SASS Wire Forum

SASS 2011 California Black Powder Shootout

Just George SASS 68097

That's right. We're Back! With even more :blush:BLACK! :blink:

For the second year in a row the Robbers Roost Vigilantes will host the SASS 2011 California Black Powder Shootout.

Please refer to the SASS Events wire at 2011 0513 for all the details.

Just George

Match Director

Greetings fire.

The application has been posted on our web site, registration is now OPEN! Please refer to the SASS Events Wire, at 2011 0513 for more information and the link to the Robbers Roost Vigilantes web site.

The :mellow:2011 SASS California Black Powder Shootout ;) and the 5th annual Resurrection at Robbers Roost. May 13th and 14th, 2011 in Ridgecrest, CA.

A combination BP and smokeless powder shootout the entire family can enjoy together. With 2-days of shooting, a 3-stage BP night shoot and free camping on the range you just can't go wrong.

Just George

Match Director

I will be there unless I can't! :blink: Makin smoke, gunning for that dastardly Neevadian Box Herder!

Mad Dog Jack, are you callin' out :ph34r:Sheep Dip DAMMIT? :P aka Box Herder!

Now this is starting to sound like the Pahrump Twinkie against the California Cup Cake blast off at our

Defend the Roost annual in November.

I've heard that all's far in love and war. And Sheep Dip DAMMIT , that pesky Neeevadian, says he's got some powerfull new BP loads for the night shoot!

This will be some show, for sure!

Now if we could just get that even peskier :ph34r:Philly Slim to wonder up some BP it would indeed be even more fun.

Do ya think ya can whoop both of em? Together! At the same time?

Just (wanna watch) George

Mad Dog Jack,

Sheep Dip Dammit says he is ready, willing and ABLE to soak your :rolleyes: powder :unsure: down with real Sheep Dip and really show you how it's done! ;)

I think he said something like, BRING HIM ON!

Just (gotta watch this one) George

Well, I am pretty sure I can beat BOTH of them if I tie both hands behind their backs. Pretty sure. Looking forward to getting together with you all again...

Well there is at least one good thing coming from all the rain we have had here. Our new berms are getting a real good soaking and should be in prime condition by May.

Applications are up and registration is open.

Check the SASS Events Wire at 2011 0513 for all the information needed.

Just George

Match Director

Greetings all, and happy New Year.

Planning for this shoot is in full swing. We are getting ready for you!

Check the SASS Events Wire at 2011 0513 for all the information needed.

Or, you can go here.....Robbers Roost Vigilantes

Just George

Match Director

760-677-9109

• 3 weeks later...

Applications are coming in and we getting ready for the :)SASS 2011 California Black Powder Shootout. :P We have added a new long range Buffalo Hunt side match. Targets are at 400, 500 and 600 yards. Categories include BP and smokeless.

Check out all the information on the SASS Events Wire in May.

Just George

Match Director.

• 2 months later...

Greetings all.................

With just over a month to go this event is looking real good.

Range clean-up/Fix-up is scheduled and we are about ready for you.

With 2-days and 1-night of shooting, black powder or smokeless powder, this is an event you really don't want to miss. Lots of FREE side matches and a $40.00 Main Match fee.

Plenty of free camping, great food and outstanding stages.

Sure hope to see you here.

Just George

Match Director

Well my old dark side friend Mad Dog- boy do I have my 1858 primed and ready with some real flame thrower loads.

I might even load some 80 grain shotgun shells for you as a reminder of the fun we had last time at George's place.

I will even bring over the border from Neeeevada the coveted Wyatt Earp Californian commode seat award for you to try out.

It will be great to be back at George's place and see all my old black powder friends.

I do not think that Philly takes to our type of fun. He is still using the new but passing fad powder but does a real impressive double duelist. If we dip him in the sheep tank do you think the conversion will take?

See you soon buddy.

Sheep Dip Dammit

AKA Box Herder- The Nevadan

Well Box Herder, the call out has been made! And I thought you looked VERY good sitting on you new seat!

We've added some new and interesting twists to the stages and some lights that will really knock your socks off!

We could use that Philly Slim feller for reflection reasons! Things are shaping up and we are lookin' forward

to a real knockdown State Championship :ph34r: Black Powder :ph34r: shoot.

The night shoot will have all the trimmings and the :ph34r: DAMMITS :ph34r: will be proud!

Those folks shooting the Resurrection part of the shoot with "that other new powder" :wacko: will be pleased as well.

Don't forget your long range rifle. With targets out to 600 yards the Great Buffalo Hunt will be something else! :D

Just George

:ph34r: Actually, I don't think our sheepdip tank is BIG enough for Philly.....

But he's welcome anyway. We can always rig up a sprayer :lol:

We actually have a photo of Philly Slim his self, stuffed into the Neeevada Sheep Dip Tank! I didn't even need the wide angle lens! :rolleyes:

Come to think of it, we also have another Neeevada Sheep Dip Tank photo of another pesky Neeevadian, Red Rock, IN ONLY HIS TOWEL, in the tank! :blink:

Just (gotta love that tank) George

Archived