SASS Wire Forum

Good "True Grit" story

Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619

I cant wait.

Thank you Gunner. This movie is going to ROCK!!!!!! I love Jeff bridges anyway .. The cast seems awesome.

Thank you Gunner. This movie is going to ROCK!!!!!! I love Jeff bridges anyway .. The cast seems awesome.

Boy, my reaction is absolutely 180 degrees out from that.

A remake of True Grit is just further proof, if any were needed, that nothing is sacred to Hollywood.

And for any actor to consider reprising the role for which John Wayne won his Oscar.......... :FlagAm: I didn't care about Jeff Bridges either way before this, now he's on my bad side. ;)

I wouldn't pick up the remote to watch it, and if I came across the screen accidentaly I'd be hard pressed not to throw something at the television set.

JMO.

From tha trailers I've seen I can't wait ta see it. True grit is my most favorite movie of all time. This won't take nuttin away from John Wayne, it will gist be another good movie wid a TEX A CAN whut drunk from a dirty hoof print!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RRR

Deep down within I wonder if Glens actor will have his hair combed for it?????

Boy, my reaction is absolutely 180 degrees out from that.

A remake of True Grit is just further proof, if any were needed, that nothing is sacred to Hollywood.

And for any actor to consider reprising the role for which John Wayne won his Oscar.......... :D I didn't care about Jeff Bridges either way before this, now he's on my bad side. :lol:

I wouldn't pick up the remote to watch it, and if I came across the screen accidentaly I'd be hard pressed not to throw something at the television set.

JMO.

While I respect everyone's opinion on it....I think as western movie fans we should all be happy that someone out there is making a western movie the right way. That someone is putting the money, time and effort into actually making a new western for us to watch. I love the Duke as much as the next but think this movie will be great. As a western fan I will there with money in hand the day it opens to do my part and hope the movie is a success so others will follow and see that there is still an audience for western movies.

Would it be nice to see a new western movie? Sure it would....but I wont complain. It sure beats a cowboy with two gatlin guns strapped to a horse. At least its more of a traditional western.

I cant wait.

Howdy

What I want to know is, does Chaney carry a Henry? He did in the original, and judging from when it was made it would have to have been an original Henry. In the original, Chaney was played by Jeff Corey, who also played Wild Bill in Little Big Man, and a law man friend of Butch and Sundance in their movie.

“The Dude abides…”
:D

Seriously, a pal of mine who loves John Wayne movies caught it on a press screening over the weekend. He said, and I quote, “Man, I wanted to hate any remake of a Duke movie. You can’t hate this movie. It’s ‘Tombstone’ good. You and your cowboy shooter buddies are gonna freaking love it!”

I'm going to watch the movie; as I try never to miss a decent western. It looks to be a good one and should be very enjoyable. However, in my heart, The Duke will always be Rooster Cogburn.

:D

Seriously, a pal of mine who loves John Wayne movies caught it on a press screening over the weekend. He said, and I quote, “Man, I wanted to hate any remake of a Duke movie. You can’t hate this movie. It’s ‘Tombstone’ good. You and your cowboy shooter buddies are gonna freaking love it!”

SEE!! I think you doubters are going to be sorry!!

And for any actor to consider reprising the role for which John Wayne won his Oscar.......... :lol: I didn't care about Jeff Bridges either way before this, now he's on my bad side. :lol:

Yes. How dare he. :D

This movie is going to be great.

Christmas Eve the wife and I go out for dinner and a movie. This will be the one we will go and see. Can't wait!

Archived