SASS Wire Forum

Converting a Marlin 1894CB .32 H&R mag

Lil Cali Rose

Can it be done??? Anyone heard of it happening??? :FlagAm:

A few years back I got one of these buggers. Love the darn thing...except for the tubular loading. Can this durn rifle be converted??? :blink:

Send me info if you know anyone or anything about converting this bugger!!!

Thanks in advance all!

~Lil

(Just don't call me Lil.)

Anything's possible if you've got the dough. What's wrong with the tube? Kinda wish they all had that!

I'm sure there is someone capable of doing it, but it would be expensive, I'd bet.

With it's octagon barrel it makes the gun way too front heavy. To convert to side load will reguire adding metal to the back side of the gate to control the round. Once you do that it may not have room to open wide enough to load because it's now interferring with the carrier.

To the OP, if it's the front heavy issue i know of one gunsmith that rebarreled his with a carbine round barrel from a marlin 32-20 CL. He had to cut about 3/4" from the chamber end rethread and rechamber it to 32 H&R. Then rehange all the frontend parts.

What about taking the bolt and barrel off the .32 and putting it on a standard 1894 reciever? You could use the mag tube from a .38, if it's too big inside you could sleeve it.

Or, take an 1894 CL 32-20 reciever and bolt, put the octagon .32 Mag barrel on it with the .38 mag tube?

What about taking the bolt and barrel off the .32 and putting it on a standard 1894 reciever? You could use the mag tube from a .38, if it's too big inside you could sleeve it.

Or, take an 1894 CL 32-20 reciever and bolt, put the octagon .32 Mag barrel on it with the .38 mag tube?

The bolt and barrel aren't the problem. Because the 32 H&R rim diameter is so much smaller than even the 32-20 You need to control this smaller cartridge inside the receiver and you can't just sleeve the inside of the receiver. The various part have to be larger where needed but still clear each other to cycle. $$$$$

It is much easier to change to a lighter barrel.

Whoa! Lots of ideas but y'all seem to say the same thing. Cheaper to git me a new carbine. Hmmmmmmm...I'm just deathly afraid of bendin that durn tube when loadin in a hurry.

Ok, I'll keep my eyes open fer anuther one, but I still mite look for the option of convertin it.

I like the feel of the rifle, the weight, the balance, the fact that I can hit anything with it at 200 yards +++. Hearin that "TANG!" when I hit that target....OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH it just feels sooooo good!!!

Mebby my ma would consider gettin me a new carbine fer Xmas??? LOL!!! Oh, I can hear it all now...

"Young lady! Good GAWD don't you got enough of them shooters already!!!

~Lil

Lil Cali, Make sure you keep the magazine tube clean both inside and out.

also run a swab and brush down the outer housing.

Judge Harshly, who maintains two of them little critters :FlagAm:

Archived