SASS Wire Forum

Leather Treatment

G. P. Cobb

I just acquired a pair of snake skin Tony Lama Boots about 1953 vintage in the box. Looks like they walked across the store. Still have tits and the rubber heels and all leather soles.

My query is, what to put on them for treatment? Lexol? I don't think a polish? You'd think I know at my age, but the snake skin evades me.

Boot help in Kansas.

Thanks in Advance......... GP

GP, all I ever used comes in a spray can. Believe it was Justin brand reptile leather treatment. It worked on my lizard boots and kept them from drying. You can probably find it in a boot store.

Lexol sprayed on might do it too but I never tried it. .

Google Boot Barn and ask them.

Roy

G.P.,

My father-in-law had a pair of lizard skin boots many years ago (early 70's), and they told him to use a light coat of Vaseline. It seemed to work.

G.P.,

My father-in-law had a pair of lizard skin boots many years ago (early 70's), and they told him to use a light coat of Vaseline. It seemed to work.

This is the solution that was recommended to me. Apply about twice a year if they are not worn much.

The spray on stuff won't attract dirt like vaseline...but then its not dusty in Kansas is it? I never tried vaseline on reptile skins but looks like there are some that vouch by it.

The leather cleaner/treatment recommended by the saddler is Vireo. It and the Justin Reptile treatment, especially the latter, have a foaming action that penetrates and lifts grime out of the scales while preserving the leather.

Don't rub that snake the wrong way...makes em mad.

OK, here is what I use. Propert's Reptile Cleaner & Conditioner. google Kiwi Brands, Inc. Spray on treatment, works great!

Roy

Floyd says use His Snake Oil,he has two cases left,great fer tar,scars,dry skin and sore throat,comes in recycled half pint bottles at at 3.00 ,make that 2.39 +shipping per bottle..

How many would ya like? :rolleyes:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y283/gunc...ck/floyd001.jpg

Archived