SASS Wire Forum

Utah Bob update 12/11

Utah Bob #35998

Howdy Saloonaties,

This is Bob's wife, Carol. He wanted me to let you all know he is resting grumpily in the friendly confines of Southwest Memorial Hospital in Cortez. The sawbones are poking him and testing his patience. They have given up testing his IQ. They had him in to have his cat scanned Thursday and checked him into the luxury suite Friday. Hopefully he'll be out by mid-week or so, but it depends on how things go. He is most irritated because he hasn't done his xmas shopping yet. He has also requested that no gory details of his condition be released due to matters of national security. Ha Ha.

He wishes all of his friends here a most Joyous Christmas. He may write a pome if they take the tube out of his nose. Hopes to be back in the saloon very soon.

UPDATE 12/23

Howdy,

This is Carol again. I just saw the edit button.

UB is home today and feels much better. I'm sure he will feel like posting again soon. Thank you everyone for your good wishes and Merry Christmas!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the update, we kinda got the idea that something was going on, but Bob was being vague about it, now that we know it's a national security thing, it all makes sense :D

Prayers up for healing for Bob, wisdom for the doctors, and patience for the nurses.

Grizz

Now, ain't that just like UB to grit his teeth and send good wishes to the denizens of the Saloon~! :D

Carol, be sure to give 'im our best and let 'im know that he has lots of good thoughts and prayers sent his way... :FlagAm:

And we'll include a few words for the nurses in those prayers~! :FlagAm:

Utah Bob, get better soon!!!!!!!

I am mostly a lurker here but did shoot a Revenge match where he shot.He is lots of fun to be around.

I hope that his situation regarding National Securty isn't also the reason we do not have any snow here in southwest Colorado. If this is the case I may have to journey to Cortez and spring him from that institution and get this resolved.

Take care and get better soon!

U.B. - Been away awhile my ownself. Sorry to hear that you're ailing. Now quit harassing the nurses and get back here where ya belong. Don'cha know them hospitals is full o' sick folks? Ya might catch a cold or sumpin'!!

Oh, yeah - prayers up for quick healing and a very rapid recovery!

Howdy Saloonaties,

This is Bob's wife, Carol. He wanted me to let you all know he is resting grumpily in the friendly confines of Southwest Memorial Hospital in Cortez. The sawbones are poking him and testing his patience. They have given up testing his IQ. They had him in to have his cat scanned Thursday and checked him into the luxury suite Friday. Hopefully he'll be out by mid-week or so, but it depends on how things go. He is most irritated because he hasn't done his xmas shopping yet. He has also requested that no gory details of his condition be released due to matters of national security. Ha Ha.

He wishes all of his friends here a most Joyous Christmas. He may write a pome if they take the tube out of his nose. Hopes to be back in the saloon very soon.

Carol, you don't know me.. but I have had a lot of fun teasing your husband on this wire.. he is the kindest man, and I have really enjoyed his humor, his poems, and his wisdom. What I like a lot about Utahs is his sense of family, and sticking it out like the Cowboys did with their families and their jobs and lives.. Carol, you are a lucky woman with Utahs, but I have to say from your post he is a lucky man with you too!!! You are there beside him when he needs you, and you are on here talking to us with a sense of humor, and love in your heart for a man I call Utahs. I love Utahs, cuz he loves you .... and his family and the code of the west... I pray for him and for you.. but that is all I can do.. you seem to have the loving him all you can, and being there cuz you love him.. down really well... I totally love Ms. Utahs now.. thanks so much.. I dont' always get to see the women behind the men on this board, but often I think they are perfect in my minds heart.. like you are... Hugs.. Deja..

My best wishes for a speedy recovery. Hope he gets well soon enough to finish that Christmas list. Merry Christmas to you both. I will keep you and Bob in my thoughts and prayers.

Irish Tom

OK UB, sounds like yer gonna have all kindsa time on yer hands, what with the layin around the hospital and all. So there is gonna be a whole posse of Wire pards expectin the BEST EVER Christmas pome this year. Maybe even another one about yer hospital escapades thrown in for good measure. So leave the nurses alone and git busy on them pomes! :D:FlagAm:

Seriously though, hope all goes well. Fannie Kicker and I gots ya in our prayers!

p.s. Carol, thanks for the info and keep us informed. I'm sure ya know it but we kinda like havin ole Bob around this here Saloon and Wire.

I sure hope them nurses have enough security clearance ta go where no one should go with Utah :D

We'll be a prayen fer them nurses-doctors and especially fer Utah!

Hey Bob, hurry up and get out of there. We need you in the Saloon.

Just yesterday, while nobody was watching him, Grizz broke the tap on the beer keg. Now we are down to drinking the 20 year old hard stuff.

The guys up in Montana want to have a snow ball fight and the guys out here are all swiming

in the streets. Looks like the street scene from Open Range where the building fell down. It is a zoo in here.

We miss you Pard.

Utah Bob MARRIED??? WOW You mustbe a true Saint to put up with him all this time!! Seriously Bob is a dear dear friend and as the founder of BOLD he did us a great favor. Bob is a fun shooter and I was veryhappy to have him posse with me in Cortez last year.

Tell him to GEt Well Soon and all the best from us cowboys in Texas!

Guest Henry Horns SASS #19579L

You just give the word U.B. and we'll send Cavalry & stuff.

Get better soon, Pard.

Prayers up.

Henry & Hazel

UTAH BOB!!

GET WELL QUICK!!!

Schoolmarm and I Will keep you in our prayers.

Geez UB - get you arse back in the saddle for cry eye!!

Heard you were at McDonalds - if you can be there , you can be here!! :FlagAm:

Wishin' the best for ya!

GG ~ :D

Get well soon, Bob, I get more response from you when I run down Ford diesels than anybody else. Sides, hospital ain't no place ta spend Christmas. Remember, tha nurses ain't part of tha treatment plan :D

Ol Ub is in the hosp about 5 miles away from me. But I'll respect his privacy and stay away :FlagAm: He's keeping his malady under one of his many hats. :D Get well soon Bob and especially since Christams is soon to be here.

Don't frequent the Saloon so this is a surprise to me............... :D

Jewel & I sending prayers Bob's way for a speedy recovery.............. :FlagAm:

Gotta leave the Saloon now......my wife won't let me stay.................say's I get in to much trouble........ :FlagAm:

Regards......Wolf

Archived