SASS Wire Forum

Bond Arms Derringer

Shooting Bull

The missus just bought herself a Bond and would like to put a lighter mainspring in it to ease cocking. I've checked Brownell's and Wolff but can't find them. Anybody got a line on where to get lighter mainsprings for a Bond Arms Cowboy Special?

The missus just bought herself a Bond and would like to put a lighter mainspring in it to ease cocking. I've checked Brownell's and Wolff but can't find them. Anybody got a line on where to get lighter mainsprings for a Bond Arms Cowboy Special?

Good question, I'd also like to know.Rye :blush:

Hey PS, get a 1911 hammer spring and trim it down and you will be very happy with the out come IF your carefull.

Don't change a thing if this Bond is for self defense :blush:

Cheers,

LG

Oh great, I gotta be careful. Thanks a LOT. :blink:

Nope, strictly for side matches. :blink:

Call Bond arms and speak with Charlie, tell him your a cowboy shooter and need a competion main spring. (817) 573-4445. He will have one on the way when you hang the phone up.

Merry Christmas,

Slick

Slick, you are the MAN! Just hung up from talking to Charlie and the new spring is on the way. I even TRIED to give him some money and he wouldn't hear of it.

Thanks again.

Slick, you are the MAN! Just hung up from talking to Charlie and the new spring is on the way. I even TRIED to give him some money and he wouldn't hear of it.

Thanks again.

Philly, I'm so happy for you I don't know how to express it! New light weight springs.

At least you can HAVE a Bond in Neeevada. My Davis will have to do until I can find a used Bond. OK to buy a used one here. Just not a new one!

Now THAT'S the kind of good news I was lookin' for. :blush:

Lumpy, are you serious? You've even met my wife, you should know she didn't come by the alias Sour Kraut by being happy an cheerful. :blink:

Ahhhh, C'mon now, you KNOW I'm the nicest person I know. And remember, SOUR Kraut -- it's not just a heritage, it's a disposition

Ahhhh, C'mon now, you KNOW I'm the nicest person I know. And remember, SOUR Kraut -- it's not just a heritage, it's a disposition

I love youuuuuuuuu

(Is it safe to come home?)

I love youuuuuuuuuuu

(Or should I be calling Jake to see if he's got a spare sofa for me to sleep on?)

I love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

:blush:

When I bought mine about 3 years ago I called and asked for a lighter mainspring. They sent it at no charge and the guy I spoke with even told me how to make the tool needed to change it out using a wide flat blade screwdriver. You need one with a blade wide enough to cut a notch in to fit around the strut the spring is around. I used an extra old Craftsman stubby I had lying around. It still requires a little effort to cock, but much better than the stock spring.

Call Bond arms and speak with Charlie, tell him your a cowboy shooter and need a competion main spring. (817) 573-4445. He will have one on the way when you hang the phone up.

Merry Christmas,

Slick

Great info thanks Slick, Rye

Archived