SASS Wire Forum

Got a question

Tator

So are you calling rule changes and adding catigories the slippery slope has haunted SASS?

NO i am not

but haveing said that

SASS CAS has created situations both good and bad with their (often to late rule changes -reactive.... not proactive)

catigories-----you aint baiting me into going there

PF sooner,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, then after the (race to the bottom of safe and useable ammo)

they hope to apply that CAS learning curve, and have the SASS Wild Bunch division benifit

geeeeeese

slippery slope,

is when the passing of one thing starts

something completely unintentionial, un foresceen and unbelievable consenqences in some cases, on down the road

every thing that has happened in SASS has happened for a reason

first off, I dont thing 30 years ago, SASS thought it would be so large that it is on TV and so on

colt

this is just what I see, and the way I think

and the wire is place where we can all, answer question, make statement, and even ask questions

a place where we can

• agree
  • dis-agree
  • and agree ta dis-agree

if you want more catigories and rules changes

thats fine

that is what the TG summit is all about each and every year ;)

and I play a very small part of that

out of 329 club votes this year including prox-ies

I only had to votes.....that is a prutty small part

cept for the hours spent in discussions, both in and outside of the room

"has haunted SASS" I swear!

Must be tha period that brought them more growth than any other time including there Golden days. My achin assssssssss

RRR

+1

;)

That so called slippery slope. Sure did see a land slide of new members. :lol:

NO i am not

but haveing said that

SASS CAS has created situations both good and bad with their (often to late rule changes -reactive.... not proactive)

catigories-----you aint baiting me into going there

PF sooner,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, then after the (race to the bottom of safe and useable ammo)

they hope to apply that CAS learning curve, and have the SASS Wild Bunch division benifit

geeeeeese

slippery slope,

is when the passing of one thing starts

something completely unintentionial, un foresceen and unbelievable consenqences in some cases, on down the road

every thing that has happened in SASS has happened for a reason

first off, I dont thing 30 years ago, SASS thought it would be so large that it is on TV and so on

colt

this is just what I see, and the way I think

and the wire is place where we can all, answer question, make statement, and even ask questions

a place where we can

• agree
  • dis-agree
  • and agree ta dis-agree

if you want more catigories and rules changes

thats fine

that is what the TG summit is all about each and every year :FlagAm:

and I play a very small part of that

out of 329 club votes this year including prox-ies

I only had to votes.....that is a prutty small part

cept for the hours spent in discussions, both in and outside of the room

No one is baiting anyone. I was just trying to figure out what you meant. When a TG with a vote says the sport is on a Slippery slope it sounds alarming to me.

I'm not saying I even disagree or agree with you, I was just trying to figure out what you meant.

........Don't mean to start somethin'.... but why do so many shooters not "get" the notion that a WB match is different than a cowboy match?? If ya want to shoot the game, get or borrow the guns! Personally, I like the idea of everyone shooting a larger caliber rifle. I just got an email saying that at Winter Range ALL ammo would be tested to meet the standards. I got no problem with that as I'm sure my loads will pass easily. Play the game by the rules made.

I've been in SASS for a year and a half. Went to my first "official" WB match at Ft. Parker last year and didn't know that I had to have a '97 to play - I only had my SxS. Another pard loaned me his (thanks Hopalong Herbert!) and I played, but then came home and found a '97 here on the Wire. I'm not made of money, but really wanted to play, so made it happen. Along the way got a better 1911 and then had to have my '97 worked on. This year at Ft. Parker, I loaned my '97 out to Nichols Creek and he shot it better than me!! But that's why we're playing, isn't it?? To have fun and make friends... if a pard needs to borrow a gun or ammo....aren't we there for them??

For me, WB is a BLAST to shoot!! I'm better with my 1911 than my 45 NMV's! And I love shootin' a stoked '97!! ;)

..... just my own opinion here.....

Miss Cubbie

I think the intent in 40+ caliber rifles (along with a 150 min PF) was an attempt to limit the "competitiveness" and keep things more original. Didn't work. It IS a competition.

I've noticed a big difference in competitors, and their equipment from just a few years ago. I gave serious thought to not shooting an upcoming match simply because its moving way beyond "something fun to do in addition to the match" and into a "I gotta be serious and win" type of match. I'll be there though and I'll probably use the same gear I did last year though I've given serious thought to upgrading my leather to something more "competitive" just to stay even with the other fellers. Talk about getting sucked into the wormhole!

Archived