SASS Wire Forum

Chorro Valley Shootout XVII

Filthy Lucre, 55674L

The Annual Chorro Valley Shootout (Ex-JW) will be held in August 11th. through the 14th. 2011. Please mark your calenders. Entry forms will be on the CVR web site soon. www.chorrovalleyregulators.org

Oh man. Two of my favorite, must go to matches, are gonna be on the same weekend? Why the move? Is this permanent? Smokin Gator

We decided to change the date due to there not being any big matches in bordering states in August which will hopefully mean more vendors and shooters.

THIS IS THE BEST NEWS THAT I HAVE HEARD SINCE MOMA BURNED DOWN THE OUTHOUSE, AND DADDY WAS FORCED TO INSTALL A INSIDE COMMODE!

YES!

Who wouldn't want to go to Morro Bay in Augest? Valley=100+ degrees, Morro Bay=nice, nice, nice coastal weather. Sign me up now!

Snakebite

Just so I know- what are the conflicting events??

The only one that I can think of is "Trash day" at my house.

Snakebite

Just so I know- what are the conflicting events??

The Idaho State match. The good news is it doesn't conflict with our Roop County Days anymore!! We have our Annual the first weekend in September and have a ball!! CC Dollar runs the match, Denio writes the stages and I do a whole lot of cooking!

Jasper

The Annual Chorro Valley Shootout (Ex-JW) will be held in August 11th. through the 14th. 2011. Please mark your calenders. Entry forms will be on the CVR web site soon. www.chorrovalleyregulators.org

Yea! The weather should be better then AND the 'Scoring Crew' will be more comfy in the Club House during 'Crunch Time'......September and its 'Indian Summer' is rough, (way too hot). Got someone in North Carolina already marking the calender for those dates!

Ima Lotatrubl :rolleyes:

The only one that I can think of is "Trash day" at my house.

Snakebite

Western 3 Gun's World Cup is the same weekend. Guess where Lead Dispencer and Badlands Bud will be........

Western 3 Gun's World Cup is the same weekend. Guess where Lead Dispencer and Badlands Bud will be........

Not to mention Long Swede, Tex Fiddler, Swifty Swede, Frederick Jackson Turner, etc. Chorro Valley didn't pick their "new" weekend too well.

August in the Central Valley is hotter than..... well, you know. I would expect a rather large turnout from the Central Valley. Folks are always looking to get over to the Morro Bay area and out of the heat in August, but finding a place to camp in August is just about impossible! I'm sorry to see that some of the guys will be shooting another game. We will miss them, but I think that you will see a large turnout. This has been one of my favorite matches ever since it started.... and I think that I have made it to just about all of them. .. I'm gonna start loading ammo right now!

Snakebite

Not to mention Long Swede, Tex Fiddler, Swifty Swede, Frederick Jackson Turner, etc. Chorro Valley didn't pick their "new" weekend too well.

IROT -

I feel your pain pard. The Gunfight and Bordertown have been tiptoeing around each other for 5 years. OTOH - Now there's enough time space between Sept. 1st (opening day of dove season) and Chorro Valley. If I've got the funds, I'll make the trip. Say hey to Spence, Tex, Swiftus, and FJT for me.

Oh, and by the way...the Western Regional, Last Stand at Chimney Rock has been moved to November 3-6, 2011.

hey IROT,

its hard enough keeping track of all of the local SASS clubs much less the CAS clubs not to mention the ones that havent announced their new dates for 2011.

you know its the second sunday of aug but you cant expect everyone else to.

World Cup has been the 2nd weekend of August since it began (6 years now). Anyone that has access to a computer could find that out on the Deadwood Drifters website in about 30 seconds. I'm not accusing anyone of counter-scheduling....just poor timing and maybe a little insufficient research. If someone were to shoot Lefty Longridge an e-mail, he'd confirm that the date was chosen specifically because there was no other major match schedule for that weekend....until now.

I'm loving the date change!! Been hoping for a change for years. There may be some folks who can't attend, but I'd bet this will make it easier (not to mention very appealing) for others.

Nothing stays the same. I can understand that for some shooters coming from other locations it could be attractive to go to the match in August when it's usually the hottest time of the year in their area. Or they just have had other things to do in September. Unfortunately, it comes at the expense of losing some of the shooters who have been regularly supporting the Chorro Valley shoot for varying numbers of years. There's no way to know if it will be an overall improvement until they give it a try. Good luck. Smokin Gator

I don't know if the date change will be good or not. The John Wayne Shoot-Out (note the hyphenated Shoot-Out) was actually first held in May around Duke's birthday. The former date in September never pleased everyone as it was always after Labor Day and school was often back in session.

I don't think The Regulators should be responsible to check all events happening around a particular weekend, remember, this is a SASS event afterall. Unfortunately, IROT, you never had a chance to come no matter what the date. I too ran a gun store while running the club and the John Wayne Shoot-Out for a few years. I know it can be time consuming and a closer match makes more sense to you.

CVR has suffered some setbacks lately because of JW Enterprises and they are doing the best they can to keep their shoot vibrant and well attended. There are a lot more shooters in the world than there used to be and believe me, no one will miss our regulars more than me as they have become good friends over the past 17 years. But this may offer an opportunity for some folks who have always wanted to come but couldn't.

We should all wish a club our best in all their endeavors and take some time on a weekend or two to support a clubs monthly shoots also.

I hope that all who have enjoyed our Shoot-Out over the years have as fond of memories as I have and if you can make it, please do.

Respectfully,

Fillmore

I don't know if the date change will be good or not. The John Wayne Shoot-Out (note the hyphenated Shoot-Out) was actually first held in May around Duke's birthday. The former date in September never pleased everyone as it was always after Labor Day and school was often back in session.

I don't think The Regulators should be responsible to check all events happening around a particular weekend, remember, this is a SASS event afterall. Unfortunately, IROT, you never had a chance to come no matter what the date. I too ran a gun store while running the club and the John Wayne Shoot-Out for a few years. I know it can be time consuming and a closer match makes more sense to you.

CVR has suffered some setbacks lately because of JW Enterprises and they are doing the best they can to keep their shoot vibrant and well attended. There are a ot more shooters in the world than there used to be and believe me, no one will miss our regulars more than me as they have become good friends over the past 17 years. But this may offer some who have always wanted to come but couldn't.

We should all wish a club our best in all their endeavors and take some time on a weekend or two to support a clubs monthly shoots also.

I hope that all who have enjoyed our Shoot-Out over the years have as fond of memories as I have and if you can make it, please do.

Respectfully,

Fillmore

Thank you Fillmore for your thoughts on the Chorro Valley Shootout change of date. Yup, some will miss it due to conflicting schedules, but others will be freed up to bring tha whole family to tha coast and shoot at the CVR Annual. My own Darlin Dave will not have to jump through as many hoops at his workplace next year in order to free up a week and a half to set up/shoot and then clean up after the dust settles. We as a family look forward to the August 2011 change! Still miss tha old name, but thems tha breaks...it is the Event itself that creates the good rep, not the 'Title'!

Best Regards,

Ima Lotatrubl :)

The ever loverly Fannie Mostly and I were gonna have to miss it next year as we are going to be shooting in the Australia Championships. Now with the change to August, we can play with our friends once more.

I heard rumors that Western Regionals was moving to the first weekend in November. Now we can shoot that match again cause we'll be back from down under.

With Chorro moving to August, Western Regionals to November, that means all us old pharts can hit the Senior Games in October, well we will in 2012.

Yeeehawww, we're shooting in Chorro again.

You can't please everyone all the time. As far as I see it this gives the people who could never come before a chance to come. I, for one, am happy since my kids won't be in school yet. Makes it a lot easier than trying to explain to them that I'm leaving for 3 days on their first week of school.

The last meeting I was able to attend, the idea of changing the JWSO to August was mentioned as a future possibility. I was very surprised to find out the date was going to change in 2011 and not 2012, making the change in scheduling only 8 months away. After asking several members at the CVSO if the date was going to remain the same for 2011, I gave Mr. Middlemist my request for the same RV space and took off time for the two weeks surrounding that date so as to be able to attend. I appreciate change when it is needed, and think highly of the people that run the club. I really enjoy the time I get to spend with everyone out there on the days I can make it to shoot. I just feel this change in dates could have been made for 2012, and announced at the JWSO this September giving everyone a year's notice. I will not be able to attend if the date will be for August. I have only been a member for 3 years or so, I figured I would speak my mind a little. Thank you.

Archived