SASS Wire Forum

Will have a new shooting partner next year

Smokey Shayne

I will have a new side kick with me at a few matches next year. Thanks to the generosity of a good pard, Calhoun Kid, my youngest daughter, 7 yo, will start shooting next year. He presented her with a pair of pistols for her birthday this weekend. She was really surprised to see her own pistols in those boxes. I took her out today and let her shoot a few rounds thru them and you couldnt get the smile off her face. She has been my reloading partner for about the last year or so.....probably the only 1st grader in her school that knows step by step how to prepare brass for reloading.

So for Christmas I am real sure she will be recieving new boots, hat, shirts etc. I was hoping to outfit her with a rifle then as well, but just found out that I will be getting laid off from work next week, so the rifle will have to wait a while longer.....but thats fine, that will give us plenty of time to get her safely shooting the pistols. Already have her a single shot 410 that we will be cutting down next week to fit her.

Anyway, if you run into us at a match next year, be sure to say hello. I will be proud to introduce you to......???? still havent decided on an alias yet

Thanks again to Calhoun Kid and his family for their generosity

That is so cool.

My 10 year old daughter Desert Scorpion :lol: has been shooting with me and it has been a joy to be with her.

Tho - I warn you, her 1st clean match will have tears in your eyes - You will be willing those bullets to ding with every shot on the last stage.

Whatever her alias is - let her know that there are folks that she has never even met that are proud of her.

And if she has Facebook or the like - shoot me a PM and we will get her hooked up with my daughter so they can exchange strategies for beating their dads.

Ain't it COOL?

My one grandson is a few years away from it maturity wise. The other is only three and may get there sooner, but my son started shooting regularly with me this year and is already makin' me look bad :blush: so I'm happy for now.

Glad to hear the news, she could not have a better teacher than you. Looking forward to shooting with .........? :blush: Lily Bleu has been shooting with me since she was 5 and I would not take anything for the past 3 yrs(now 8). It is something the both of you will always keep close to heart.

Merry Christmas,

Slick

Shayne. Bring her new years day and I will bring a little marlin 22. I have not cut it down but she can shoot it if you wish. even if she dont shoot in a posse she can shoot the 22. Pit Bull

Creeker..not sure I will be able to handle her having her first clean match, its going to be tough enough just to see the smile on her face after her first match

Colt..congrats to you for having such a good shooting partner, just hope mine sticks with me that long

Grizz....wished I had found it sooner myself, my older daus might would have gotten involved a little more as well

Blackwater...it truly is a family sport, always enjoy seeing the families shooting together

Slick...you and Lily have been an inspiration to me. Its always great seeing the 2 of you shooting together. Pretty sure if it wasnt for seeing Lily enjoying herself as much as she does, and seeing the pride in your face, I probably wouldnt have considered trying this so soon

Ike...she has a pair of American Heritage with the Birdshead grips. They fit her real well

Pit Bull...thanks for the offer, but not going to take her to any matches just yet. Still need to work with her a little more.

Cajun Queen..Im not sure if she will be ready by then or not. But if she has progressed far enough to safely shoot, I am sure she will be there. If not, her first big match debut may be at our annual here in May.

Allie Mo... I am sure there will be plenty of pics on FB once she gets started. Speaking of which, I need to put up some from when she got the pistols.

Sorry to hear about the job. Time off is great, unless there's no money...been there, done that...

But congrats on having a kid who's anxious to shoot with you. My daughters liked to go to the range with me, but didn't show much inclination to shoot. My son is almost 8 - I'll drag him along first chance I get!

Alias: Is anybody using Kay Peso?

Archived