SASS Wire Forum

"The Annual Rattlesnake Award" was anounced by....

Ghost, SASS #50125

Colt Faro, asking no credit or praise, anounced the "Rattlesnake Award" in honor of his son, Rattlesnake, in a heart warming and misty eyed ceremony at the Oakwood Outlaws, their home club, this past weekend.

Colt said that Rattlesnake came up with the idea to reconize and help young shooters enjoy the game we all enjoy, Cowboy Action Shooting. Rattlesnake's idea was to award a young shooter with a brand new double holster and shotgun belt made by his father, Colt Faro.

The first receipient of the Annual Rattlesnake Award, chosen by Rattlesnake, was Kid Ghost. The only way I can relate to you how Kid Ghost felt upon receiving this award is, do you remember when you got your first capgun and holster set for Christmas?

This is not the first youngster Colt has helped. Colt and Rattlesnake bring their neighbor's son, Wild Guy, to shoots when ever they can.

Hats off to Colt and Rattlesnake and may God bless you!

Ghost

That is pretty special! :lol:

Takes a forward thinkin young person, to come up with that.

Well done, Rattle Snake!

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Oklahoma Dee

Thanks for sharing this Ghost.

I remember when Rattlesnake first started shooting a few years ago. Boy he's really gotten fast.

Check him out on the video of Comin' at 'Cha 2010

There's a thirty minute film about Comin' at 'Cha 2010 posted on the net. It was shown by a Texarkana outdoors TV show. It shows some shooters y'all probably know, and some of the stages. Here is the link:

http://arklatexsportsman.com/

Oh, yeah, be sure to look for "Tarantula" Jack....

Ghost, Dee, Possum, Slick and Lorelei Thank You all for the kind words! This was in no way intended to be about me or anything I do. It's about our sport and it's future. It's also about the kids. This sport has given me so much over the last six years I just want more people to know the joy, friendships and confidence it's given me and Rattlesnake.

I didn't do a very good job Saturday morning of saying everything that was in my mind. My emotions get the best of me and it makes it difficult to remember all I really wanted to say. I had most of my thoughts written down and this is what they were.

Good morning everyone! All of you who know me know that I've always had a little side kick with me. It's been a challenge as well as a blessing. Rattlesnake started in this sport with me when he was only 5 years old. Now at 11 he's become a very good and knowledgable shooter. In fact he's forcing me to stay on top of my game. I feel very fortunate to have been able to share this sport with him and I know we are better people for having this sport in our lives.

Now if we look around ourselves out here there isn't very many young shooters. I think this is just wrong! I think if we love this sport and don't want it to die off over time, we need to do more to get more young people involved. I would challenge all of us to do our part to support the future of this sport by introducing as many young people as possible. This message should be carried out throughout SASS. I want to do my part by supporting and introducing new people as well. Every year in December I will give away a complete gun rig and shotgun belt to a buckaroo or young gun shooter. Whoever wants to contact me about who they think should get a rig please let me know anytime during the year. I will provide at least one per year and probably more. This should be a step in the right direction to help promote our sport and keep our sport alive.

I have to give credit to my son Rattlesnake Wrangler for coming up with this idea and a special thanks to him for stepping up and being a real living example of "The Cowboy Way". This rig will be known as "The Rattlesnake Wrangler Youth Sponsorship Rig"

end Rattlesnake said he wanted to do something to get more people involved in this sport because he enjoys it so much. He told me that with the lack of young people involved he didn't think it would be around for his kids someday. He also said he didn't want it to be something he told his kids about but rather he wants it to be something he shares with them like I shared it with him. Now folks, that's some pretty heavy forsight for an 11 year old wouldn't you say!!!

Now I don't know if all that got out Saturday morning but that's what was intended along with anouncing Kid Ghost as the first recipient. During the weekend I spoke with a couple of vendors and they thought it was a great idea too and they want to something as well.

Thanks again everyone and lets get this message out and pay this thing forward. Remember.... In order to keep it you have to give it away!!!

COLT

Ghost, Dee, Possum, Slick and Lorelei Thank You all for the kind words! This was in no way intended to be about me or anything I do. It's about our sport and it's future. It's also about the kids. This sport has given me so much over the last six years I just want more people to know the joy, friendships and confidence it's given me and Rattlesnake.

I didn't do a very good job Saturday morning of saying everything that was in my mind. My emotions get the best of me and it makes it difficult to remember all I really wanted to say. I had most of my thoughts written down and this is what they were.

Good morning everyone! All of you who know me know that I've always had a little side kick with me. It's been a challenge as well as a blessing. Rattlesnake started in this sport with me when he was only 5 years old. Now at 11 he's become a very good and knowledgable shooter. In fact he's forcing me to stay on top of my game. I feel very fortunate to have been able to share this sport with him and I know we are better people for having this sport in our lives.

Now if we look around ourselves out here there isn't very many young shooters. I think this is just wrong! I think if we love this sport and don't want it to die off over time, we need to do more to get more young people involved. I would challenge all of us to do our part to support the future of this sport by introducing as many young people as possible. This message should be carried out throughout SASS. I want to do my part by supporting and introducing new people as well. Every year in December I will give away a complete gun rig and shotgun belt to a buckaroo or young gun shooter. Whoever wants to contact me about who they think should get a rig please let me know anytime during the year. I will provide at least one per year and probably more. This should be a step in the right direction to help promote our sport and keep our sport alive.

I have to give credit to my son Rattlesnake Wrangler for coming up with this idea and a special thanks to him for stepping up and being a real living example of "The Cowboy Way". This rig will be known as "The Rattlesnake Wrangler Youth Sponsorship Rig"

end Rattlesnake said he wanted to do something to get more people involved in this sport because he enjoys it so much. He told me that with the lack of young people involved he didn't think it would be around for his kids someday. He also said he didn't want it to be something he told his kids about but rather he wants it to be something he shares with them like I shared it with him. Now folks, that's some pretty heavy forsight for an 11 year old wouldn't you say!!!

Now I don't know if all that got out Saturday morning but that's what was intended along with anouncing Kid Ghost as the first recipient. During the weekend I spoke with a couple of vendors and they thought it was a great idea too and they want to something as well.

Thanks again everyone and lets get this message out and pay this thing forward. Remember.... In order to keep it you have to give it away!!!

COLT

Ya done just fine Saturday morning Colt, even through it was a little hard to see each other. :mellow:

Ghost

Colt I know you are very proud of your son. Take some one with some insite to see what a gift like that would mean to a young boy or girl that doesn't have a way of getting a nice rig like you make. God bless you and rattlesnake. I know the young person is still grinning. Pit Bull

Archived