SASS Wire Forum

Looking for good TG's Any left...

Clyde

Why the Proxy vote? Why cant all the TG's just E Mail or Snail Mail there clubs votes. Or is that just toooo EZ? ....Bandit

That way we would possibly hear from MOST of the clubs not just a few.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why the Proxy vote? Why cant all the TG's just E Mail or Snail Mail there clubs votes. Or is that just toooo EZ? ....Bandit

That way we would possibly hear from MOST of the clubs not just a few.

They can. I emailed the votes for the two clubs I represent to Hipshot and he submitted them as I directed. He was my proxy. Think of it as an absentee vote.

It's easy to do. Clubs that were not represented should fire their TGs.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

They can. I emailed the votes for the two clubs I represent to Hipshot and he submitted them as I directed. He was my proxy. Think of it as an absentee vote.

It's easy to do. Clubs that were not represented should fire their TGs.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

+1 Gave ours to Hipshot.

Guest Cinch, SASS#29433
Frankly, none of this amounts to anything so long as a club with 10 members has the same influence as a club with 500.

Cheers!

:(

They have this in congress... and a bunch of liberals on the east coast can decide if I have a National Park in my back yard in Utah.

What happens if you have a club of 20 and 15 of the shooters are really on top of their game and know there equipment inside and out, and then you have a club of 500 and 400 of these club members are the types that load squibs and really cause an RO to be on their toes... why should they hold more sway than my club?

Just wonderin?

They have this in congress... and a bunch of liberals on the east coast can decide if I have a National Park in my back yard in Utah.

What happens if you have a club of 20 and 15 of the shooters are really on top of their game and know there equipment inside and out, and then you have a club of 500 and 400 of these club members are the types that load squibs and really cause an RO to be on their toes... why should they hold more sway than my club?

Just wonderin?

All members carry the same...rights...so to speak. Now don't y'all get all up-ity on me about this being a private org...I know that...duh. But if the WB is allowing TG summits to define our game, then they should reorganize the voting system to a weighted system.

Besides, the big club in your example still has 7x the number of "on top of their game" members.

Just wonderin?

Cinch,

Don't loose any sleep over it. The same subject comes up every year and usually from the same few cowboys.

Cinch,

Don't loose any sleep over it. The same subject comes up every year and usually from the same few cowboys.

Oh...excuss me!

Yeah...the system is great...it wonderful...don't try and make changes to make it better...noooooooo.

Just a "few" cowboys making noise.

Oy!!!!

Frankly, none of this amounts to anything so long as a club with 10 members has the same influence as a club with 500.

Cheers!

None of this amounts to anything so long as a TG may vote any way they choose without accountability.

Until the votes of every TG are made public (linked with the club(s) they represent) - the process is meaningless.

This is a total waste of time. While its fantastic that some folks are willing to go to Vegas and spend their money, if we dont know HOW they voted, its a JOKE. If you think people dont vote the way THEY feel, not what their CLUB feels, I got some HOPE AND CHANGE for ya. So, we can go on with this farse, or demand change. Oh yeah, I know its SASS'S show, and they can do whatever blah blah blah, but they do it with OUR money, so that dont float. If your customers want a change, a good store changes, or goes out of business. Think I'll go golfin

hud (flame away)

This is a total waste of time. While its fantastic that some folks are willing to go to Vegas and spend their money, if we dont know HOW they voted, its a JOKE. If you think people dont vote the way THEY feel, not what their CLUB feels, I got some HOPE AND CHANGE for ya. So, we can go on with this farse, or demand change. Oh yeah, I know its SASS'S show, and they can do whatever blah blah blah, but they do it with OUR money, so that dont float. If your customers want a change, a good store changes, or goes out of business. Think I'll go golfin

hud (flame away)

Hey!

Listen to those lovely crickets...whoa! Look out for them tumblin' tumbleweeds!

PS: Leave the 1 Iron at home...not even god can hit a 1 Iron.

None of this amounts to anything so long as a TG may vote any way they choose without accountability.

Until the votes of every TG are made public (linked with the club(s) they represent) - the process is meaningless.

This sport stresses "The cowboy way" but the TGs are not to be trusted?

i personally find some of this very offensive.

i take my time and spend my money to represent my club and voted against my personal feelings because my members feel differently than i.

i am also a member of multiple clubs as are many SASS members. charlie if you want votes per club size, push for exclusive memberships first. one sass badge-one sass vote. you know as well as i, that half of the cowboys members are members of at least one other club from ventura to san diego and i sat next to IJ while he cast 7 votes for the his club and 6 proxies. i watched him pull out his instructions and cast for and against as instructed in spite of his personal desires.

how many clubs do you pay dues to?

on the other hand i agree with Snakebite that theres a problem with the proxy process as there were 4 or 5 TGs with proxies for 1/3 of the votes and many of them were told to vote how they wanted.

while not a reflection of the TG, it is a poor reflection of the clubs that do so.

CC

Guest Cinch, SASS#29433
PS: Leave the 1 Iron at home...not even god can hit a 1 Iron.

Nicklaus hit one into the wind back in 73(?) and hit the flag stick... what does this mean?

I agree with trust but verify, mostly because Reagan said it...

My TG calls me and asks what I think if the language changes during the meeting...

I remember last year when he called and said the "cone of baloney" had been defeated and that extra time had been used to show the TG's that a shooter could wander all over creation with their gun outta their holster as long as it was pointed in a safe direction :(

i personally find some of this very offensive.

i take my time and spend my money to represent my club and voted against my personal feelings because my members feel differently than i.

i am also a member of multiple clubs as are many SASS members. charlie if you want votes per club size, push for exclusive memberships first. one sass badge-one sass vote. you know as well as i, that half of the cowboys members are members of at least one other club from ventura to san diego and i sat next to IJ while he cast 7 votes for the his club and 6 proxies. i watched him pull out his instructions and cast for and against as instructed in spite of his personal desires.

how many clubs do you pay dues to?

on the other hand i agree with Snakebite that theres a problem with the proxy process as there were 4 or 5 TGs with proxies for 1/3 of the votes and many of them were told to vote how they wanted.

while not a reflection of the TG, it is a poor reflection of the clubs that do so.

CC

Fascinating position...why exclusive memberships?

Also, if you're taking this personally, then perhaps you need to re-evaluate your position.

I find it laughable that TG's are so demanding of secrecy.

Also, what do you care about how many clubs I belong to??? I can tell ya I belong to some as far as 190 miles away. So don't get all rightious on me.

Nicklaus hit one into the wind back in 73(?) and hit the flag stick... what does this mean?

I agree with trust but verify, mostly because Reagan said it...

My TG calls me and asks what I think if the language changes during the meeting...

I remember last year when he called and said the "cone of baloney" had been defeated and that extra time had been used to show the TG's that a shooter could wander all over creation with their gun outta their holster as long as it was pointed in a safe direction ;)

Actually, the one iron was one of my favority clubs back when I wanted to make a living at the game...and JN was my hero...but Lee Travino cracked me up!

put your attitude back in the holster for a change. i am not getting rightous on you. you just validated my point. you want multiple votes for larger clubs but you just verified that you are already get multiple votes by paying dues at multiple clubs. if you want reps to reflect club size than the club size should reflect one shooter one time. i live in riverside and work in san berdoo but i dont get to vote in both counties.

what secrecy? you want the votes public? i dont know of anybody whos against it and personally i'm all for it!!

my club voted yes yes no and yes/dontcare.

i would only guess its a logistics issue of logging all of the votes by club into a data bank.

CC

put your attitude back in the holster for a change. i am not getting rightous on you. you just validated my point. you want multiple votes for larger clubs but you just verified that you are already get multiple votes by paying dues at multiple clubs. if you want reps to reflect club size than the club size should reflect one shooter one time. i live in riverside and work in san berdoo but i dont get to vote in vote both counties.

what secrecy? i dont know of anybody whos against it and personally i'm all for it!!

my club voted yes yes no and yes/dontcare.

i would only guess its a logistics issue of getting logging all of the votes by club into a data bank.

CC

Okay kettle.

And you've got to be kidding if you think that there aren't any TG's against showing the vote.

To say that TG's are all trustworthy is silly...I personally know of one that has cheated at a large match...

Trust but Verify...yep!

I find it laughable that TG's are so demanding of secrecy.

Now come on, you can't possibly believe that we rank and file TG's give a rats hind end if you know how we vote. SASS collects those votes and counts them, then gives us the results. I too would like to know who voted what, but I ain't the one keeping it from you. In other words, there are only a few people who know how someone voted. The clubs I represented were Lone Star Frontier Shooting Club and Old Fort Parker Patriots. They voted for everything except FP voted against FCGF. This is what was reflected in my proxy, and I have faith that how my votes were cast by the man that carried them for me.

Guest Cinch, SASS#29433
Actually, the one iron was one of my favority clubs back when I wanted to make a living at the game...and JN was my hero...but Lee Travino cracked me up!

I would love to golf with Trevino... thats gotta be alot of fun right there!!

I belong to maybe 5 clubs right now and heard a different explanation of the TG items at each one :huh:

This may be some of the problem and could explain why a TG may change his or her vote at the convention, but they sure oughta come back and explain to their club how they voted and why...

The above kinda makes me wonder about the proxy voting ;)

Now come on, you can't possibly believe that we rank and file TG's give a rats hind end if you know how we vote. SASS collects those votes and counts them, then gives us the results. I too would like to know who voted what, but I ain't the one keeping it from you. In other words, there are only a few people who know how someone voted. The clubs I represented were Lone Star Frontier Shooting Club and Old Fort Parker Patriots. They voted for everything except FP voted against FCGF. This is what was reflected in my proxy, and I have faith that how my votes were cast by the man that carried them for me.

Of course I don't believe that most give a rats a$$.

Fact is that it's not the most important issue...for me, if SASS truly want to know (ie: Market Info), what their customer's want, then it should be one vote per member. It's not all that difficult to do if you want to do it.

If I were the Director of Marketing, this is what I'd put as #1 on my agenda. But thank god I'm not...there, I saved a lot of you the time and effort of responding to this :(

Guest Cinch, SASS#29433
The clubs I represented were Lone Star Frontier Shooting Club and Old Fort Parker Patriots. They voted for everything except FP voted against FCGF.

Those clubs voted against FCGF!!

I will never shoot there!!!

Just kiddin!! :( maybe thats why its kinda on the low low...

I would love to golf with Trevino... thats gotta be alot of fun right there!!

I belong to maybe 5 clubs right now and heard a different explanation of the TG items at each one ;)

This may be some of the problem and could explain why a TG may change his or her vote at the convention, but they sure oughta come back and explain to their club how they voted and why...

The above kinda makes me wonder about the proxy voting :(

The nicest guy that I've ever had the opportunity to kick back with a share some words was ChiChi...what a great person!

well pot, i'm ok with kettle, :(

i didnt say there arent any, i said i dont know any. i also dont believe everyone is trustworthy, but i can tell you that the TGs I have voted for i trusted. if you know someone (tg or otherwise) who thinks the results of this game are more important than what people think of them than thats too bad for them.

i just dont like the faceless bashing because the results dont make sense to many of us.

CC

Those clubs voted against FCGF!!

I will never shoot there!!!

Just kiddin!! ;) maybe thats why its kinda on the low low...

No, just one of them voted against. The talk was about too many categories, etc.

Come on out and we'll go shoot some of them golf's. Do we need a license for them? :(

"To say that TG's are all trustworthy is silly...I personally know of one that has cheated at a large match..."

And another thing. I know several shooters who are not TG's that have cheated at large matches, so should I paint all the citizens with one brush?

:( Too me the only rifle in B Western should be a '92,never seen a Burgess or '94 Marlin in any Western.

Regards AO

They were showing Reruns of Wagon Train on the local station here in Dallas - Ft Worth. they used a lot of Marlins in that one. in one gunfight the bad guy had a Marlin shooting at Gil Favor...then they cut away and then back to the bad guy and now he was shooting a 73....then when they killed the bad guy Rowdy Yates picked up the bad guys rifle and he was now holding a Marlin...One of those new "Pre-Production model changing rigs" I am sure.

anyway I have a Burgess and shoot B Western...The Burgess is slower to operate and I will continue to use my Marlin in matches...(and lose my shells out the front of the stage)

No, just one of them voted against. The talk was about too many categories, etc.

Come on out and we'll go shoot some of them golf's. Do we need a license for them? :(

Nope - open season all year long!

;)

"To say that TG's are all trustworthy is silly...I personally know of one that has cheated at a large match..."

And another thing. I know several shooters who are not TG's that have cheated at large matches, so should I paint all the citizens with one brush?

Of course not. The point that I was trying to make was that the arguement that we should just trust that our TG's are voting as told because you should trust your TG is silly.

:( Too me the only rifle in B Western should be a '92,never seen a Burgess or '94 Marlin in any Western.

Regards AO

I wish they had a rule about people from different categories deciding on what kind of guns that a certain category uses. I am sure that people running 66's or 73's would love that more people used 92's as they are slower (For the most part) I think that people competing in BW should be the ones who tell the TG how they like to vote on issues concerning thier category... I would not feel comfortable telling Classic Cowboy shooters how they should look and dress or shoot...

I wish they had a rule about people from different categories deciding on what kind of guns that a certain category uses. I am sure that people running 66's or 73's would love that more people used 92's as they are slower (For the most part) I think that people competing in BW should be the ones who tell the TG how they like to vote on issues concerning thier category... I would not feel comfortable telling Classic Cowboy shooters how they should look and dress or shoot...

This logic would only make sense if folks were confined to a specific category...but they are not. I don't shoot BW nor CC...but if I choose too I can.

:( Actually I would love for there to be more competition among the top ranks.I hate the way Shooting USA & sometimes Cowboys Tv depicts SASS as more of costume thing than a shooting sport.

Anyway,I would typically agree with you about voting on such items but as I said B westerns used 92's almost exclusively so thats the way I see it,but Burgess got voted in.Do I care ? not really.

Regards AO

Archived