SASS Wire Forum

Where to buy my holster?

Lead Slinger Lou SASS 82565

I'm going to purchase a Triple-K #115 Keegan Crossdraw Holster to complete my newbie outfit. I found two places that carry this holster and both are listed in the SASS Affilliated Merchants List. Their price is within $1 of each other.

The two places are:

The Cowboy and Shooters Supply, LLC

Cowboy Shooting Store, LLC

Does anyone have any experiences with either of these outfits? Other than tossing a coin, how do I figure out which one to do business with? :FlagAm:

Thanks,

Lou

I'd check with someone local like ole Slowhand Bob He makes a very nice holster and his prices are way in line. He just made me a Wild Bunch rig that I 'really love. Pretty good guy as well.

RRR

I have done business with Cowboys and Shooters Supply, I bought my first rig from them 5 years ago, still have it, have bought grips from them also, good people to do business with. I now have a rig built from a local guy

All for now JD Trampas

I have a couple of holster rigs for sale if you're interested. They are designed after the ones Brad Pitt used in his Jesse James movie. PM me if you're interested.

Welcome aboard Lou, I have no experience with either distributor, go with the least expensive. It seems like you know exactly what you are looking for and have pretty much narrowed it down.

No offense intended, but this is a typical post on the wire you ask a very specific question and everybody chimes in with their own two cents, especially during the winter!!!!!!!!!!! It never fails.....

Doc

Welcome aboard Lou, I have no experience with either distributor, go with the least expensive. It seems like you know exactly what you are looking for and have pretty much narrowed it down.

No offense intended, but this is a typical post on the wire you ask a very specific question and everybody chimes in with their own two cents, especially during the winter!!!!!!!!!!! It never fails.....

Doc

Cabin fever- Them Northern boys kant help it :FlagAm:

Doc

No offense intended, but ye can git alot more fer less!

Seems I saw ye had some back trouble. Hope everything went well. God speed in your recovery.

RRR

Call them both, whoever has it in stock ready to ship with the lowest shipping charges wins.

+1

If your are sure that is what ya want.

Call. First one that says they have it IN STOCK and ready to ship that day or next day.

Then buy from them.

Buy your "second rig" first!

You'll thank yourself down the trail and your poke will go further for other "stuff" later.

Great leather, taken care of right, lasts a very long time. Average to poor leather doesn't.

Find a club, ask to try on some rigs, watch the styles, and ask: why?, a lot!

You'll be surprised at the variety of rigs and how many folks are on their second, third, (or more) rigs; many for reasons beside weight gain or loss.

There are no shortcuts to great leather unless its comes from a deal caused by the aforementioned growing or shrinking belt phenomena (a true mystery) and /or perish the thought, moving on (for various reasons). Take your time. In this case (like practice) it will be time well spent.

Good luck Pard!

Well I called both places today and neither one answered their phones........... :mellow:

So, I ordered from Cowboy Shooting Store, since they were a buck cheaper. I got an email a few hours later saying that my order was shipped. If it arrives correctly, I'll be a happy camper.

Thanks to all who replied, especially to those folks who answered my original questions! :-)

Lou

Ned Buckshot nedbuckshot.com One of the best i ever saw,i have a few of his things and i wouldn't give them up for nothin! Good sound leather for using and abusing.

You get what you pay for. When your fed up with the Triple K leather try www.maverickleather.net Skip builds the best Holsters, belts and rigs. Great prices , quick deliverey, best materials & workmanship.

Tennessee Deadeye :rolleyes:

I have recently had some leather work done by Bruce Bowers,........and it is awesome. Great fellow to deal with, ride the river with or buy a used car from !

Bruce Bowers

Los Vaqueros Saddlery

and Buckaroo Custom Boots

losvaqueros@earthlink.net

http://www.losvaquerossaddlery.com/

I hope you enjoy your molded holster.

RRR

RRR,

Is there something about "molded" holsters that you think I should know about? I've had nothing but excellent experience with molded holsters from custom holster makers over many years of shooting many different types of handguns. Educate me, please.

Lou

RRR,

Is there something about "molded" holsters that you think I should know about? I've had nothing but excellent experience with molded holsters from custom holster makers over many years of shooting many different types of handguns. Educate me, please.

Lou

Well friend if you were shootin a 29 Smith and had a Bianchi 111 Cyclone CD holster to me that would be a perfact match, fer huntin/campin etc. But fer CAS IMO not to many use holsters with cyl inpressions visible (molded). What I'm sayin is Woodrow, Matt, Gus or even Roy or Gene didn't use em.

No matter how we start this game most will change gunzs/holsters/and clothing outfits many times before they settle on one kinda thing.

Its like most new pards start with a win 94 in 45lc and 45 pistols only to find out in 1 1/2 years they are faster than tha rifle operates and tha powder and lead for tha 45 is more expensive than 38. If thay practice at all tha difference adds up.

It don't matter at all to me what ye git, or what Doc Disaster's comment was as it was his op and what I stated was mine.

Hope you have a Great Christmas and I hope you like your new Holster.

RRR

Triple-K #115 Keegan Crossdraw Holster

Lead Slinger, Keep in mind that this holster and all Triple K products for that matter are pretty soft in the leather department. I first started out with Triple K stuff and was quite pleased with the products. I did notice however that the holsters were on the soft side and a bit difficult to reholster. I got a zip lock bag and put the holster in and filled with leather oil to entirely coat the holster. I then covered the pistol in plastic and holstered the plastic covered gun and let the holster dry out for about three to four days. That firmed things up a bit. I was also able to flair out the opening a bit. Smithy.

Archived