SASS Wire Forum

China...

Wanted to buy a a particular item for someone for Christmas, and spent a goodly amount of time searching the 'net for just the right one...

Finally ordered it, and when it arrived, I was not surprised to find (although hopeful I wouldn't) the ubitiquous "Made in China" label. And a LARGE label, at that!

So now I'm sittin' here musing... pondering...

Is there ANYTHING of significance still manufactured in the good ol' US of A~? :(

I can think of a some firearms and a few high-end cookware brands, but beyond that... :ph34r:

And I'm tryin' not to be political... just askin' :)

It would be one of the best things that could happen to us if manufacturing would return to america. I would be more than willing to pay more for things made here

. Manufacturing left when it became apparent they could make more money by having something made overseas, investors demanded higher ernings, and consumers demanded "the best deal possible". I don't see things changing untill GREED goes away.

Ya, the very best!!!!

GI's

Marines

Airmen

Sailors

Coast Guard

God Bless each of them and thanks for thier service!!!!!

BH

Damn right! ;)

and yes there are still products made in the USA!

http://americansworking.com/

http://www.usamade.com/

http://www.madeinusa.org/

http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/

http://usmadeproducts.net/

http://www.findusmade.com/

GG ~ :(

Wanted to buy a a particular item for someone for Christmas, and spent a goodly amount of time searching the 'net for just the right one...

Finally ordered it, and when it arrived, I was not surprised to find (although hopeful I wouldn't) the ubitiquous "Made in China" label. And a LARGE label, at that!

Is there ANYTHING of significance still manufactured in the good ol' US of A~? :huh:

I can think of a some firearms and a few high-end cookware brands, but beyond that... ;)

And I'm tryin' not to be political... just askin' :(

Jack Daniels

Is there ANYTHING of significance still manufactured in the good ol' US of A~? :huh:

I can think of a some firearms and a few high-end cookware brands, but beyond that... ;)

And I'm tryin' not to be political... just askin' :(

Babies.

Steinway Pianos, made in Long Island,NY. Probably the best piano in the world.

Charles Walters Pianos. made in Indiana

Story and Clark (some models made in Pa. some in S.Korea)

Bach Stradivarious Trumpets, Elkhart, Ind........Kanstul trumpets, Calif..There's some more, mostly small custom makers. the big maker's low end/student horns are mostly from China now a days, and some out of Taiwan. :blush:

Made in the U.S. is a dying art for most things, and one of these days we're going to pay dearly because of it. things started going across the Pacific when the bean counters discovered how cheaply they could manufacture over there, plus expensive eco laws didn't apply over there. hardly any regulation...........Buck :blink:

Harley Davidson Motorcycles - York, Pa.

Honda minivans, suvs, pickups, and Accords - Lincoln, Al.

Mercedes SUVs - Vance, Al

Hyundai sedans and wagons - Montgomery, Al.

I was also reading the other day that a lot of the "Store brands" are made in the USA. It's worth taking a look at the label.

There are a lot of "smart" people out there that drive products to a commodity level. Once they do that or manufacturers allow their products to be come commodities, there is nothing left to differentiate their products other than price. Once a products volume reaches a certain threshold, the commodity buyers step in and start their "negotiations". We want to partner with you, we want to understand your business better. Horse hockey. They want to know what makes you and your products special so they can get someone else to quote on it and drive your costs down. They really don't care about your other customers, in fact they would like it better if they were your only customer because then you would be a captive (victim) supplier. It starts with any business when they start making higher volumes of products. It starts with the retailers and works its way down the purchasing/distribution chain.

There are a lot of goods we think are "Made in the USA" when they are only assembled in the USA from components brought in from off shore. Some of these companys have great PR departments. As long as we continue to give away our technology and what makes us different and our products better, we will be at the mercy of the next country that does not value its labor force or intelectual property.

Whew, that is more than I have said in a week.

BH and All,

Some of our "Very Best" were made in China, and became U.S. Citizens. Please let us not disrespect them.

Now for the other stuff here. I was thinkin the same thing this weekend. For the longest time I have been wanting to purchase only products made here, or only buy products from companies that support the 2nd Amendment. The problem is it is VERY HARD to find many things I want, that are made here, by companies I can support.

I am very upset that I can no longer buy Levis' I don't like the fit and feel of Wranglers, so I thought about some service clothes. Most of them are imported.

Work Boots, auto parts, clothing, Xmas decorations, household items, garden tools, all made somewhere else. What's a person to do?? I will pay for better quality, but it has to be available first.

"Honda minivans, suvs, pickups, and Accords - Lincoln, Al.

Mercedes SUVs - Vance, Al

Hyundai sedans and wagons - Montgomery, Al."

"There are a lot of goods we think are "Made in the USA" when they are only assembled in the USA from components brought in from off shore."

My opinion, if that matters, is MADE IN USA means designed, built, sold, in the USA(MONEY STAYS IN USA). :blush:

Honda, Mercedes, Hyndai - money goes home. Built in USA yes, Made in USA NO!

Honda, Mercedes, Hyndai - money goes home. Built in USA yes, Made in USA NO!

You might have a lively discussion with the tens of thousands of American workers employed at these plants. And for that matter, with the workers in foreign countries manufacturing cars for Ford and GM... :blink:

But in my neighborhood.....

The company at the link below happens to be a great client of mine, building high quality products for close to 30 years in Lee's Summit, MO.

Billy Goat Industries

Also:

The Lake City Ammunition Plant makes all the small cal ammo for the military in Independence, MO. They're a division of ATK which also makes our Federal brand ammo & components.

Harley Davidson Sportsters are made in North Kansas City, MO

Ford Escape and F-150 pickups are made at the Claycomo plant just northeast of Kansas City

GM's Fairfax assembly plant in Kansas City, KS makes the Chevy Malibu and Buick LaCrosse

:blush::blink:

Unless something has changed in the last year or so, Justin work boots are still made in the USA. They are real comfortable too!

BH and All,

Work Boots, I will pay for better quality, but it has to be available first.

Can't tell you who I work for, I would have to kill you... :blink: but we make a lot of the circuitry that goes in everyday appliances, automoblies, TVs, stereos and most importantly, many of the sockets and connectors for military guidiance systems. And when the govt. calls, they get their parts ahead of everybody else, as it should be... :blush:

Bach Stradivarious Trumpets, Elkhart, Ind........Kanstul trumpets, Calif..There's some more, mostly small custom makers. the big maker's low end/student horns are mostly from China now a days, and some out of Taiwan. :mellow:

Made in the U.S. is a dying art for most things, and one of these days we're going to pay dearly because of it. things started going across the Pacific when the bean counters discovered how cheaply they could manufacture over there, plus expensive eco laws didn't apply over there. hardly any regulation...........Buck ;)

Conn musical instruments, used to be King right up the street from me in Eastlake,Ohio

Bach Stradivarious Trumpets, Elkhart, Ind........Kanstul trumpets, Calif..There's some more, mostly small custom makers. the big maker's low end/student horns are mostly from China now a days, and some out of Taiwan. :mellow:

Made in the U.S. is a dying art for most things, and one of these days we're going to pay dearly because of it. things started going across the Pacific when the bean counters discovered how cheaply they could manufacture over there, plus expensive eco laws didn't apply over there. hardly any regulation...........Buck ;)

Conn musical instruments, used to be King right up the street from me in Eastlake,Ohio

Ohhhh.... and let us not forget Getzen~!! :wacko:

BH and All,

Work Boots, auto parts, clothing, Xmas decorations, household items, garden tools, all made somewhere else. What's a person to do?? I will pay for better quality, but it has to be available first.

Guess ya didn't read post #5 :mellow:

BTW: Red Wings Pecos still made in the USA!

GG ~ ;)

BH and All,

Some of our "Very Best" were made in China, and became U.S. Citizens. Please let us not disrespect them.

Well...if regarding those Chinese born Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, Airmen, or Guardsmen in our Armed Forces...I look at that as they 'started' in China but where MADE in the USA.... ;) .

GG ~ :mellow:

Getzen slipped my mind, Hardpan. An original Severinsen is on my short list, as well as a 60B Conn in lacquer, a Super 20 KingSymphony dual bore is on it too............Buck ;)

Nice!

Bought Sassparilla kid an Eterna Silver Bell a few years ago. Nice horn... he'd rather have had a Genesis, but... he's happy with it. :mellow:

Well, I moved here after they left, but I believe they're now in Idaho. Drew my nephew's name in the family Christmas gift lottery. Just came in today. Don't believe there's one amongst us that has no use for a new BUCK KNIFE !! Nicely engraved, nice wood, 1/500. Just tried it out of the box. Rock-solid, good factory edge, great hand-feel, satisfactory sheath. Yep, I got plenty of customs and handmades, but those are a matter of taste. BUCK is universal, all-American! Sure beats a new sweater... (prob'ly from China also....._

Guest Copper Mart

Yep, Buck knives just up the road in Idaho. White boots (custom if you want) in Spokane. They make packers, smoke jumpers, etc. Brother has three pair and has rebuilt on of them 3 times.

Yep, Buck knives just up the road in Idaho. White boots (custom if you want) in Spokane. They make packers, smoke jumpers, etc. Brother has three pair and has rebuilt on of them 3 times.

I thought all Buck knives were made in the USA, but the last Buck I bought said;"Made in China". I didn't even bother to look before I bought it. I did look at a Gerber before I bought it, and changed my mind when I saw:"Made in China".

I buy a lot of Bear and Son knives, because I can see them being made at customer appreciation day at the factory in Jacksonville, al. Some of their small knives look cheap, but the BIG ones are usually nice. I just checked my Tony Lama boots, and they are made in China. It's below all the rest of the writing, and you have to fold the boot down to be able to read it. You can read most of the label without turning it down, just not the Made In China part. I try to buy made in USA but don't always check the labels, especially on name brands I think I know. I guess we can't trust any company to stay made in the USA.

Well I went to the first link:

http://americansworking.com/"]http://americansworking.com

ON the side to the left of all the listings was an Ad for BOSE music systems.

They do have imported parts, but are assembled right here in USA...AND we just bought one!!!!

That was our christmas present to each other.

>Bose Corporation was founded in 1964 by Dr. Amar G. Bose, then a professor of electrical engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.<

SO there is hope..I may pay more but I always try to BUY AMERICAN..

I....Ride a Harley and drive a FORD!!! Shoot Rugers too!!

Great posts Pards;

KK

Archived