SASS Wire Forum

Need venison meat loaf receipe

Dee Mak Jack, SASS #55905

Treat it like a very lean beef, and add some pork sausage or other fatty meat to the mix, maybe one part fatty to 2 parts lean, along with whatever else ya prefer. I like stale bread torn in big pieces, plenty of egg, green peppers and onions, and seasoned to taste with salt, pepper, and oregano, just like meatball mix :P

Treat it like a very lean beef, and add some pork sausage or other fatty meat to the mix, maybe one part fatty to 2 parts lean, along with whatever else ya prefer. I like stale bread torn in big pieces, plenty of egg, green peppers and onions, and seasoned to taste with salt, pepper, and oregano, just like meatball mix :)

Yep, ~30% sausage, and you might experiment with substituting a percentage of jalapeno for the green peppers. Sometimes I've use both stale bread and a little store-bought breadcumbs, too (latter mixes in a bit better). I usually add a sprinkle of cumin in there somewhere instead of oregano, but the seasonings cry out for your preferred creativity :P

-Chris

I might add some ground pork also.

As i normally use 70% ground beef 30% ground pork.

Like to cook down some fine chopped onion, carrots, and celery. Then let drain and cool some.

Before adding to the mix.

I also make my bread crumbs out of semi fresh bread. No dried bread crumbs.

salt, pepper, egg, bread crumbs, can of tomato paste, dash of oregano and a few other spices.

Dang. Looks like I am going to have to make one tonight.

That will make the wife happy.

I use 1 lb. deer burger, 1 lb. deer sausage, egg, catsup, salt and pepper, onion, fresh bread crumbs with a little butter on them, and a pich of chili powder, garlic salt to taste. Bake at 350 till brown on top.

Cash

Archived