SASS Wire Forum

US OPEN

Mose Spencer, SASS #63490

Hey all just wanted to let everyone know about the US OPEN . again this year .

I just got off the phone with The World Shooting Complex and the dates are confirmed early this year.

the official dates will be Sept. 8th 9th and 10th this year .

We have more control over the match this year and have eliminated some of the confusion from the past.

The side matches and wild bunch will be on Thursday the 8th .

The Main Match on Friday the 9th and Saturday the 10th .

This will be a big deal this year as we are working on several other events happening SIMONTAIOUSLY at the same time .

There will be something for everyone and stuff happeneing all weekend.

I can't be specific yet but think . Food , Horses , Rodeo, Shopping and a GREAT! Shooting Match topped off by a Grand Gala in a ballroom like atmosphere.

If I know my friends there will probably be a party or 3 also.

Watch more information to follow .

Get you rooms booked early for this event.

Keep your eyes open for the TRIPLE CROWN!

SEE YA IN SPARTA

MOSE

Also a Note to :ALL THE CLEAN SHOOTERS at the U.S.OPEN 2010

you were all slighted last year do to an oversight that I will step up and take the heat for BUT I PROMISE !! it will not happen again and we will do something special for clean shooters in 2011.

Sorry,

MOSE

Big Feller ye gotche work cut out for ya iffen ye gonna outdo last year!!!!!!!!!

We got a chance at what I think is a National championship caliber match at the greatest shooting range in the country. I surely hope everyone will attend this great match this year. Here's our chance at a large match on this side of tha world.

I doubt we'll ever get a chance at a match ran by better folk than this one. Great stages, Great atmosphere, yep its got it all!!!

I tell ye fellers, from Michigan, Flordia, Texas, Tenn-a-c, Virgenny, W Virgenny, S Carolina, N Carolina, Alabammy, Lou-z-ana, and several udder states in tha upper east. You know who I'm a thinkin ovf. You'all havin any of if?

I hope so I'd like ta see this be tha grand match for this side.

See evabody there!

Thanks agin to Mose and them Doo-lee-s

RRR

:rolleyes: Mose, You've got the support of a whole bunch of shooters in the Midwest. This event could grow to be the most audicious cowboy shootin' event east of the divide. It will be awesome. Folks everywhere should take notice!!! It's for real!!

Mose,

You know Yazoo and I are coming. But let's get something straight early.......

Will FRONTIER CARTRIDGE GUNFIGHTER and OUTLAW be allowed????

Let's not wait till the day before this time.

Judge

Big Feller ye gotche work cut out for ya iffen ye gonna outdo last year!!!!!!!!!

We got a chance at what I think is a National championship caliber match at the greatest shooting range in the country. I surely hope everyone will attend this great match this year. Here's our chance at a large match on this side of tha world.

I doubt we'll ever get a chance at a match ran by better folk than this one. Great stages, Great atmosphere, yep its got it all!!!

+1. Had a great time at the 2010 Open. Will definitely be there for the 2011.

Fingers (maybe my pistols won't break this time) McGee

Count me and Lorrie in. This may be the premier shoot in the MidWest.

Havent been able to go to many in the past due to during the week work schedule...will be retired next Sept so I plan to attend as I have heard tons of positive remarks about the US OPEN!

Plus I have shot Mose's scenerios many times...looking forward to more!

Kid Doubleday

Hey Y'all and you to Judge em all :rolleyes:

EVERY !!! SASS Legal Catagory will be covered with at least the first place award and any sub catagory with enough folks can be handled also.

OUTLAW ! will be a part of every shoot that I have anything to do with just cause its so COOL! ( I don't shoot it but its cool)

I think Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter is an awsome thing to watch also ,so if we can get 3 or more of ya to shoot it then we will handle that also . I can't promise how deep the awards will go in a sub catagory but if you give me enough people to shoot FCG there will be a FIRST PLACE award for it at least.

I will challange all those folks who wanted to see the FRONTIER CARTRIDGE GUNFIGHTER make the cut as a SASS catagory .They should sign up for it at the U.S. OPEN with your help we can make this a great spring board to show how many people are interested in this class.

I think anyone who has been to the U.S. Open can tell ya the lack of prizes and awards are never an issue.

In short I think SASS matches should be FUN! and practicle at the same time.

MOSE

Judge, I have your appalacation from T-Bone his own danged self.

Mose I can not wait. Lady T and I will be there, at least I think Lady T will be with me.

The Outlaws are Coming.

It's on my list - FCGF wuz fun last year, glad it's still on the menu! Gonna try ta drag Dimpled Darlin' with me this time.

CR

Can't wait! NO BICYCLES THIS YEAR! Maybe I will get to shoot this time. :rolleyes: You should know that we are here for whatever help that you need.

Iron Maiden

Maiden

Tell em boys me an Fannie don't plan on buyin em no caps this year! ;) We wanna see ya'll shoot! ;)

It's on my list - FCGF wuz fun last year, glad it's still on the menu! Gonna try ta drag Dimpled Darlin' with me this time.

CR

Sounds like you and Judge'm are making a huge FCGF challenge or a Duel D Otool! Count me in!

Spittoon Otool

2010 Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter champion of the Solar System

Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter!!!!!!! There is three of us ready to play !!! Come on Boys let's get some more.

How about you Titus.? Frontier Cartridge OUTLAW Gunfighter. I know you can do it!!!!!

Tator,

You have got to do some more practicing on the Wire. Glad to see you on here though.

Hey Judge

'Judgin' by my scores :rolleyes: at the Mose N' Bella Turkey shoot I believe I'll limit my one handed and/or Outlaw shootin to that one shoot per year. Fun, but I think I'll stick to two handed Frontier Cartridge for now! :unsure:

Sounds like you and Judge'm are making a huge FCGF challenge or a Duel D Otool! Count me in!

Spittoon Otool

2010 Frontier Cartridge Gunfighter champion of the Solar System

I noticed yer hammers seem to have sagged. I'll bring my welder and build 'em back up for ya!

IBPG is Pale Rider? I will if you will.

CR

Can't wait! NO BICYCLES THIS YEAR! Maybe I will get to shoot this time. :rolleyes: You should know that we are here for whatever help that you need.

Iron Maiden

Are you bringing Copperhead Joe with you? If so I may move up there now so I can get a good spot. Love that Copperhead Juice.

Good Lord Willin' 'n' The Creek Don't Rise, me 'n' Hatfield 'll be there! Maybe shoot FCGF or Outlaw, you never know.

Schoolmarm'll be back in school!!

Outlaw ---YES. Black Powder Gungighter---YES, Food Vendors,Rodeo, Horses Lions Tigers and Bears---YES YES YES YES and YES.... We promise this year is gonna be the best. With a tag team WWF adittude and smiles bigger than a 3 ring Circus act. We are gonna have a big time. This match pulls together and complets the Triple Crown of Cowboy Action Shooting. You know it #1 the Midwest Classic #2 The SASS U.S. Open and #3 Comin'At'Cha. My daddy always said, Son --thats what he called me,!!!! he said Son I said what?????Daddy said--- WELL---I forgot..... right now,,what he said but it was good !!!

Hey Mose don't forget about the minature Mobile Golf Corse I have invested in and traveling around as a vendor and side match.... Ya'll gotta play...It's included....

Archived