SASS Wire Forum

Lost another Pard today, Singin Zeke

Big Iron Patnode SASS 60632

Zeke was the President of the Green Mountain Regulators outside of Marble Falls, TX. He also owned the range where the club shot. He was a heck of guy. I remember going out there a few years ago where nothing but rock and dirt stood and he started pointing out what his vision of a club would be. It did come to fruition with a lot of hard work and efforts by Zeke and his friends. The camaraderie exhibited by the members of that club is what SASS is all about. The original members were the guys I started with and what drew me into SASS. Nada Chance. Bronco Birnbaum, Circuit Judge, Kettleman, Abilene, John Selman and the rest have lost a great friend today. May He welcome him with open arms.

Big Iron Patnode

I too was there at the first couple orgaizational meetings. Zeke, well, he was a man of his word, he had heart, he had a willingness to offer his friendship and to be a friend. Because of my work, I only got to shoot with the GMR a few times, but as often as I cold, I would shoot the long range matches with Zeke and all the other Sunday morning group. We who know Zeke are magnified by his friendship and diminished in his passing. The Lord has taken unto Himself one of the most rare of Men. God Bless you Zeke, and to his family may the Lord cover you with His healing love and amplify the happiness that Zeke created in those around him.

Muleshoe

Singin Zeke or Joel will be sorely missed . He was an example of turning a dream into reality and the 110%

he put into it. And his Dream was to have a Cowboy Club where the main goal was to have fun.

You were a hell of a Man pard. and I will miss you.

Rick

If you shot at Green Mountain and didn't have a great time, it sure wasn't Joel's fault. He was a true gentleman with the spiritual gift of hospitality.

He will be missed.

Guest Crosscut Hardy SASS # 54701

Thanks for the post Big Iron; Singing Zeke was a good fellar, Cowboy Action Shootings loss; crosscut hardy

Zeke will be missed. I've enjoyed his company for the four years since he organized the Green Mountain Regulators, that time now seems to have flown by.

Zeke and his good friend Iron Burner have been reunited to cowboy together!

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

I never had the pleasure of meetin or shootin with Zeke, but it sure sounds like he was a good Texan and a fine man. God Bless his soul.

Hoss Carpenter

Archived