would read all of these postings

but what I have red

I boil it down to

TG's are kinda like congress (that seams to be a ideal)

(hence they congress and tg's....................... suck)

here is what I think

after being a TG for longer then the newest TG on record

it seems to impose heart burn,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, when I state how long, I have done things when it applies to SASS cas

Congress gets paid, and paid dam well

congress gets a retirement

sure........................ tag their name to everything they vote on

TG's have ben............... chastised on the wire by a few

because they have the funds , (or smarts) to be life members

and have............ perhaps free time to attend their duties,

attend the non required TG meetings held at top shoots accross the country and the convention

what is my point

post the votes

leave names out, cuz the names do not need to be printed on the wire like the national enquirer or those raqs

do you

or

do you not

ask your tgs how they voted after the convention???????????????????????????????????

why make a new requirement / rule

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875
there is no dang way in H--L

that I would read all of these postings

but what I have red

I boil it down to

TG's are kinda like congress (that seams to be a ideal)

(hence they congress and tg's....................... suck)

here is what I think

after being a TG for longer then the newest TG on record

it seems to impose heart burn,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, when I state how long, I have done things when it applies to SASS cas

Congress gets paid, and paid dam well

congress gets a retirement

sure........................ tag their name to everything they vote on

TG's have ben............... chastised on the wire by a few

because they have the funds , (or smarts) to be life members

and have............ perhaps free time to attend their duties,

attend the non required TG meetings held at top shoots accross the country and the convention

what is my point

post the votes

leave names out, cuz the names do not need to be printed on the wire like the national enquirer or those raqs

do you

or

do you not

ask your tgs how they voted after the convention???????????????????????????????????

why make a new requirement / rule

So I take it that your vote is #7 :rolleyes:

Mike Darlin' I grok ya + ur down for a 1. "Post the votes" is a no change. Sorry Paniolo, I may or may not understand the voices. Whatever, I, don't consider them rude. MM is MM and I like him. :rolleyes:

Yankee, please one vote; not an either or.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Wow!

Fifty votes and only one rude comment. :rolleyes:

So far it's No. 4 with 24 and No. 6 with 14.

Thanks for participating! Keep 'em coming! Vote changes will be accepted until I decide to cut off the voting. I will keep it going until it starts dropping from page one for a while. I will send the results to the Wild Bunch to see if they will allow a vote or not or just agree to provide one of the options that are for a change.

Thank you,

Allie Mo

Hey Allie.

If this will keep down some of the TG bashing then thank you very much for posting this.

4, 5, or 6 work for me....but..I know....one vote.... :rolleyes:

TB

I am trying to understand what is broke

iffen ya dont

• like yer tg
  • trust yer tg

change him

I have always encouraged that the most adimit proponets of TG's

Please-Please,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,step up to the plate, and become one (a tg)

put yer money, AND,,,,,,,,, energy where yer typing fingers are

geeeeese

Allie, thanks for trying to do something constructive about the belly aching. I am deeply involved with my club when it comes to the agenda issues. I contact all members through surveys and discussion at matches and meetings. I poll them on their voting wishes, compile the results and then head off to Vegas with their best wishes...AND their caveat that I may use my best judgement if items change or discussion reveals new information. I also report on my vote and the results when I get home. I am proud of what I do and have no issue with my name being affiliated with my conduct.

So...I agree with the Madd one that folks should interact with their TG's for information but if a change came about, I would like to see #4. Thanks again.

Four Bucks

Hey Allie! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

And a Hug!

In a perfect world we wouldn't need this and there'd be no ruckus.

Sadly it ain't perfect, so .....................................#4 or #6

Allie Mo,

You are a great example of what is right as an "official" in the structure of SASS - that is, the particular folks who chose to serve as volunteers in a successful group, and who make a positive difference - most do, but you go the extra mile on the Wahr, and elsewhere (I've heard). Thank you.

I'll strongly vote for #5 with some comment below.

From my own personal experience as a very senior official in another competitive sporting organization, maximum transparency in the rules/governing process REALLY helps keep the churn down and trust and confidence up in our instant communication society today. This is particularly true among both our current members who may want to voice change, but perhaps more even importantly, with all of those newer members and potential new members who really don't have enough contact with the leadership to know about the truth or our basic values and fun in the all the stuff that appears on something like the SASS Wire (geez- what a run on sentence! ...it's late....).

I really like the engagement and mostly constructive and respectful discussion I see on the wire, but occasionally certain folks take it to a disrespectful level either knowingly or otherwise. Often, that disrespectful "Wahr" engagement DOES have a negative effect on projecting our Cowboy Way, values, and recruiting new shooters who visit here, or maintaining relatively new ones. Rest assured that potential members view the wire and make judgments about all of SASS, whether we think "SASS is the not the Wire and the Wire is not SASS", or not.

So, I think something like the full disclosure of #5 (4 or 6 get pretty close, but 5 is more complete), would be the best, and I really doubt if any TG would object, given the real benefit to SASS and current and future members.

Look forward to meeting you - I like hugs too!!!. :rolleyes:

Thanks again,

Harvey

Hi John Boy,

I posted one several votes ago. Here's the current tally.

1. 6
  2. 0
  3. 2
  4. 30
  5. 5
  6. 16
  7. 2

"A little birdie" indicated that, if we get any change regarding posting of voting results, it is most likely to be a list of clubs represented and/or clubs not represented at the Summit. No individual voting results. Even that should help to increase participation.

Regards,

Allie Mo

"A little birdie" indicated that, if we get any change regarding posting of voting results, it is most likely to be a list of clubs represented and/or clubs not represented at the Summit. No individual voting results. Even that should help to increase participation.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Think that would really help get more clubs to get there vote in.

The more clubs voteing the better.

Hi John Boy,

I posted one several votes ago. Here's the current tally.

Thanks Kindly Allie. Poor eyes or too fast using the wheel on the mouse.

Thinking possibly about writting a letter to the CC with the tally? Ya know, kind of like igniting a fire under Tex and the WB :)

Hi John Boy,

So far, I have not had the desire to write something for the Chronicle. I feel much more comfortable on the Wire. :P:):D:FlagAm::FlagAm:

I will send the results to the WB and ask them to either ignore it, "just do it," or have it as a discussion item at the 2011 Regionals.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Hi Bear, Pleasant, and, my new BFF, Blackwater Desperado,

Please select one. I'm too "simple" to create a spreadsheet that allows multiple votes. :rolleyes::rolleyes::blush::wacko:

Anyway, thanks for posting!

Regards,

Allie Mo

Just put a 1 in both columns or choices. If I had to only pick one it would be 6.

Archived