SASS Wire Forum

*SOLD*APHA Gelding for sale -- Lookin' for a good hoss?

Thanks for all the interest (and the "bumps"), folks.:D

Sold the Paint today. It's a tough hoss market these days, but the good ones always come to the top.

Thanks again for lookin'.

Pinto

Pards,

I have for sale a 9 year old, registered APHA gelding that is not only flashy, but smart, too!

This is a Three Bars horse that I've worked for the last 2 years. He ain't a kid's horse; he has excellent responsiveness to the rein. Sunny is a cowboy/cowgirl horse with lots of brains and he is remarkably fast on his feet. We just have too many horses now and one of 'em has to be sold. If you are lookin' for a horse with conformation and speed, this feller may be for you. He has so much chrome that people just stand and admire his looks. :lol:

I worked him the last couple of years on a bitless bridle in the mountains and in the desert. He works with a bit just fine, though.

He is a dandy Paint with brown eyes and an easy disposition. He is an easy, polite keeper who loads well and stands for the shoer. He may make a winnin' contest hoss. I've not tried him out in a timed event, but he's got what it takes.

Check him out at: http://denver.craigslist.org/grd/2106812065.html

I will offer a discount to SASS members. I want this feller to go to a good home where his real talents can be used to their best advantage. He has also pushed cows a bit, too. He did well at it.

Thanks for lookin'!

Pinto

Good looking horse Pinto!

But the growth coming off of his back.... yeesh.

Hope your coming back to Nebraska next year!

DM

Dalton, that growth on his back is easily removed by a sharp knife, a load of buckshot, or a low tree branch.

THEN, it'd be a great looking animal.

Pinto, like many of the others.... wishing....

Merry Christmas to ya, my old pard.

Boys, boys, boys...

That growth, as you so crudely call it, happens to be the best part of this hoss!

It's the command central, the CPU, the nerve center, so to speak. :mellow: It may not be pretty anymore, but that growth is still changin' hosses from good-to-better.

It's swell to hear from you two ol' owlhoots. Now, ante up and help an ol' bronc' twister move this high-class feller to a new home. He needs someone who can help him reach his potential.

BTW, I was wrong. He ain't a 9 yr. old, he's 8 until May, 2011. Got an offer on him the other day and had to check his papers. He's UTD on his shots and had a Coggins test this summer.

Giddyup for a $3,500 hoss in a depressed economy. Put this boy on your ranchito and he'll have folks askin' if they can take photos of him. He's all that and a lot more. $2,000 OBO for Sundance. ;)

What are his prospects for mounted shooting?

Howdy Seldom,

Thanks for askin'. I reckon my honest answer would be "I don't know."

Never trained a shootin' hoss, so I'm not sure what it all entails. Oh, I've read the accounts in the Shootin' Wire and a few articles, but I'm not sure what kind of disposition a horse needs to be good at that game. This one has the conformation and the speed, for sure.

I've always believed the old adage that "you can shoot off any horse. Once." :blink:

Mainly, this is a trail horse with all the fixin's to be a timed event mount -- with proper training. I guess I just don't know enough about the mounted shootin' game to sell any of my equines as a prospect for that. Sorry I can't be more helpful, pard.

Giddyup! :FlagAm:

Dang but that is one fine critter!! He even makes you look good!! :D:FlagAm:

All the best pard,

If i see ya this weekend we'll tell stories about horses, if not MERRY CHRISTMAS

Regards

:blink:

Gateway Kid

Dang but that is one fine critter!! He even makes you look good!! :rolleyes:;)

:wub: So there you have it, folks. If this horse can make me look good, imagine how great you will look on him!

BTW, I stated that he is a 9 yr. old, but I got an offer on him the other day and I checked his papers. He is 8. He'll be 9 in May, 2011.

Another bump for a fine horse. Questions? Send me an email or a PM. I'll give you my phone # and we can talk.

This boy is for sale, folks. Thanks for lookin' at Sundance.

Sir

I have just forwarded this post to a cowgirl in Havre Montana Her name is Lawretta and is very interested, has spent many a year pushing cows and working as a hand on round ups. So ifin she contacts you she is the real deal. Thank You Kick Ass Mule ( David Ormerod)

Dusty, mi amigo, I'll throw in 2 years of trainin' and a partridge in a pear tree. :FlagAm: You need this hoss, pard. A gal came by today to check him out. Sunny hadn't been ridden in 3 mos. Howsomever, she had him backin' up and doin' rollbacks like he was all tuned-up. His hoss-pards in the paddock were just grinnin' at him like he was a fool for workin' out so well. This is a good hoss, amigo. Thanks for the bump and Merry Christmas!

Russ N' Hound -- that's a cool story. I bet your daughter freaked out with joy! What a nice gift! Yeeehaw!

• 2 weeks later...

Sundance is sold. Thanks!

Dusty, mi amigo, I'll throw in 2 years of trainin' and a partridge in a pear tree. B) You need this hoss, pard. A gal came by today to check him out. Sunny hadn't been ridden in 3 mos. Howsomever, she had him backin' up and doin' rollbacks like he was all tuned-up. His hoss-pards in the paddock were just grinnin' at him like he was a fool for workin' out so well. This is a good hoss, amigo. Thanks for the bump and Merry Christmas!

Russ N' Hound -- that's a cool story. I bet your daughter freaked out with joy! What a nice gift! Yeeehaw!

Archived