SASS Wire Forum

Roy or Gene?

Jack Houston # 35508

when I was down at Branson a few years ago, I of course went to the Roy rogers show, Dusty, his son, said that Roy and Gene were really good friends, although many thought they didn't like each other they indeed did. as for Gene's missing holster and gun, I wonder what that was all about? seems strange don't it..

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875
I got a hunch they are both looking down at this thread and laughing their skinny cowboy butts off!

I doubt that it ever mattered to either of them who was the "best".

They were both smart enough to conduct themselves as gentlemen, and we are all the better for it.

I believe you're absolutely right. :D

:blink:

Best Singer? Gene hands down

Best Actor? Both were good in my books but Gene had Smiley and Frog... must better sidekicks. My edge goes to Gene

Best Person? Both were very fine gentlemen and will not say who was best... but i will say we need more men like them.

when I was down at Branson a few years ago, I of course went to the Roy rogers show, Dusty, his son, said that Roy and Gene were really good friends, although many thought they didn't like each other they indeed did. as for Gene's missing holster and gun, I wonder what that was all about? seems strange don't it..

I read somewhere that Gene tried the two-gun stuff once and didn't like it, so instead of getting a whole new rig, just simply took the holster off.

Best Singer?

Best Actor?

Best Person?

My Answer......Roy!

+1

Roy :blink:

Archived