SASS Wire Forum

Where to get decent Kid's leather and other ?

Rube Burrows

My son is not old enough for the buckaroo matches and I am looking for him some leather. Where would be a good place to find decent leather but not break the bank.

Im already going to have to purchase a pile of guns....so the leather (which he will outgrow) just needs to get him by.

Also, When reading the rule book I know it says they can use .22 caliber guns but to save on money are they allowed to use .357/.38 calibers?

I dont get to shoot a bunch but I think this would be something we could both do together.

Thanks for any help.

My son is not old enough for the buckaroo matches and I am looking for him some leather. Where would be a good place to find decent leather but not break the bank.

Im already going to have to purchase a pile of guns....so the leather (which he will outgrow) just needs to get him by.

Also, When reading the rule book I know it says they can use .22 caliber guns but to save on money are they allowed to use .357/.38 calibers?

I dont get to shoot a bunch but I think this would be something we could both do together.

Thanks for any help.

It would help if you said what kind of pistols you bought, you might want to check out Texas Jack's they have some holsters for the P Jr's....

If the guns are good for some years, the only thing he'll grow out of is the belt. Get decent holsters.

I have not bought his guns yet. That is why I was curious if the buckaroos could use .357/.38. If he can use them I can pick up something in that caliber and then he would be able to use them for as long as he wants. If I have to buy .22 guns then he wont be able to use them as long.

The holsters slide off the gunbelt so even inexpensive holsters will last a long time for your son. .38 pistols are perfect. I bet if you said what kind of pistol your son is planning on using you could pick up a pair here, just ask. On gunbelts you could get one a little large and poke holes in it to fit him now

Thanks guys. I think I have the gun leather covered thanks to a member here.

Also, thanks for answering my question of the caliber he can use. I think I will pick him up some Vaqueros in .357 or something along those lines. That makes me much happier. I was hoping I didnt have to buy .22s and then in a year or so buy him an all new set.

Maybe I've been sitting at the airport too long since my earlier flite was cancelled, but I thought from the subject line we'd be talking about skinning kids...messy, no doubt...

Wolf "Marooned" Bane

SASS13557

Wolf......you been at the Airport bar? :rolleyes:

Maybe I've been sitting at the airport too long since my earlier flite was cancelled, but I thought from the subject line we'd be talking about skinning kids...messy, no doubt...

Wolf "Marooned" Bane

SASS13557

And I was sitting here wondering why decent kids needed any different leather from the rest of the rotten little snots.

And I was sitting here wondering why decent kids needed any different leather from the rest of the rotten little snots.

:rolleyes:<_<

Yall are just cracking me up over here.

Archived