SASS Wire Forum

New Shooters Clinic results

Possum Skinner, SASS#60697

Gave our first new shooters clinic yesterday after our match. I believe it went well and was favorably received. We had 5 attendees who've never shot CAS, a couple who have shot, but are very new and several veterans who sat in as support and so they could give it later themselves. It lasted approximately 2 hours with some extra time spent visiting afterwards.

A big thank you goes out to my SASS pards who made my preparation for this MUCH easier and more complete.

Possum

Possum, I think all enjoyed the clinic,I know I did.Very nice job.

....and that my friend is why we are proud of you as a Jedi Gunfighter. I know that there are many clubs that do this and all of us should be working it into our program. Our club does it in an informal way in that the MD or other cowboy will take shooters to the side and work with them, but a more structured/scheduled/posted type of class or orientation would be great.

Keep up the good work....hope to meet you down the trail.....

KK

That type of thing is why you are one of the nicest guys in SASS and I'm glad to be able to shoot with you and the rest of your pards. I'm calling Dave today for my reservations for Bayou Blast. Take Care Fairshake

The clinic was very informative, and well put on. Possum covered all the bases and them some. Questions answered well. This was given after our Christmas shoot. We had a potluck dinner and then Possum went to work. Very well done, with practice senario, then dry fire, and finally live fire. Alot of shooters had never shot Cowboy guns, so this was really great. Thanks again Possum, and I appreciate the review. Great for veterans also, as we tend to get a little forgetful sometimes.

Capt Hill

Gave our first new shooters clinic yesterday after our match. I believe it went well and was favorably received. We had 5 attendees who've never shot CAS, a couple who have shot, but are very new and several veterans who sat in as support and so they could give it later themselves. It lasted approximately 2 hours with some extra time spent visiting afterwards.

A big thank you goes out to my SASS pards who made my preparation for this MUCH easier and more complete.

Possum

Possum

The time was well spent to put this on and it was a privelage to be able to help you with it. Good job.

Texas Gator

Archived