SASS Wire Forum

engraving

Guest coyote

just pure B E A U T I F U L.

I gotta ask a question about this pix.

I'm not a collector of anything but it appears that in this pix, the hammer is partially cocked or set in its first notch.

Why would anyone want to start 'turning' this pistol.

If it were mine, that hammer would never leave its fully down position.

Is this a common practice with such fine work?

..........Widder

Pards,

The gun pictured by coyote was engraved my Mike Dubber of Evansville, Indiana. Mike is both a Colt Master contract engraver and is certified by the Firearms Engravers Guild of America (FEGA) as a Master Engraver. Mike is also a past president of the guild and considered one of the top engravers in the USA. That gun, known as "The Gambler" has earned awards at both the Colt Collectors Assn. Show and at the FEGA show in Reno, NV.

I would estimate that the engraving on "The Gambler" would be in the neighborhood of $15,000.00

This is a link to a full set of pictures of "The Gambler."

http://www.firearmsengraving.com/Pistols/Gambler.html

Widder: When Colts have a fully engraved hammer they are usually displayed with the hammer at half cock to show the work.

For those of you who are interested in beautifully engraved guns, you may want to get my latest book entitled American Engravers-The 21st Century. It features work by Mike and 38 of America's top artist-engravers. Here is a link to my publisher's site where you can look at some sample pages including some more Colts:

https://store.bluebookinc.com/Ecom/ProductD...&industry=1

Buck Rio alias Roger Bleile

Pards,

The gun pictured by coyote was engraved my Mike Dubber of Evansville, Indiana. Mike is both a Colt Master contract engraver and is certified by the Firearms Engravers Guild of America (FEGA) as a Master Engraver. Mike is also a past president of the guild and considered one of the top engravers in the USA. That gun, known as "The Gambler" has earned awards at both the Colt Collectors Assn. Show and at the FEGA show in Reno, NV.

I would estimate that the engraving on "The Gambler" would be in the neighborhood of $15,000.00

Widder: When Colts have a fully engraved hammer they are usually displayed with the hammer at half cock to show the work.

For those of you who are interested in beautifully engraved guns, you may want to get my latest book entitled American Engravers-The 21st Century. It features work by Mike and 38 of America's top artist-engravers. Here is a link to my publisher's site where you can look at some sample pages including some more Colts:

great, can't thank you enough!

Pards,

Outstanding info Buck...

Mike is an excellent engraver and a very nice person to boot..

Doc

Going to a Cowboy Fast Draw shoot tomorrow and wearing a BWestern shirt with skulls and dice. YEEEE HAAAAWWW... can't shoot, better darn well look good.

Yes, by golly if I owned it I'd shoot it. :FlagAm:

Going to a Cowboy Fast Draw shoot tomorrow and wearing a BWestern shirt with skulls and dice. YEEEE HAAAAWWW... can't shoot, better darn well look good.

Yes, by golly if I owned it I'd shoot it. :FlagAm:

Yup, me too, the shooting it part.

B Western? ;)

just pure B E A U T I F U L.

I gotta ask a question about this pix.

I'm not a collector of anything but it appears that in this pix, the hammer is partially cocked or set in its first notch.

Why would anyone want to start 'turning' this pistol.

If it were mine, that hammer would never leave its fully down position.

Is this a common practice with such fine work?

..........Widder

Turn it?

Hell, if i had it i'd shoot tha snot outta it :FlagAm:

Wat gud is it if ya dont ;)

Ya married a virgin (i assume) - she did'nt stay that way did she :D

Buck, thats makes sense now. thanks.

Sorri Pards, but ifn I owned that piece of Art, I'd take a bunch of pictures of me holding it and then I'd probably sell it.

too much gun for me. Trully a work of art.

..........Widder

Buck, thats makes sense now. thanks.

Sorri Pards, but ifn I owned that piece of Art, I'd take a bunch of pictures of me holding it and then I'd probably sell it.

too much gun for me. Trully a work of art.

..........Widder

I pretty much (seriously) agree :FlagAm:

Archived