SASS Wire Forum

help

Dakota Psycho

i made the mistake of starting a gunbroker account. now i have bought 3 guns in 3 days i think i have a problem. i think i might have to block that website. there any more gun addicted folks on here maybe we could start some kind of support group. to help us cope with are problem. my name is Dakota Psycho and i am addicted to guns.

I also had that same problem to the tune of four Bisley Vaqueros, an 1887, and a Stoeger SXS. Everything I use to shoot SASS save my 1892 so I guess in that sense it was OK as I have not gone beyond my basic SASS guns, but still it is very tempting none the less. Smithy.

I don't view it as a problem, more of a Magnificent Obsession.

Fingers (aka Man with many Colt's) McGee

Just remember there is no such thing as too many guns, just not enough money. Watch, as Col. Dan says, watch for critical gun mass. :wacko:

i made the mistake of starting a gunbroker account. now i have bought 3 guns in 3 days i think i have a problem. i think i might have to block that website. there any more gun addicted folks on here maybe we could start some kind of support group. to help us cope with are problem. my name is Dakota Psycho and i am addicted to guns.

Well at least you can admit that you have a problem that is the first step. But really it could be worse you could be addicted to cheap beer and cigars, (oops) maybe you haven't come around to admitting that yet. :wacko: Hope to see you at our indoor shoot in February, all this white stuff is getting old and it's only the middle of December. Mick

I have an even bigger problem...I passed this addiction on to my son, now that I think of it, it's his problem now, not mine :wacko:

I have found that an empty bank account cures that real quick.

And it SUCKS.

Enjoy your new irons.

Yep Dakota, you'll find your affliction is self-regulating as Grizzly Dave says. There is a 44 SPL chambered '66

I been watchin' for a week now. Done turned over the couch, pulled the seats outta the cars, and checked all my trouser and jacket pockets - guess it just ain't meant be! :wacko:

The real problem as I see it, your only buying 1 a day. It works much better to buy in pairs. The only problem then is how do you get a bigger safe into the house without your wife noticing?

Randy

become unemplyed

then relize---that aint going to change where you live for a long time

that stopped me in my tracks :blink:

I took care of my problem. The way I explained it to my wife is, "Honey, I'm a member of the Gun-of-the-Month Club." :blink:

I have found that it helps to follow this simple rule: "Don't buy more guns than you can clean." :ph34r:

I have also long ago discovered that rules were made to be broken. :blink:

Good luck with all that.

Cheers,

FJT

but you saved 500 bucks.

I think we could all go to this gun anonymous. would it be a six step program. since we are single action. i dont want to get to many categories. maybe we could set up some kinda thing where we shoot. other peoples guns that we dont own so we wont have to buy them ourselfs.

but you saved 500 bucks.

I think we could all go to this gun anonymous. would it be a six step program. since we are single action. i dont want to get to many categories. maybe we could set up some kinda thing where we shoot. other peoples guns that we dont own so we wont have to buy them ourselfs.

That won't work Dakota, once you shoot their gun, then you will want one too, will make it worse :D ........I don't think there is or ever will a cure except the lack of funds......and being Cowboys, we most times figure out to get by that :blink: .......instead of putting money in an IRA, I put it into my gun safe :FlagAm: ...it is an investment you know :FlagAm:

I have found that it helps to follow this simple rule: "Don't buy more guns than you can clean." :D

I have also long ago discovered that rules were made to be broken. :blink:

Good luck with all that.

Cheers,

FJT

Can clean over what period of time? I can still clean all of mine in 1 day.

Ah, the danger of surfing the auction sites. So many cool toys, and the bug bites deep. The fingers uncontrollably gravitate towards the "bid now" button, and then you wait to see if some scoundrel with deeper pockets outbids you.

Then the auction closes, and you realize there's a difference between the pretenders and the contenders.

The Gunrunner site just had a few nice pieces go ... a 1897 Winchester 20" riot gun for $870; a 1873 Winchester Musket for $7,000; a 1865 Spencer for $8,510; and a 1894 Deluxe Winchester for $16,830.

I have it bad also. But cant get the ones I want this week because I cant sell three I dont want.I am just trying to get my fix for the week.My name is Pit Bull Tex and I am a gun addict. I am 67 and have been a addict for 58 years.I started on cowboy guns when I was a boy and got into the hard stuff like the big cal. bolt action stuff then when to semi-auto stuff now I have slipped back to what started it all cowboy stuff. I need a fix really bad.Got the shakes all ready.

Archived